Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that car possibly that of the realtor who discovered the scene?

Hells Angels are the main suppliers to the dispensaries on the reservation in Tyendinaga. They have a big stake to lose in legalization.

I really hate pharma. To think of anyone killed over wanting to make money off of cannabis goes against everything cannabis stands for. Peace, health and pain free living.

Also the PIs won't be able to examine the car if it is locked in forensics.

Are you sure about that? Why wouldn't they?

I was in my local forensic garage, after I was attacked and had my car stolen.

Maybe, hard to imagine the realtor driving home after that nasty shock. imo, speculation.

She was probably told to stay at the scene and questioned for some time when LE arrived,

Ok confession time.... my first reax to the news re older Oakville couple dead in house today.....tada... murder/suicide! I’m guilty of painting these scenes with the same brush:shame:

She was probably told to stay at the scene and questioned for some time when LE arrived,

After finding the Shermans, Im sure TPS took her to the station where they could question her in depth but also see that she ate something and keep an eye on her for awhile. Poor woman would have been in shock. IMO

Cant let someone drive in that shape. Can always get a friend to get your car or pick it up later. IMO

Ok confession time.... my first reax to the news re older Oakville couple dead in house today.....tada... murder/suicide! I’m guilty of painting these scenes with the same brush:shame:

Agree. Exact same words from LE as in the Shermans case too.

Just saw the house. Another upscale looking house, not a mansion but a very nice home.

Interesting, I haven't caught up with that story. Has COD or MOD been established yet?

Nada....deceased, no threat to public safety, no suspects, gun found at scene...standard phrase. Neighbours say wonderful ,happy, great neighbours, looking forward to travelling............................

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/it-ma...ple-found-dead-in-toronto-area-home-1.3763439

My reaction too, although I suspect there could be as many questions - although the weapon found seems to make the conclusion more obvious. While this couple were clearly affluent, I'd like to be this sad case attracts much less police and media attention, though.

Nada....deceased, no threat to public safety, no suspects, gun found at scene...standard phrase. Neighbours say wonderful ,happy, great neighbours, looking forward to travelling............................
Good lord. It's literally a duplicate, and I can't handle a duplicate of this case, my brain hurts too much already. I suppose the difference being that the weapon was found on scene. That might suggest murder/suicide, more than double-homicide, but still too soon to know for certain. Thank you for the update!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/it-ma...ple-found-dead-in-toronto-area-home-1.3763439

This one definitely sounds like murder/suicide. Neighbours were were told to go to the basement and stay there by LE.
I don't know if that means it was a murder-suicide. I think that must have been before LE established there was no risk to public safety. I think other components do make it sound like a murder-suicide, however. I wish it was that easy for me to jump off the fence in the Sherman case, but it's much more complex and nuanced, imo.

According to the Toronto Life article written 10 years ago (2008 - https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/), BS was then driving a 2005 Sebring convertible (only 3 years old?). From what we've read, he wasn't much into vehicles and had a history of driving his vehicles into the ground before he would, seemingly begrudgingly, replace them (he was reported to have only owned 4 vehicles in his lifetime).

So fast forward 10 years, there are 2 vehicles outside the home, only one of which (reportedly the vehicle HS drove) has been reported as having been towed away by police (presumably for forensic examination). ("On Thursday, the same day that a large memorial service was held for the couple, police were also seen towing a champagne-coloured Lexus SUV from the property. Neighbours told CTV Toronto that it was the vehicle that Honey would drive." - https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-seen-searching-sewer-roof-of-sherman-mansion-1.3734344)

Then a month after their deaths, a second vehicle is brought out from the underground garage, to also be towed away by police. A 1999 Ford Mustang, reportedly owned by HS. Police seem to only be interested in HS's vehicles?

I wonder if HS had tried to commit suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning in the garage, and was discovered by her husband, who then dragged her to the pool area to remove her from the fumes, and subsequently discovered he could not save her, and so finished the job by trying to make it look like perhaps a double murder/assassination, and taking his own life too?

Police stated the COD for both as being 'ligature neck compression', but that doesn't rule out the possibility of an earlier, unsuccessful attempt at ending HS's life, by another method. It may also explain why LE hasn't said yet that it was a murder/suicide, or suicide/suicide (maybe it is complicated)? Why would they be interested in an old vehicle that nobody drove which was stored in the garage? (Could they have removed some other piece of evidence from the crimescene which they didn't want the media to see or become aware of, hiding it inside the Mustang, under the guise of wanting to examine the vehicle?)

Just random thoughts...

Remember there was discussion on the Sherman thread about the new property being in HS's name, and speculation as to why it was different than the ownership of their current property. I don't recall anyone ever posting whether or not it was actually ever reported as to the ownership of the present property. I came across this article this evening, which I hadn't seen before, which states that the current property was in both names. Just FYI.

"The North York home where their bodies were found was registered to both Shermans.."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-toronto-dead-apotex-1.4451452

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8