Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The killer wanted it to look like Barry had murdered his wife.

Coincidentally KW has made statements that BS wanted to see his wife killed.
Yikes, that's a pretty solid point PaulR.

His father was Jewish by race, and culture, but he was an atheist, and was at times hostile with those who did believe in God. I remember reading that he argued with a Christian Pastor, I think when he was in the Military. IMO

It would be difficult (imho) to *not* leave something behind. LE may not have legal justification for officially collecting KW's DNA, but it will likely be simple enough for them to get it by other means.

They have to have a good reason, I believe, before they start taking your soda straws for DNA.
Like a warrant.

If its taken in an illegal manner, its not admissible in court, I believe.

By the books, gotta go by the books.

Better to take their time and get it done correctly.

They want a conviction here, not a circus of wrongful convictions or anything that can be overturned on appeal.

They have to have a good reason, I believe, before they start taking your soda straws for DNA.
Like a warrant.

They want a conviction here, not a circus of wrongful convictions or anything that can be overturned on appeal.

They asked KW to take a polygraph we are told. Why not ask him for a DNA sample at the same time? He could refuse if he wanted to.
The only reason I can think of is that LE knew he would mention the DNA request to the media, and they don’t want it known that they have recovered some DNA from the crime scene? Imo only

KW had (at least) a bottle of water (visible) during the polygraph IIRC they said the interview took 3 hours...just an observation

They asked KW to take a polygraph we are told. Why not ask him for a DNA sample at the same time? He could refuse if he wanted to.
The only reason I can think of is that LE knew he would mention the DNA request to the media, and they don’t want it known that they have recovered some DNA from the crime scene? Imo only

I think the lie detectors were done by The Fifth Estate and KW's lawyer. I don't think LE asked him to take a lie detector test prior to his meeting with them this week. KW's lawyer refused the Fifth Estate to ask if he killed BS during the polygraph.

We don't really know that the LE hasn't found DNA at the scene since they were at the house for 6 weeks. Someone did mention above that if KW was convicted or arrested of something prior then they may have his DNA already in a database. I am not sure if this is the case though.

Like a warrant.

RBBM
What if the suspect discards a water bottle or something that they were drinking in a public trash can?

I think LE were following Christina Noudga and retrieved a drink she threw into a trash can. They then matched the DNA from the straw to DNA found in the Tim Bosma investigation (nitrile gloves found with her DNA, I believe).

RBBM
What if the suspect discards a water bottle or something that they were drinking in a public trash can?

I think LE were following Christina Noudga and retrieved a drink she threw into a trash can. They then matched the DNA from the straw to DNA found in the Tim Bosma investigation (nitrile gloves found with her DNA, I believe).

Yes, my thought exactly, Lexintoronto. I'm not an expert but it was discarded in a public space so she had no expectation of privacy. I don't think a warrant had to be in place for them to take the straw? I have no doubt that TPS would follow protocol because just like in the Bosma case, they wouldn't want the evidence to be excluded.

Complete guess: end of day, tired, maybe not as alert (perhaps he also worked all day). Or, just the availability of the detectives?

His father was Jewish by race, and culture, but he was an atheist, and was at times hostile with those who did believe in God. I remember reading that he argued with a Christian Pastor, I think when he was in the Military. IMO

What did the pastor say? Something negative about Jewish people not being saved?

Like a warrant.

In the US, LE can take anything a person discards. So if a suspect put straw in trash, i.e they could test it.

I haven't read anything suggesting that TPS asked KW to take a polygraph test. That would make zero sense to me also, as it's a completely invalid test in LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back