Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A short question to more experienced: how is it easy/difficult to set up that a murder would look like a suicide? If the leak about moving the HS body from one place to other, would BS be able to make things so unsolvable? Would average knowledge of suicide/murders from movies be enough to keep LE busy for a week?

I've just read the BS autobiography - he looked as having a nice combination of bright business and scientific minds.

I’m trying to recall Barry Sherman’s good points. Maybe we aren’t meant to speak ill of the dead, but I think he comes across as a bully and totally arrogant.
He corrects peoples grammar, is rude to visitors in his home, sues anyone he feels like, whether he is right or wrong. I wonder how many people actually liked him. I can’t imagine women liking him or enjoying his company.

I’d love someone to list his good points, apart from his philanthropy.

His children seemed to have loved him.

In spite of being raised with great riches, the children seem to be good people. No way of knowing . We have not heard about brushes with the law or drugs which seems to be a common occurrence with many children raised with money.

To me, it indicates love and caring in the family

rbbm.
Assuming that the couple was murdered and assuming that the rumour about boots and jackets turns out to be fact, wondering if boots and jackets were put on to make it look as if the Shermans had just returned home as opposed to killers already in the home.
speculation, imo.

I think boots would be really hard to out onto a dead person

Sconnie, I was able to do it to myself in the manner explained. As if reaching up from behind to scratch your back, pull the jacket outwards and downwards.

I can’t do that at age 54 - my shoulders are on their last legs, so to speak. I really wonder if a 76 year old could do it.

All of this ego BS is terrifying. It is not the first thing I have read about the tunnel vision of researchers when a noted scientist or doctor says something. Many stick with the false narrative because of the person’s stature. Scary scary scary

It wasn't all ego IMO, there was a bit of economic self serving in there too.

I think some folks here need to take a moment, a breather, and re-evaluate. I cannot tell you how many times I read some form of "I know this was a murder-suicide because the police made a statement saying so" over the last few pages. The police made no such statement. It sounds like it was a preliminary theory when TPS arrived at the crime scene, and someone in the know, maybe even someone who was there, took that and spoke to a reporter. Anonymously.

I believe it's possible that when arriving at the crime scene, someone could have said "this looks like a murder-suicide". That's a natural reaction, I suppose. But TPS, in no way, shape or form, have confirmed that to the media. I also think it's unfair to say that the children are flat out rejecting the murder-suicide theory, and that TPS are appeasing them because they have money. They simply asked LE to do a thorough investigation, and refrain from leaking information that hasn't been substantiated, per their statement. That seems to be what LE are now doing.

We know very, very little in all honesty. There are so many plausible scenarios where this could have been a murder-suicide and this could have been a double-homicide. I think the only responsible place to be at this point in time is on the fence, and that's where I remain seated. Come join me, I'll share my hot cocoa. :fence:

Post of the day. Thank you!

I don't know him personally (and haven't really even delved into this), but he was known to be a hard worker. In my eyes, that is a good point.

I know you are looking for things other than philanthropy, but giving away money is a hugely good point. Not all rich people do that.

jmo

He appeared to be a very good father, according to his son’s eulogy.

Clear video, despite the snow!
Apparently checking the sewers is not the norm in murder cases.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.3734521

Could be relevant from an evidentiary perspective, or could just be doing an unusually thorough job. The mayor and PM were at the memorial. This whole case is not the norm.

I remain surprised/impressed at how there have been basically no leaks since the first day.

Thank you everyone for your insightful and greatly compassionate posts.

For those who celebrate Christmas, I wish you all a heart-warming and beautiful Merry Christmas!

For those who do not celebrate Christmas, I wish you all a heart-filled and wonderful holiday season!

Such great compassion everyone has expressed towards the loss that the Sherman children are suffering.

Their grief has saddened my heart and I cannot imagine the shock and deep heart-break they are feeling with their tremendous loss.

OK, here’s another idea I’m floating from the fence that could be a motive for manslaughter-suicide. What was Barry’s reputation with women? Was he respectful or did he push boundaries in his powerful position? Could one or more accusations from the past have surfaced privately that Honey found out about? One that would ruin Barry, as it has men in the U.S.? Is there a #MeToo movement in Canada? Was an article about to be published? Of course, as litigious as he was, he might have fought back in court rather than ending his life. Unless an argument about it with Honey led to her serious injury, causing him to stage the suicide and end his life. Just one of many possibilities I haven’t seen mentioned. He doesn’t seem “the type” but neither have some of the other men.

NMO—Not My Opinion, just a thought that popped into my head.

I just thought of another possible scenario. We've discussed the possibility of an argument developing after the meeting with the architect but let's look at it again. It seems they drove to and from the meeting in separate cars. What if something at the meeting set BS off? On his drive home he might've become more agitated going over it in his mind, all the while not being able to discuss it with HS until they got home. He could've pulled in first with HS pulling in after. He could've gotten to her car door before she had stepped out and an argument might've started. It would be very simple in a moment of rage to reach in and strangle HS with her seat belt.

I'm not saying this is what happened but it would explain most everything we've read from "police sources". If true they were in their coats and boots, it fits. If true she was killed somewhere else and moved to the pool, it fits. The pool would be easiest to set it up, without trying to drag her up the stairway or alert any staff if there. It would also explain why her car was taken in. It would not explain the search of the roof or sewer sweep unless he took her keys so she couldn't get away and LE is trying to find those keys. Thoughts?

Still trying to find out how the realtor had access. Was there a lock box on the front door or did the listing agency have keys. I thought I had read that the was no forced entry

His children seemed to have loved him.

In spite of being raised with great riches, the children seem to be good people. No way of knowing . We have not heard about brushes with the law or drugs which seems to be a common occurrence with many children raised with money.

To me, it indicates love and caring in the family

I think Honey was a very loving, nurturing mother and Auntie.

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member