Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he was doing this because one of these companies got hold of his patents.
Hi kay74, I haven’t read anything about other companies getting their hands on his intellectual property. If that’s the case, that would make his actions somewhat more palatable. AFAIK his patents were not about drugs he personally developed. He used his genius to come up with alternate ways of manufacturing already existing drugs and then he would patent that new manufacturing process. I can’t remember where I read that so I can’t give you a link in case you wanted one.

https://anticorruptiondigest.com/an...d&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=anti_digest

"A Conditional Agreement was recently reached between Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. (“Company“) and the Israeli State Attorney’s Office, pursuant to which the Company shall pay the State of Israel a fine in the total aggregate amount of NIS 75 million (app. $22 million) due to, and admit to the facts in respect of, the Company’s involvement in a foreign bribery affair in 2012.
The 2012 affair spanned various bribery payments made by the Company via its foreign subsidiaries to public officials in Russian, the Ukraine and Mexico in violation of the FCPA (the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act), which prohibits the bribery of foreign public officials, as well as such other similar and applicable domestic laws in the countries involved (including, inter alia, the Israeli Penal Law). Such bribery payments were written off under the Company’s consolidated financial reports as legitimate business expenses so as to reflect a profit of approximately USD 220 million in the Company’s books, all by way of transfer of payments to foreign public officials prohibited by law. Such actions ultimately led to an investigation conducted by the DOJ and SEC and resulted in a Deferred Prosecution Agreement (“DPA“) reached between the Company and the American law enforcement authorities in December 2016. As part of the DPA the Company agreed to pay a fine of USD 519 million in order to settle the civil and criminal charges brought against it in regards to violations of the FCPA, and it was further concluded that an independent corporate monitor was to be appointed to oversee the implantation of the Company’s compliance program and reform for a period of three years."

Teva just got hit with a big fine.
Teva was in a lawsuit with Apotex.

"And Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries , the world's biggest maker of generic drugs, is currently in a legal dispute with Apotex over allegations a former Teva executive shared trade secrets with Apotex CEO Jeremy Desai.
Teva is also weighed by $35 billion in debt it took on to acquire Allergan's Actavis generic drug business for $40.5 billion last year. Last week it said it would axe 14,000 jobs.

A Teva spokeswoman in Israel had no immediate comment when asked about any takeover plans or the status of its legal case against Apotex"

Follow the money. Who stands to gain from the Shermans death?
Big Pharma takeover.
Billions��

I just started reading this forum a few days ago. Before I found this forum I googled daily and read everything I could find about these deaths. Did I miss it or have I not read anything here about the belts being pulled tight around their necks and buckled? I still can’t figure out how the belts could be tied around the rails unless they were really long belts. It also seems like the wrists would have had to have been bound at the back if the coats were pulled back as described. Also, I hate to sound stupid, but what does LE stand for? This is my first post so be nice to me �� Thanks.

I just started reading this forum a few days ago. Before I found this forum I googled daily and read everything I could find about these deaths. Did I miss it or have I not read anything here about the belts being pulled tight around their necks and buckled? I still can’t figure out how the belts could be tied around the rails unless they were really long belts. It also seems like the wrists would have had to have been bound at the back if the coats were pulled back as described. Also, I hate to sound stupid, but what does LE stand for? This is my first post so be nice to me 😳 Thanks.
:uthere: :welcome:

LE=Law Enforcement

LINK to Websleuths Acronyms- if you don't find the one your looking for just keep scrolling it's probably there!
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...viations-and-Acronyms-LIST-ONLY-NO-DISCUSSION

Hi kay74, I haven’t read anything about other companies getting their hands on his intellectual property. If that’s the case, that would make his actions somewhat more palatable. AFAIK his patents were not about drugs he personally developed. He used his genius to come up with alternate ways of manufacturing already existing drugs and then he would patent that new manufacturing process. I can’t remember where I read that so I can’t give you a link in case you wanted one.

Thank you for answering this. Alternate ways of manufacturing, like changing a few ingredients?

I just started reading this forum a few days ago. Before I found this forum I googled daily and read everything I could find about these deaths. Did I miss it or have I not read anything here about the belts being pulled tight around their necks and buckled? I still can’t figure out how the belts could be tied around the rails unless they were really long belts. It also seems like the wrists would have had to have been bound at the back if the coats were pulled back as described. Also, I hate to sound stupid, but what does LE stand for? This is my first post so be nice to me �� Thanks.
I think when it is said the railing it includes the posts. They could of put the body right up against a post of the railing and IMO have plenty of room to tie the belt. I cannot see how a belt would be long enough to react the tops of the railings.

Do you think he was doing this because one of these companies got hold of his patents.

Generic pharma companies like Apotex do not have or need patents. Their main business is based on expired patents of the big Pharma’s branded meds.

I think when it is said the railing it includes the posts. They could of put the body right up against a post of the railing and IMO have plenty of room to tie the belt. I cannot see how a belt would be long enough to react the tops of the railings.
I read... belts around neck, and belt tied to rail with piece of rope... but who knows.

LE - Law Enforcement

That was just about the strangest thing I've ever read. I can't believe that actually went down.

The same article speculates at the end that LE will be releasing the property this week. Not sure how they came to that conclusion.

It is quite odd. You would think that the Fifth Estate could find somewhere else to film. I am not sure the neighbours would be too thrilled.

Something on post #141 just caught me right in the throat. From the linked article.

BS wrote/said that he wanted to be a big fish in a small pond.

Could the small pond be the pool? Might explain the 'staging'.

AFAIK BS was known for patent busting. Once he had the formulas, he made less potent versions of the same drug. IMO

Generic pharma companies like Apotex do not have or need patents. Their main business is based on expired patents of the big Pharma’s branded meds.
c

or litigating an unexpired patent by claiming the existing patent contained an error, or was
imperfect in some fashion. That was Barry’s particular expertise.

However, eliminating Barry and his wife wouldn't prevent the company from doing exactly what he'd have done. Unless you're implying the company management is complicit. Or perhaps they're next.

You have to understand, Barry was the scientific genius behind figuring out if a patent could be challenged, based on chemistry, science and the law. I have to believe No one else at Apotex has this much knowledge imo he was one of the very best in the world. Think about the company now- it’s hands may be tied scientifically and in litigation because they have lost Barry’s expertise. Also are they hamstrung waiting for the estate to be settled? Whoever owns the company now (maybe kids) likely have little to no knowledge about the detailed affairs. They might not want to risk or commit multi millions on a new patent challenge to keep the company growing.
The bottom line is that Barry being gone creates a number of challenges for the company. I’m sure mgt is trying to hold it together, but things have changed and it will never be the same as it was. Imo

You have to understand, Barry was the scientific genius behind figuring out if a patent could be challenged, based on chemistry, science and the law. I have to believe No one else at Apotex has this much knowledge imo he was one of the very best in the world. Think about the company now- it’s hands may be tied scientifically and in litigation because they have lost Barry’s expertise. Also are they hamstrung waiting for the estate to be settled? Whoever owns the company now (maybe kids) likely have little to no knowledge about the detailed affairs. They might not want to risk or commit multi millions on a new patent challenge to keep the company growing.
The bottom line is that Barry being gone creates a number of challenges for the company. I’m sure mgt is trying to hold it together, but things have changed and it will never be the same as it was. Imo

As much as BS was still involved with Apotex, he stepped down 5 yrs ago. Its being run by Dr. Jeremy Desai, IIRC

Its still a private company, might go public or be taken over. That remains to be seen. BS would have had Apotexs' affairs in order, IMO.

After all, it was BS who was surprised that someone hadn't had killed him off for $1,000, years ago. Be careful what you wish for.....eh?

Thank you for answering this. Alternate ways of manufacturing, like changing a few ingredients?

I would appreciate it if any posters who have a better understanding of Rx compounds to correct my post.

BS could simply create the same Rx but change the binder ingredients. He would have a generic formula that was identical to the patented Rx but substitute a different binding or delivery agent.The binder ingredients could vary the way the Rx is metabolized. That is why although both have the same active ingredients the binders would vary.

That has been my understanding but if I misstated anything please correct me. I am sure there are chemist & chincal people who know the Rx industry much better than I do.

I am not a pharmacist but just like most of you I have limited exposure to various generics over the years. I also realize I am oversimplifying the entire pharmaceutical industrial complex.

:cow:

You're welcome. I think it applies to the method, not the ingredients. Murray Rubin, a longtime friend of BS was mentioning it on CBC. Took me a while to find it.
[url]http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.4454509/december-18-2017-episode-transcript-1.4457120#segment1

[/URL]
MR: Of course. You have to know Barry and Honey, well honey especially love being involved. Barry was the smartest person I ever met. He graduated in aeronautical physics at the top of his class and got involved with his Uncle Lou Winter’s business. And Barry made Apotex because he was such a clever guy. I don't know, are you were aware how drugs are patented?

CO: Well, he had found a way of doing it that was able to build Apotex.

MR
: That's right. You don't patent a drug, you patent a way of making it. And he took a drug that was patented and found a new way of making it. That took a very, very bright guy, and he did it — and he did it over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2