Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barry strangled Honey their likely would have been animosity simmering for awhile, and someone would have noticed that. Wonder if people in their circle are offering any help to LE about what they saw in the relationship.

I'm sorry, I haven't read every post, so maybe I missed something.

I just don't get why this couldn't be a double homicide. No sign of forced entry? Big deal. There are plenty of ways that could happen. One in particular, the garage. How many people lock the door between the garage and the house? Or someone posing as a repair person, etc.
No signs of anyone else in the house? Isn't that exactly what a killer would be going for?

The fact that both of them had their arms restricted makes me suspicious.

How would they even know how to do that? You would think there would have to be computer searches if it was murder/suicide.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I used to live in a house that had an entry from the garage to the house and, even though the garage was locked, I had a sliding bolt installed on the door that led into the the house.

I don’t get it. So you hang a belt around the rail. constrict your arms in your jacket. Rest your neck in the belt? And just lean into it?

Why restrict your arms. Couldn’t you just stand up as self preservation? lol

One would hang themselves 'better' if they knelt or sat after sticking ones head into the loop before leaning into it.
Restricting ones arms would prevent the tearing at the 'noose'/belt that is a normal reaction to being suffocated. One would still thrash about but be unable to undo or tear at it.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-honey-sherman-apotex-deaths/article37424109/
Yin and yang' is how family described Honey and Barry Sherman. They complemented each other, yet had clashing personalities. Reserved, socially awkward and a workaholic, Barry was a pugnacious man who never backed away from a courthouse or corporate fight.

As an entrepreneur, he hired private detectives to rummage through his competitor's garbage, then got a court order so he could barge into their head offices and seize their papers. He didn't hesitate to foreclose on the homes of people who owed him money, even relatives.

"Free will is an illusion … Life has no meaning or purpose," he said in his unpublished memoirs.

Honey was outgoing, with a cutting wit and salty tongue. Feted for her philanthropic work, she had the mettle of someone who survived throat cancer and took part in a charity dance contest after undergoing surgeries for her crippling arthritis.

Friends close to the couple describe signs of discord in the Sherman's marriage, such as public ribbing about Barry's devotion to work, but they viewed it as shtick.

He was introverted and undeniably brilliant. (He once told a Globe reporter his IQ was 180 and that he declined an offer to work for NASA. "Maybe I like to be a big fish in a small pond," he said. "Everything comes down to ego.").

In a decade-long litigation against Barry for a share of Apotex, the company he founded in 1974, cousins described his actions as "illusory generosity."

In court papers, the cousins alleged that Barry provided them with loans that were secured against their family homes, charged them "substantial interest," then sued them for recovery, "vigorously [prosecuting] those legal proceedings to the point of attempting to dispossess Julia Winter [a widow] and her young children from their family home."

Barry's cousin, Kerry Winter, for example owed him $7.9-million. When Mr. Winter defaulted on the loan, he had to surrender three houses in 2008, which Barry resold in power-of-sale transactions. The same fate befell Toronto businessman Stephen Mernick, who owed Barry $736,000. "At no time did I ever advise Mernick that I would not take possession of the property in the event of his default," Barry said in a court affidavit.
The faulty garage structure at the heart of the dispute, which included a tennis court on top and a sauna and underground pool inside, was a key part of their house. It was used for social events, such as charity functions and formal dinners.
rbbm.

All for show. You have an outdoor pool for summer and an indoor heated pool for winter, so why would there be a cover on it and unused in winter? What is the point of having it?

All for show. You have an outdoor pool for summer and an indoor heated pool for winter, so why would there be a cover on it and unused in winter? What is the point of having it?

I think the cover would keep in heat and humidity. And would be have to be shown in working order as the home was for sale.

Anyone know which of the Sherman kids lived in Israel?

I think the cover would keep in heat and humidity. And would be have to be shown in working order as the home was for sale.

Yes, I get that, but someone would have to haul the pool cover off every time they wanted to go for a swim? When I was looking to buy my retirement home, there were many houses that I could have lived in, but ones with a pool, I ignored. Too much upkeep and relying on other people to upkeep it.

Yes, I get that, but someone would have to haul the pool cover off every time they wanted to go for a swim? When I was looking to buy my retirement home, there were many houses that I could have lived in, but ones with a pool, I ignored. Too much upkeep and relying on other people to upkeep it.

We once lived in a house which had an automatic pool cover retractor. Easy to use.

There is usually a roller, so it isnt too hard. Swimming could have been good for her arthritis. I suspect they would have had a pool service look after the maintenance.

So Sherman was basically living his life in disbelief that no one had knocked him off yet. That’s how hated he was....

So Sherman was basically living his life in disbelief that no one had knocked him off yet. That’s how hated he was....

He thinks. An arrogant man. No one knocked him off, so he did himself and tried to make it look like someone had.

Discuss the case and not each other.

Leave the personal attacks and personal drama out of this thread or timeouts will be issued.

:tyou:

Poor Honey. I just can’t imagine what she saw in him. Being married to someone like that sounds exhausting and, quite frankly, awful. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Honey. I just can’t imagine what she saw in him. Being married to someone like that sounds exhausting and, quite frankly, awful. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People change through life.

I imagine the cover was electric. And maintenance would be provided by staff who takes care of pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire