CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be fairly easy for reporters to figure out where this video was shot, and how close it is to the Sherman house. There is a fire hydrant in the video which should make it fairly identifiable. It would be interesting to see if this video was shot from a location across the street from the Shermans, especially since near the end of the video the person appears to turn their head to the right and look across the street.

rbbm.
By Gabby Rodrigues
Toronto police reveal possible suspect video for unsolved murders of Barry and Honey Sherman - Toronto | Globalnews.ca
''In the roughly 20-second video, a person dressed in dark clothing can be seen walking down a sidewalk on a snow-covered night in the neighbourhood.''

“The timing of this individual’s appearance is in line with when we believe the murders took place,” Price told reporters on Tuesday. “Based on this evidence we are classifying this individual as a suspect.”

Price went on to say that although there is a lack of features and details from the video, police are asking the public to pay attention to the person’s walk, stride or style of walking.''

“If you recognize yourself in this video, please come forward so you can be excluded from our investigation,” Price said.

“However, it is our hope that someone will come forward with a name when they recognize the individual’s walk,” Price continued. “The way in which they kick up with their right foot with every step knowing that the person was or is connected to the Sherman family or was in the area on that day at that time.”

He said that although police cannot provide with certainty the person’s age weight or skin colour, through photogrammetry investigators have been able to determine that the suspect in the video stands between five feet six and five feet nine inches tall.''

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-honey-sherman-muders-police-update-1.6284912
''At a news conference at Toronto police headquarters on Tuesday, Det. Sgt. Brandon Price said of all the people seen on nearby security cameras that night, this person is the only one detectives have been unable to identify and exclude from the investigation.

"We have been able to eliminate the vast majority of people captured on the video," said Price. "We are left with one individual, whom we have been unable to identify."

Price said police are suspicious of the person's activities because they walk into an area not captured by video surveillance, stay there for a while, and then leave. ''

''The video shows the person walking with an unusual gait in their right leg.''

Do we have someone versed in photography/vid cameras? I noticed how light it seemed all over in this video, ie it didn't seem to be light out JUST in front of the one house with the one individual.. a reporter asked the question about time of day.. BP said he wasn't going to get into exacts, but that it was evening hours, or night, and when questioned as to why it appears light out.. BP responded that it was due to the lighting of the camera.

In mid December, we know that it gets to dusk and dark very early, it gets darker each day up until December 21st IIRC, and then it starts going the other way again.. so this occurred only a week before our darkest day of our year.. I'm wondering if this therefore means confirms this individual went into the S home prior to the Shermans' arrival and stood in waiting inside the house, or in the bushes, whatever.

Interesting the wording BP used when asked about the numerous suspects mentioned last year. And also, his NON answer when asked if the S family had been shown the footage and if they were able to recognize the person. I or someone else will transcribe at some point, I'm looking forward to reading the wording. jmo.

FWIW..
Abnormal gait: Types, causes, and diagnosis
''Abnormal gait is categorized as one of five types based on the symptoms or appearance of an individual’s walk. They are:
  1. spastic gait
  2. scissors gait
  3. steppage gait
  4. waddling gait
  5. propulsive gait
Spastic gait
Spastic gait occurs when a person drags his or her feet while walking. This type can also make someone appear to be very stiff when walking.

Scissors gait
A person whose legs bend inward will often have a scissors gait. With this type, a person’s legs cross and may hit each other while walking. The crisscross motion may resemble scissors opening and closing.

Steppage gait
Steppage gait occurs when a person’s toes point towards the ground while walking. Often, the toes will scrape against the ground as the person steps forward.

Waddling gait
As the name suggests, a person with a waddling gait moves from side to side when walking. Waddling involves taking short steps as well as swinging the body.

Propulsive gait
Propulsive gait is when a person walks with his or her head and neck pushed forward. It can appear as though the person is rigidly holding a slouched position.

In addition to these five types, a person with a limp is also considered to have an abnormal gait. Similarly to other abnormalities, a limp may be either temporary or permanent. A limp may also clear up without medical intervention''

Do we have someone versed in photography/vid cameras? I noticed how light it seemed all over in this video, ie it didn't seem to be light out JUST in front of the one house with the one individual.. a reporter asked the question about time of day.. BP said he wasn't going to get into exacts, but that it was evening hours, or night, and when questioned as to why it appears light out.. BP responded that it was due to the lighting of the camera.

In mid December, we know that it gets to dusk and dark very early, it gets darker each day up until December 21st IIRC, and then it starts going the other way again.. so this occurred only a week before our darkest day of our year.. I'm wondering if this therefore means confirms this individual went into the S home prior to the Shermans' arrival and stood in waiting inside the house, or in the bushes, whatever.

Interesting the wording BP used when asked about the numerous suspects mentioned last year. And also, his NON answer when asked if the S family had been shown the footage and if they were able to recognize the person. I or someone else will transcribe at some point, I'm looking forward to reading the wording. jmo.

Probably the porch light reflecting in the camera.

Casual too. Hard to believe they didn't leave any evidence wearing that heavy clothing.

Good point. Unless all that bulk, he had one of those white suits and zip ties?
Also, guy would've been smart to have shaved his head (and perhaps everywhere?)? Would be interesting if someone could recognize this person and know the person had shaved his head (or arms or whatever) just prior?

Which reminds me.. it is possible, if this person was brought for this express purpose from another country, that nobody seeing this video will recognize him/her. Ugh.

Probably the porch light reflecting in the camera.
But why would it make it be 'light out' on both sides of the street.. is a video camera that bright? If so, wouldn't it bother the neighbours? I do see now that the neighbours across the street further along, do seem to be in darkness, aside from the streetlights. I guess the streetlight right there would also help with the brightness, along with the camera. Also, why is the guy glowing all around him? Another photography thing?

Yes interesting. Looks like big black combat boots and gloves on. Im amazed no one else had cameras in that neighborhood?
They do.. BP said they have numerous recordings of this individual, along the way/way out, etc. He's not saying anything more about it. Someone asked why they aren't releasing other video, or more video, and BP said they chose this one because it was one that showed the clearest... but that they could still put together the same person in various other videos. imo.

Video released of suspect in Barry and Honey Sherman murder | Toronto Sun
shermansuspectdec14.png

A screengrab from video released Dec. 14, 2021 by Toronto Police of a suspect in the 2017 slayings of Barry and Honey Sherman.
“We have been unable to determine what this individual’s purpose was in the neighbourhood,” Price said.

“This invidividual’s actions are highly suspicious.”

Late last year, investigators said a person of interest had been identified in the case, but so far, no arrests have been announced''

''Price said video analysis shows the individual is 5’6 to 5’9 tall, but they are unable to say the individual’s, sex, race or other identifiers.''

The video shows the individual walking with an unusual gait in his right leg.

When I watched the video enlarged, to me it didn't really look like he was kicking up his right foot when he walked, or that he had a weird gait.. but... people walk differently, whether or not they have a gait issue. Someone familiar with this person will hopefully be able to tell from his walk along with his appearance, that it's someone they know.. but.. my guess is that nobody will know him because he's from out of the country. Do police have a way to make this video spreak in other countries?

Took 4 yrs to release this video?
BP explained that it took time to get it to this point - they collected 4 TERABYTES of video.. cataloguing it, figuring out/confirming the time, identifying every single person pictured in any of the vids EXCEPT for this one person, recognizing that this person appeared in several of the videos collected, etc.. and they only release if it serves a purpose to them. It seems like they may have wanted to solve this without having to go to the public with this. I'm sure I hope they know what they're doing and everything is strategic, in intent and timing. imo.

I believe the video was enhanced, so don't pay too much attention to the apparent lighting. Note the acutance at the boundary between the figure and the background. Acutance - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper