Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big difference between what is possible, and what is probable. If it's probable that someone broke into the realtor's lockbox to make a duplicate key, why isn't Greenspan suing the realtor and the lockbox company?
Because the investigation just began? Who knows how it will play out.

Likely not, it could be very strategic. But because TPS threw out pure speculation to the media, they likely feel they should, or have the right to, counter that in some way.

It is, what it is.

The TPS information was not based on any facts? Source please.

So Greenspan is now just throwing pure speculation out to the media?

That is no accident.

Well, he has to say something, they haven't hired him to keep quiet. AFAIK, as of yesterday, TPS was still holding the scene so he 'knows' nothing for certain. The woman from CP24 was pretty ticked off when the police basically told her to leave them alone. IMO

I searched the Paradise Papers database at the CBC News website. I entered 'Barry Sherman' and 'Canada.' The results gave several Barrys, but no Sherman. A search of 'Honey Sherman' yielded nothing in Canada.

If you can give me a list of countries where he has investments, I'll search the database for each country.

I also searched the Canadian database with no luck. I don't know where all he has money invested. This article is interesting as it mentions Trudeau fundraisers and Telsa along with the 10 top countries.

Massive leak pulls back the curtain on offshore tax havens — again

ETA: Where Are the World’s Best Tax Havens?

What is the source that it was?
The real question is what is the source that it was being investigated as murder-suicide?!?!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A little off topic but I can't stand guys like Barry Sherman. Generic drugs are never as good as the name brands that their recipe is stolen from. My daughter needs a certain allergy medicine and recently the pharmacist substituted a generic equivalent. Turns out that my daughter was allergic to the very medicine that was to be used in an allergy emergency. Bottom line is that now I have to pay extra for the name brand as the insurance company will only cover the generic substitute. So the insurance company gets richer, recipe thief Barry Sherman gets rich, and the rest of us have to live with second rate drugs.
Getting off topic but I think this should be clarified.
Are you Canadian? I know in the U.S. the FDA is very strict when it comes to generic drugs.

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/Resources...singMedicineSafely/GenericDrugs/ucm167991.htm

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I also searched the Canadian database with no luck. I don't know where all he has money invested. This article is interesting as it mentions Trudeau fundraisers and Telsa along with the 10 top countries.

Massive leak pulls back the curtain on offshore tax havens — again

ETA: Where Are the World’s Best Tax Havens?

I think his wealth is mostly in the company: he's the sole proprietor, there's no shareholders. Also he, and the company, have foundations that hold investments.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/rep...d-11-million-for-lost-profit/article37544625/
Jan. 9 2018
Apotex Inc. was awarded an eight-figure sum by an Ontario court for costs and lost profits it says it incurred after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration rejected studies conducted for the generic-drug company by MDS Pharma Services.

Apotex had contracted MDS to conduct studies to confirm that two generics it was developing were true therapeutic equivalents of their originals – with hopes that the FDA would let Apotex bring them to market in the United States. But FDA-related holdups, court documents say, forced Apotex to repeat and recertify its studies, delaying the journey of the drugs to market.
In the MDS case, Apotex originally sought from MDS an amount nearly triple what the court awarded.

But the FDA took issue with MDS's Montreal lab facility. Inspections by the regulator early last decade prompted concerns of "contamination issues." MDS shut down the Montreal facility in 2006 amid months of correspondence between the two companies and the U.S. regulator.

I think his wealth is mostly in the company: he's the sole proprietor, there's no shareholders. Also he, and the company, have foundations that hold investments.

I read somewhere he was named in the Paradise Papers but can't locate where I read it.

What is the source that it was?
The real question is what is the source that it was being investigated as murder-suicide?!?!

It's interesting to read the early reports. Several say police sources stated "it was being investigated as a possible murder-suicide". But then it seems some media reports ran with a condensed version and left out the word "possible" while others outrightly declared the deaths a murder-suicide.

All in all it's an example of extremely poor public communication in not having issued a press release or held a prepared news conference. I'm surprised TPS hasn't issued any sort of statement to clarify if the information from "police sources" was an official statement or not. JMO

I've given up on this case. It's quite apparent that the family doesn't want to believe that suicide was involved and that they have made it known that they will challenge whatever LE finds. With the threat of litigation, cops have gone silent and the only info that we will get is going to come from the family's lawyer. IMO the only ones that have all the facts are LE. They have no reason to lie or cover this up. I'm not sure if there are insurance policies that don't include suicide/murder, or if they are simply trying to protect their parents legacy, but bullying the police in to saying what you want them to say is no way to conduct an investigation. Just another example of how people with money are able to do things that you and I can't. If it was you or I, the investigation would have been wrapped up in a couple of days. Case closed. Now LE is wasting taxpayer dollars doing an in depth investigation that will likely yield the same results as what they originally would have concluded.

Thank you thank you thank you for this!!! It is so appalling at how the Sherman family reacted at what might very well be TRUE! Can't handle that your family member may have committed a murder/suicide? What - are you ASHAMED that this will tarnish the family name? Shame on them! Suicide happens every day to the most wealthiest and the most poorest. It does not have a face, socioeconomic status, nor does it have to show any warnings.

I believe that this was a murder/suicide, but I know time will tell and the truth will come out.

If you go back to the link posted by Hazel, you can see that Apotex isn't one company. BS owned numerous companies, about 6 of them, under a different name. He was also heavily invested in real estate and some offshore companies. The links to that was in thread 2.
I believe it was also mentioned in the Toronto Life article.

The forensic accountants must be very busy trying to sort it all out. This won't be wrapped up any time soon. IMO

Told you so. IMO hiring Greenspan and the investigator is more about PR than it is about finding the answer. The family now has carte blanche to throw out whatever theories they choose. The public will always buy it because, lets face it, the public loves a good conspiracy theory.

The "no forced entry" is just part of what likely led LE to think this was murder/suicide. Cops have the benefit of knowing whose fingerprints were where, if Barry had defence wounds, if there was any sign of a struggle, cell phone records, timelines, etc., they don't just come to determinations based on the fact that there didn't appear to be forced entry.

What doesn't make sense to me is that if this was a murder, why the murderer would possibly take a key (and I assume all keys are accounted for) and lock the door after he left? Just doesn't make sense.

Andreww, there is no evidence that I am aware of that the door was locked. The realtor evidently went to the house, accessed the house, and found the bodies. The door could have been unlocked when the realtor arrived. There has also been speculation that staff were in the house on Thursday and didn't go downstairs. If that is the case, staff could have locked the door when they left the house.

Thank you thank you thank you for this!!! It is so appalling at how the Sherman family reacted at what might very well be TRUE! Can't handle that your family member may have committed a murder/suicide? What - are you ASHAMED that this will tarnish the family name? Shame on them! Suicide happens every day to the most wealthiest and the most poorest. It does not have a face, socioeconomic status, nor does it have to show any warnings.

I believe that this was a murder/suicide, but I know time will tell and the truth will come out.
Harsh
How many times have LE gotten things wrong on 1st impression? If this were me, and knowing my parents as I do, it would only take one previous misstep to make me believe they were wrong in prematurely declaring my parents deaths a murder-suicide.
It seems some people are forgetting - it wasn't a police statement, never did the police say they were done investigating, none of the testing had come back before the "source" made this statement, no one knows WHY the statement was made!
There's another side to this too - if LE is so easily pushed around by the wealthy, whose fault is that!?!? I say clean up your police department of you think they are so easily influenced.

Apotex acquired other companies in the pharmaceutical world. There is one which I read about the other day but I'm having difficulty finding it so far. In the meantime, here are another few:

The following excerpt is from an article dated December 5, 2007:

"Apotex Inc., announced today that it has acquired
Lareq Pharma S.L. of Spain for an undisclosed sum from Industria Quimica Y
Farmaceutica VIR S.A.
Lareq, founded in 1984 and dedicated to generics since 1996, is a
mid-sized generic pharmaceutical company. With 12 generic registrations,
several pending near-term launches and products in development, Lareq is the
13th largest player in the retail pharmacy generics segment."

"Just recently, Apotex announced the a'cquisition of Topgen of Belgium from
the Zambon Group. "The acquisitions in Belgium and Spain, as well as our new
affiliate in Turkey, are clear signals of our commitment to growth outside
Canada and the US" continues Andrew Kay."

http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...rchasing-lareq-pharma-of-spain-534883421.html

In order to manufacture drugs and ship them within the U.S.A., Apotex paid $184 million for the purchase of a drug manufacturing plant in Florida. Apotex had aquired Aveva Drug Delivery company in 2012.

" Apotex said it chose Miramar for its new facility in order to facilitate more efficient expansion and service within the U.S., enhance access to Latin America, and capitalize on Broward County’s business environment."

"Jeremy B. Desai, Ph.D., MBA, CEO and president of Toronto-based Apotex, said in a statement that expansion in Canada was not feasible because U.S. regulations require the company to manufacture stateside the controlled substances marketed in the U.S."

https://www.genengnews.com/gen-news...ns-150-new-jobs-in-184m-us-expansion/81253991

Apotex had already acquired Aveva Drug Delivery company in 2012:

"As of March 30, 2012, Aveva Drug Delivery Systems, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Apotex Inc."

The reason I've posted some of these articles is because I am wondering just how many "subsidiaries" there are attached to Apotex.

How could there be any confirmed facts at that point in time? An investigation had barely begun. The bodies just found. The leaked murder-suicide theory, and even stating that there's no outstanding suspects, is based on speculation, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801