CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The footage could have been stored to the cloud.

It wasn't.
I appreciate the focus on boot prints, shoelaces and tread patterns. However as sleuthers we can get lost in the minutiae, and lose the big picture.

If the NW is the Suspect, the main goal is to identify him. Once he is identified then warrants for searches and arrests can be issued.
So how can we identify him? As I mentioned before, numerous people know who the NW is.(Family friends, co-workers, and so on)
But I think the general consensus is that he is not Canadian, and likely lives overseas.

What if each of us who has friends and relatives overseas, (especially Israel) sent those people the video, and told them about the $10,000,000.00 reward.

I know it is a long shot, and it might sound silly to some, but often these cases move forward on such information.

Maybe your cousin Mojimir in Romania remembers a similar guy when he was training with the special forces in a desert country.

Or

Something like. "I believe that is Abdul Zircon, he was section chief with Saudi intelligence".

Or

"I was a flight attendant on a flight from Toronto to Rome on Alitalia about a week after the murders, and I remember this guy who seemed so ordinary and was with a group of three other guys. He walked with a limp and seemed to be the leader of the group and gave orders like he was military. It was flight number 417, he sat in seat 33k"

If you have valid and specific and detailed info, I am sure the TPS would be interested in it.
IMO

I will contact my cousin Mojimir tonight

Unfortunately, my cousins will be of little help in this matter. I'm not sure that I'm helping, either!

I don't know anybody either. Do trained assassins live double lives? I have this vision like they would have isolated social circles who know what they do and would not turn them in.

From the second article:

The agency is asking the Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank and Toronto-Dominion Bank for records of deposits, cheques and electronic funds transfers associated with Bank Hapoalim's correspondent accounts from April 1, 2011, to Sept. 30, 2017.

This bank also has offices in Miami.

Does anyone know exactly when Barry asked his son to repay the $50M in the weeks before the murders? Could it be that the Apotex accounts with Bank Hapoalim were frozen, resulting in a corporate cash crunch?

(Sorry to self-quote.)

I just turned up the brightness on my iPad and watched the nightwalker video again and he does seem to turn his head like he is aware of a camera. I bet he has a smirk on his face. Creepy. I wonder how many people he has killed before and after if this is truly the murderer.

I just turned up the brightness on my iPad and watched the nightwalker video again and he does seem to turn his head like he is aware of a camera. I bet he has a smirk on his face. Creepy. I wonder how many people he has killed before and after if this is truly the murderer.
Looks like he has something to hide from showing his face which is a very suspicious behaviour.

Does anyone know exactly when Barry asked his son to repay the $50M in the weeks before the murders? Could it be that the Apotex accounts with Bank Hapoalim were frozen, resulting in a corporate cash crunch?

(Sorry to self-quote.)

Barry was pulling money together for a lawsuit loss. ($150 M).

From my timeline—
- November 16, 2017, Barry sends an email to Jonathon and Adam requesting repayment of $50-60 million. (Mid-November, Barry comments in an email that Jonathon’s ‘hostility persists’, and also mentions Jonathon’s lack of involvement with Apotex.)

-November 28, 2017, height of disagreement between Barry/Adam & Jonathon. Adam requests money from Sherfam, cc’ing Barry, writing that Barry approved the amounts. Barry says no, that he and Jonathon need to return of $50-60 million ASAP. Adam agrees, but requests millions to cover ‘cash needs’ for December 15th, 2017, and January 15th, 2017. Barry gives Sherfam the approval for the requested funds.

-November 30, or December 1, Jonathon and his husband go to Japan on vacation. Jonathon later tells the Star’s Kevin Donovan that he was learning and investing in crypto currency while there. Jonathon admittedly did nothing to repay Barry as promised.

(Jonathon returned on December 12th).

Barry was pulling money together for a lawsuit loss. ($150 M).

From my timeline—
- November 16, 2017, Barry sends an email to Jonathon and Adam requesting repayment of $50-60 million. (Mid-November, Barry comments in an email that Jonathon’s ‘hostility persists’, and also mentions Jonathon’s lack of involvement with Apotex.)

-November 28, 2017, height of disagreement between Barry/Adam & Jonathon. Adam requests money from Sherfam, cc’ing Barry, writing that Barry approved the amounts. Barry says no, that he and Jonathon need to return of $50-60 million ASAP. Adam agrees, but requests millions to cover ‘cash needs’ for December 15th, 2017, and January 15th, 2017. Barry gives Sherfam the approval for the requested funds.

-November 30, or December 1, Jonathon and his husband go to Japan on vacation. Jonathon later tells the Star’s Kevin Donovan that he was learning and investing in crypto currency while there. Jonathon admittedly did nothing to repay Barry as promised.

(Jonathon returned on December 12th).

Curious thought, when did JS plan and then book his Japan vacation? I know HS/BS had plans to vacation there as well it was within the next year, maybe still in planning stages, not sure if booked.

Are Kevin Donavan (Toronto Star) and Joe Warmington (Toronto Sun) the main reporting journalists on this case? Has LE released enough information to the public about this case in the last four years?

Lets put it this way. If Canada had a scandal mag like National Enquirer, Warmington would be working for it.

I really hesitate to write about a family/relative member being involved, not only because it is heart-wrenching to think that they could be involved but because we only have bullet points of information that we try to connect all the dots with and some situations that have no bearing on a situation get mulled over and over and over.

Imagine living in a family that has a parent who started life in a camp, suffered great loss for most of the growing years of her life, a father who is brilliant, successful, independent, force to be reckoned with but lacks an emotional expression of his feelings, now top that with 1 natural child and 3 surrogate siblings that could potentially suffer some feelings of abandonment that no one would understand, most likely not even themselves. If any shared thoughts with others the norm response from most would be, cry me a river, look at the house you live in and all the $$ your family has.

So many of the things odd and off to others regarding JS relationship with his parents, I do not see the same way. I see JS trying so hard to impress BS, to have BS be proud of him. IMO BS did not have the emotional feelings to respond to JS needs in the manner JS needed. IMO BS used money to fill that emotional void, especially if HS was the more strict or stoic one.

ALL families have trials and tribulations with one or some family members in some decade anyway. I myself have some family members that are not full blood relatives (adopted) or do not know the birth family at all, they were taken from their home as a toddler by Child Services, put in foster care and then adopted by the family that raised them at the age of 19 (foster care government cheques stopped after 18 yrs of age, they were left with a not really encouraging I love you feeling). Some of my family members experienced life long very deep depression with experiences including attempted suicide, alcoholism, stabbing of another family member, multiple hospital stays for the mental health safety of self and others. And I can tell you that the mental headspace where these family members' thoughts came from is of survival, they have an inert feeling of abandonment that cannot be easily verbalized or healed. It is so different and many of our family situations were part of this. IMO from reading online, surrogate children experience the same internal disconnect with parents, even if they were "test tube" fertilized with HS & BS eggs and sperm. The child grows and hears the birth mother's heartbeat, that is the connection (some books refer to it as the invisible umbilical cord) between fetus and carrier, that cannot be mimicked, the child once born feels this loss and is immediately on the defense and in survival mode even at 1 day old. why am I not wanted? what is wrong with me? not love-worthy.

With that train of thought, I can only think if not one of the heirs, then it would be someone close to one of the family members. Maybe close contact/relationship with a sibling, someone who would hear the venting of this person's struggles to gain control of their situation and took it upon themselves to rectify the situation. Or someone that will lose backing/support from Sherfam funding?

Thoughts that the new home would be 30-40 Million and the recall request of funding of 50-60 Million could be related. I get the impression the recall of the loan is not in any way to repay the Apotex 150 Million case payout, (Edit to add: $$ repayment was the only control BS had with a child being disrespectful to him) why use Sherfam $$ to pay Apotex loss? this is why he had a Sherfam company to keep this $$ separate.

KD interview/report/article with JS, JS said that with his first installment (will) payout he paid back the 50 mill. Wonder how that works for GreenStorage, will JS get the money back from another trust/bank/investor/Adam P his partner? Or did he pay for it out of his pocket and Adam P & GreenStorage are now all paid up and own everything?

Last edited:
I really hesitate to write about a family/relative member being involved, not only because it is heart-wrenching to think that they could be involved but because we only have bullet points of information that we try to connect all the dots with and some situations that have no bearing on a situation get mulled over and over and over.

Imagine living in a family that has a parent who started life in a camp, suffered great loss for most of the growing years of her life, a father who is brilliant, successful, independent, force to be reckoned with but lacks an emotional expression of his feelings, now top that with 1 natural child and 3 surrogate siblings that could potentially suffer some feelings of abandonment that no one would understand, most likely not even themselves. If any shared thoughts with others the norm response from most would be, cry me a river, look at the house you live in and all the $$ your family has.

So many of the things odd and off to others regarding JS relationship with his parents, I do not see the same way. I see JS trying so hard to impress BS, to have BS be proud of him. IMO BS did not have the emotional feelings to respond to JS needs in the manner JS needed. IMO BS used money to fill that emotional void, especially if HS was the more strict or stoic one.

ALL families have trials and tribulations with one or some family members in some decade anyway. I myself have some family members that are not full blood relatives (adopted) or do not know the birth family at all, they were taken from their home as a toddler by Child Services, put in foster care and then adopted by the family that raised them at the age of 19 (foster care government cheques stopped after 18 yrs of age, they were left with a not really encouraging I love you feeling). Some of my family members experienced life long very deep depression with experiences including attempted suicide, alcoholism, stabbing of another family member, multiple hospital stays for the mental health safety of self and others. And I can tell you that the mental headspace where these family members' thoughts came from is of survival, they have an inert feeling of abandonment that cannot be easily verbalized or healed. It is so different and many of our family situations were part of this. IMO from reading online, surrogate children experience the same internal disconnect with parents, even if they were "test tube" fertilized with HS & BS eggs and sperm. The child grows and hears the birth mother's heartbeat, that is the connection (some books refer to it as the invisible umbilical cord) between fetus and carrier, that cannot be mimicked, the child once born feels this loss and is immediately on the defense and in survival mode even at 1 day old. why am I not wanted? what is wrong with me? not love-worthy.

With that train of thought, I can only think if not one of the heirs, then it would be someone close to one of the family members. Maybe close contact/relationship with a sibling, someone who would hear the venting of this person's struggles to gain control of their situation and took it upon themselves to rectify the situation. Or someone that will lose backing/support from Sherfam funding?

Thoughts that the new home would be 30-40 Million and the recall request of funding of 50-60 Million could be related. I get the impression the recall of the loan is not in any way to repay the Apotex 150 Million case payout, (Edit to add: $$ repayment was the only control BS had with a child being disrespectful to him) why use Sherfam $$ to pay Apotex loss? this is why he had a Sherfam company to keep this $$ separate.

KD interview/report/article with JS, JS said that with his first installment (will) payout he paid back the 50 mill. Wonder how that works for GreenStorage, will JS get the money back from another trust/bank/investor/Adam P his partner? Or did he pay for it out of his pocket and Adam P & GreenStorage are now all paid up and own everything?

Re using Sherfam to repay the Apotex "loss". I do not view this as strange or unusual. Sherfam's money originated from and continued to come from Apotex and/or money earned in Apotex. IMO viewed both companies as "his" despite the fact that there were some minority shareholders in Apotex. It is only natural that BS would elect use available funds in Sherfam to assist Apo when required. Similarly, when APO was successful undoubtedly Sherfam benefitted either from receiving dividends or similar corporate distributions (if it was a shareholder of Apotex); or from BS directly after he had received income and/or dividends from Apotex.

The Primal Wound: Understanding The Adopted Child by Nancy Verrier (goodreads.com)

At the time no one knew who the targets were. Were the killings targeted and limited to just the Shermans, or was Apotex the target? Or something else- maybe take out the whole family. Not knowing, Apotex and/or the family members engaged security protection for the Trustees, employees, key family members, etc. That seems totally logical and warranted to me.

It could also be theatre. Any one of the trustees could have convinced the others that the threat of further physical harm was a real and present danger.

Last edited:
I was wondering same. Does anyone have or can anyone get the weather data from the Wed night through to Friday at noon? Was there a mild point where the snow would've all melted? I remember them saying that the heated driveway would've melted any shoeprints on the driveway.. but what of all the rest, and when did the snow start and end, etc? If prints are in the rear yard.. would they even necessarily be meaningful? Did that furnace repairman who was also present on the Friday morning, enter or leave the house through that back basement door as well? (Is that why that back door may have been left unlocked as noticed after the bodies were found, because he didn't lock it after himself, and nobody else thought to lock it after he left? Who knows if it was also unlocked on the Wed evening?)

Why is there no mention of this NW on the neighbour's video footage they told KD about - I remember it being reported that the neighbours hadn't looked as far back as the Wed evening, thinking the murders had happened closer to the time the bodies were found. But didn't the neighbours still have that footage of Wed evening/night? Or had it been overwritten by the time they thought to look at the Wed night?? (The police were said to have only taken a 'copy' of that neighbour's footage.)

Here's an excerpt of my post #410 regarding the weather:
I checked the weather for the months of November and December for Toronto and right up to the 12th it had been fairly temperate with warmer than usual temps. Temps didn't dip below zero until the 10th. On the 11th and 12th it snowed about 8cm each night and the 13th was the coldest day of the last two months, -8 C high and -14 C low so the snow that fell the previous two days wasn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!