Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ter-violent-deaths-of-barry-and-honey-sherman
Two legacies, one dark mystery: Toronto elite reeling after violent deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman

A mystery that has possessed the city’s business and cultural elite unlike any in recent memory

The National Post has learned that a second set of autopsies was conducted by a private pathologist before the couple’s burial. The results have not been released, not even to the coroner’s office.

The family has retained a lawyer and a private investigation firm, and family members have taken steps to enhance their personal security.
Members of the elite social circles in which the Shermans travelled, meanwhile, have been tight-lipped, with many tersely declining repeated media requests for comment. But the circumstances of their deaths have been the source of constant chatter among the Toronto establishment, a mystery that has possessed the city’s business and cultural elite unlike any in recent memory.
In a series of interviews with American author Jeffrey Robinson in March 2000, Sherman was more specific — and darker. He had made many enemies during a lifetime of legal scraps with the pharmaceutical industry and wondered why one of them hadn’t yet hired someone to kill him.

“They hate us. They have private investigators on us all the time, trying to investigate. The thought once came to my mind, why didn’t they just hire someone to knock me off,” Robinson quoted Barry as saying in the book Prescription Games. “For a thousand bucks paid to the right person you can probably get someone killed. Perhaps I’m surprised that hasn’t happened.”
rbbm.

So would he be hanging from the belt or leaning into it. I can’t picture how you would hang from a belt. You would need a loop (like a noose). Having a hard time picturing it. Have they described it specifically?

If they were seated, or when any hanged person is touching the ground or any surface, it's a "partial hanging", and by leaning toward the portion around one's neck, compression leads to losing consciousness. You cannot save yourself at that point between the effect of gravity and continued compression.

If they were seated, or when any hanged person is touching the ground or any surface, it's a "partial hanging", and by leaning toward the portion around one's neck, compression leads to losing consciousness. You cannot save yourself at that point between the effect of gravity and continued compression.

I don’t get it. So you hang a belt around the rail. constrict your arms in your jacket. Rest your neck in the belt? And just lean into it?

Why restrict your arms. Couldn’t you just stand up as self preservation? lol

Michael Hutchence from the group INXS hung himself from a door knob as I think Mick Jagger's girlfriend did.

I don’t get it. So you hang a belt around the rail. constrict your arms in your jacket. Rest your neck in the belt? And just lean into it?

Why restrict your arms. Couldn’t you just stand up as self preservation? lol

He was seventy five years old. Not so easy to stand from a sitting position with your legs hanging over the edge of a pool without using your arms. Your feet would not be on a firm surface to push you up.

Isn't this how Aaron Hernandez did it too? Used a sheet tied around his door knob or something? A belt would actually be a much better tool than a sheet for this purpose. They take belts and shoelaces away for a reason.

Even on vacation, he brought work along. Once, on a family trip to Tanzania in 1996, he got antsy on day eight and decided to start writing a memoir. It contained little mention of his family.

"[This] should not be taken as suggesting that they are not important to my life, as that would be anything but true," he wrote. "However it seems to me that information about my family is likely to be of less interest to a reader than my observations relating to philosophy, Canadian politics, and the pharmaceutical industry."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-honey-sherman-apotex-deaths/article37424109/

https://www.scribd.com/document/367757654/A-Legacy-Of-Thoughts-by-Bernard-C-Sherman#from_embed

Please read the Legacy of Thoughts. Very telling. JMO

I have been on the brand side of the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years and I can tell you that Barry Sherman and Apotex were absolutely hated. His company is largely employed by a band of merry litigious lawyers who went after brand drug patents way before they would expire. There were times when I was convinced that the judges were in cahoots with Apotex and Sherman because the brand drug patent had another 4-5 years left. How could it even happen unless the judge was “greased”? In one of the cases of a particular drug that was challenged successfully , our “brand” pharma team of litigators was let go the following week. IMOO Barry greased the legal ease out there because nothing other than what I witnessed made sense.

I have been on the brand side of the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years and I can tell you that Barry Sherman and Apotex were absolutely hated. His company is largely employed by a band of merry litigious lawyers who went after brand drug patents way before they would expire. There were times when I was convinced that the judges were in cahoots with Apotex and Sherman because the brand drug patent had another 4-5 years left. How could it even happen unless the judge was “greased”? In one of the cases of a particular drug that was challenged successfully , our “brand” pharma team of litigators was let go the following week. IMOO Barry greased the legal ease out there because nothing other than what I witnessed made sense.

Here is a classic example of what Quinnergirl is referencing... Astra Zeneca eventually prevailed, but had to take it all the way up to the SCOC
https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/16713/index.do

So would he be hanging from the belt or leaning into it. I can’t picture how you would hang from a belt. You would need a loop (like a noose). Having a hard time picturing it. Have they described it specifically?

We haven't been given enough information, but we know that suicide by belt hanging on a railing is possible.

"Late Sunday afternoon, the body of alleged fugitive murderer Ryan Jenkins was found hanging from a belt off a coat rack inside one of the [hotel] rooms."

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/ar...the-motel-where-ryan-jenkins-was-found-hanged

Seems to me BS was a nihilist. So ironic. JMO

So u use the jacket as almost a straitjacket to restrict your arms from loosening the belt at the last minute? Then why was Honey arms also constricted by a jacket if she was killed in another location. The Jackets is what is the most confusing for me. Hope I am making sense.

You make sense. I don't get why Honey's jacket would be pulled down. jmo

You make sense. I don't get why Honey's jacket would be pulled down. jmo

IF HS was moved following her murder, then the jackets both pulled down, would imply to me, that her killer wanted the murder to appear as a mutual, identical, suicide.

We have official police statements made in front of a camera, we have police sources, we have online police information, and perhaps other sources of information.

We know that "suspicious" does not mean "homicide" from reviewing all of the information that has been made available.

I am sorry, Otto, but your interpretation of official police information is completely different from mine. I have not been able to get my point across. We will have to agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IF HS was moved following her murder, then the jackets both pulled down, would imply to me, that her killer wanted the murder to appear as a mutual, identical, suicide.

So the thinking is that Barry strangled his wife with a belt ? And everything else flowed from that ? Was her supposed murder premeditated ? I guess it was, at least from the standpoint that he would have had to go search for a belt, retrieve the belt, then commit murder.

I'm sorry, I haven't read every post, so maybe I missed something.

I just don't get why this couldn't be a double homicide. No sign of forced entry? Big deal. There are plenty of ways that could happen. One in particular, the garage. How many people lock the door between the garage and the house? Or someone posing as a repair person, etc.
No signs of anyone else in the house? Isn't that exactly what a killer would be going for?

The fact that both of them had their arms restricted makes me suspicious.

How would they even know how to do that? You would think there would have to be computer searches if it was murder/suicide.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member