Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many animal deaths have you investigated that were the result of suicide by hanging?

I've seen too many in our vet hspt, so I can imagine that a pathologist sees this frequently. Pets sometimes get into serious trouble with their leashes ... jumping over a fence, or getting it caught in something with tragic results.

I've seen too many in our vet hspt, so I can imagine that a pathologist sees this frequently. Pets sometimes get into serious trouble with their leashes ... jumping over a fence, or getting it caught in something with tragic results.

Yes, I can accept that.

How many animal deaths have you investigated that were the result of suicide by hanging?

None. Dogs and cats don't routinely hang each other.
As I have said I have had advanced pathology training. I have been quite transparent in why I joined this forum and am offering my skills in helping.

51 years married here. I’ve said from the beginning that if Barry caused Honey’s death it was an accident during an argument. My husband and I don’t get physical when we’re upset, but I can imagine that it could have been a simple shove. Maybe Honey shoved Barry, he shoved back, she lost her balance and hit her head...not enough to kill her instantly, but clearly serious. He could perhaps see that she was dying and came up with the cover story. Finished the job at the pool with the belt and ended his life beside her. Perhaps he hoped that it would come across as a double suicide or outside murder...anything but a murder-suicide. I know it sounds far-fetched, but a double murder does also IMO. I’ve never thought that murder was on Barry’s mind ahead of time.

None. Dogs and cats don't routinely hang each other.
As I have said I have had advanced pathology training. I have been quite transparent in why I joined this forum and am offering my skills in helping.

Then maybe you should take steps to become verified as a person who has special knowledge. No one will question your knowledge then.

Then maybe you should take steps to become verified as a person who has special knowledge. No one will question your knowledge then.

Well I did that achieving acvp boards. What do you mean being verified? Should I contact someone on the forum? I am new to forum. Can you guide me here?

I don't really understand all those crying women at the memorial service. I don't imagine that all those women worked in day to day contact with him. I get going to the service for respect but some of them were sobbing.

Professional or paid mourners come to mind. Could be just the skeptic in me.

My Opinion Only.

I don't really understand all those crying women at the memorial service. I don't imagine that all those women worked in day to day contact with him. I get going to the service for respect but some of them were sobbing.

Probably some people just lose it with their emotions, for whatever reason, maybe not necessarily related to the actual event... just hits them, you know? Probably the cameras were seeking out those who were showing emotion, even if they were non-players in this story? jmo

I wondered the same thing. Came to the conclusion that many might be concerned with future job security now that the owner
was deceased. Its been an open secret that Apotex has been having problems with Teva, all of the law suits etc.

With BS steering the ship, they felt secure but what now?

Probably some people just lose it with their emotions, for whatever reason, maybe not necessarily related to the actual event... just hits them, you know? Probably the cameras were seeking out those who were showing emotion, even if they were non-players in this story? jmo

Yes I think people at funerals are often crying for their own other losses

I still remember our lamb hanging itself when I was a child.

Years ago, my spouse had a work place murder and they were told to go as the TPS would be videotaping everyone. It was a young woman, sex slaying.....so all of the men went just to get ticked off the police list. And most of the women were crying but the victim was a lovely young woman.

Thats another murder that never got solved by TPS, still on the books. My spouse thought they'd all be DNA tested but nope.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is the motive behind murder suicide. Barry could have pulled off the staging in my mind. He was a workaholic and PhD just like me. I am also the owner of a company so I get the life. He would have thought about his company and reputation after killing her and was more than capable physically and mentally staging this. To think like a sleuth is to understand the mindset. It would not be hard in the hands of someone smart to arrange scene.
If you act fast enough you can actually make a hanging look like suicide. You can actually strangle a person and cause death and fool most pathologists into ligature compression. It isnt hard if you do this quickly. Pathologists cannot tell the difference on gross unless obvious and histological findings also do not correlate. Btw I actually do know this as I am a board certifed veterinary pathologist. Pathology is the same in human and veterinary training. Except we have rare chance to investigate why bessie the cow woukd have shot the farmer. Just a joke. Forensic pathologists routinely conference with veterinary pathologists..
The thing is why now . People married that long have long ago accepted differences and opinions. Barry didnt have dementia.
Why now would he have snapped and killed her.
I would like to hear from people on this forum who have been married for 40 years.
It is a long business marriage.

BBM

Well, you know what they say... The first 40 years are the hardest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is the motive behind murder suicide. Barry could have pulled off the staging in my mind. He was a workaholic and PhD just like me. I am also the owner of a company so I get the life. He would have thought about his company and reputation after killing her and was more than capable physically and mentally staging this. To think like a sleuth is to understand the mindset. It would not be hard in the hands of someone smart to arrange scene.
If you act fast enough you can actually make a hanging look like suicide. You can actually strangle a person and cause death and fool most pathologists into ligature compression. It isnt hard if you do this quickly. Pathologists cannot tell the difference on gross unless obvious and histological findings also do not correlate. Btw I actually do know this as I am a board certifed veterinary pathologist. Pathology is the same in human and veterinary training. Except we have rare chance to investigate why bessie the cow woukd have shot the farmer. Just a joke. Forensic pathologists routinely conference with veterinary pathologists..
The thing is why now . People married that long have long ago accepted differences and opinions. Barry didnt have dementia.
Why now would he have snapped and killed her.
I would like to hear from people on this forum who have been married for 40 years. It is a long business marriage.

I have produced necessary certificates and credentials
I actually am a veterinarian and veterinary pathologist. I truly am puzzled by this case and I truly want to help
This case also caught my i interest through a personal connection who is close to the family. If I can help I will.

BBM

Well, you know what they say... The first 40 years are the hardest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh good. I've done my 40 so let the good times roll now.

I can't even imagine my husband killing me and then committing suicide over it. Nor can I imagine me doing that to him or any accident occurring that would cause the same scenario. But we're not high profile billionaires so I have no idea how they would think or act.

My quiet, kind husband does have some qualities of BS without the wealthy, litigious part. Intelligent, a thinker, patents his own designs, a workaholic and an introvert and also a desk jockey with a bad back. I fell off a rickety step ladder a couple of years ago while washing windows and landed hard and broke my tail bone which left me in excruciating pain. I'm nowhere near as heavy as HS and husband could not get me off the ground. I had to roll over and crawl to a chair and get myself up. We are over 10 years younger than the Sherman's and despite his bad back he's not in terrible condition. He was completely mortified that he could not help me.

So I have trouble imagining BS dragging Honey's dead weight around and arranging her in a noose. But just because I can't imagine it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I don't know what to think about this case.

What is *really* gross to me, is the thought that it could even be possible for B to kill H by 'ligature neck compression', considering that she had seemingly, not too long ago, recovered from throat cancer. I don't hear anyone arguing that the man loved his wife of .. how many years was it? She went through what had to have been a horrible illness, and apparently(?) beat cancer, in the same area of her body where she was killed.. I can imagine it must have been a stressful and perhaps scary time for both of them, even if the outcome was promising. And I can completely understand that *anyone* can 'lose it', and snap, and do something regrettable, given the right circumstances for any given individual, but even so - could he have done *that*, to *her*, by that method, in that area of her body? I suppose some would say that when you lose it, you lose it.. but I find it unthinkable that he could have carried out that act by that particular method on her. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member