Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what evidence LE has to say so definitely that they were both targeted ? Do they have video footage of a car following both of them on the route home from Apotex on the evening of Dec. 13 th ? There must have been footage from different homes and commercial enterprises along their route. It reminds me of the Tim Bosma murder case, where LE gathered vital video from a variety of sources that showed Tim's truck being followed on the night he was killed. It is possible that the killers wore hoodies or something to obscure pictures of their faces. I think they knew what they were doing, as a professional hit team ; they likely had studied the route, and knew when they would be on film. There also had to be many homes along the way that had video surveillance. I hope that after 2 days it would still be available, and not recorded over. IMO

Det Sgt Gomes pretty much outlined why they thought it was a targetted double murder. And when you add the info from the leaks that have not been disputed, it is very obvious. As for video, she said that they have 4 TB of video that they need to go through and 150 bulk items still needing forensic testing. This takes time when TPS is working on 2 other high profile cases at the same time. Usually security tapes are taped over after 5-7 days.

Has this been asked/answered/discussed already, likely it has...and if that is the case i apologize....

:thinking:

Just curious, was BS scheduled/expected to attend, participate, present or otherwise at the 36th Annual J.P. Morgan HEALTHCARE CONFERENCE held January 8 - 11, 2018 in San Fran....

https://www.jpmorgan.com/global/healthcareconference#section_1320564152896

According to this he was to be in Florida with Honey till
jan 12.

Snip

"Looking forward to getting together in Florida. I am coming south Monday, December 18 - Friday, January 12," Mrs. Sherman wrote in the email. "Barry is coming south for Monday December 25 & going home with me Jan. 12.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/

"
  • Teplitsky also declined to comment on the appeal. However, he did tell Maclean’s that as of last week he no longer represents Kerry Winter. Teplitsky would not elaborate on why Winter is no longer a client; he would only say that he continues to act for Winter’s brother, Paul Barkin, and the estate of Dana Barkin, who died in 1995. Jeffrey Barkin, the fourth cousin, is self-represented.

Gee you think the Fifth Estate "performance" of KW had anything to do with his lawyer quitting? KW was reckless in all his interviews and I would have been surprised if his lawyer stuck by him.

Why do you think LE was up on the roof?

Was the sewer sweep looking for a particular item or were they hoping something accidentally fell?

I do not believe Honey’s earring was a plant. Why was it out there? Dropped by the killers? How did they exit the house?

Did they attack Honey outside and her earring dropped? Seems risky to attack someone outside.

How would the killers know that the Sherman house was not loaded with the best technology in the world for security?

How was the pool camera disabled? For a long time or just that night?

Why did they choose that night? Did they know where Honey and Barry would be that night?

According to this he was to be in Florida with Honey till
jan 12.

Snip

"Looking forward to getting together in Florida. I am coming south Monday, December 18 - Friday, January 12," Mrs. Sherman wrote in the email. "Barry is coming south for Monday December 25 & going home with me Jan. 12.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/

No need to be there physically to attend/participate/present...fwiw - Under the heading How:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...va-Present-36th-Annual-J.P.-Morgan-Healthcare

I wonder how anyone would know if jewelry was taken. Or other items. Maybe a housekeeper would know about the house items but jewelry? I don’t know if a housekeeper would know.

Would someone like Honey have reason to glam it up during the day if she was going to board meetings? I think fancy things are in the evening when she would dress up with lots of jewelry and I would think the housekeeper is not around.

I would imagine the kids had not much of an idea of what BS and HS had personally in their house. And I would think it would be very stripped down because it was for sale.

I wonder where the fancy stuff was placed? Jewelry, paintings, and other things.

I wonder how anyone would know if jewelry was taken. Or other items. Maybe a housekeeper would know about the house items but jewelry? I don’t know if a housekeeper would know.

Would someone like Honey have reason to glam it up during the day if she was going to board meetings? I think fancy things are in the evening when she would dress up with lots of jewelry and I would think the housekeeper is not around.

I woild imagine the kids had not much of an idea of what BS ans HS had personally in their house. And I would think it would be very stripped down because it was for sale.

I wonder where the fancy stuff was placed? Jewelry, paintings, and other things.

Chances are that the home insurance company would know if expensive jewellery was missing as there would be appraisals on the pricey stuff. I think it would be unlikely to have it sitting in a jewellery box in the bedroom. They likely kept it in a hidden home safe.

Chances are that the home insurance company would know if expensive jewellery was missing as there would be appraisals on the pricey stuff. I think it would be unlikely to have it sitting in a jewellery box in the bedroom. They likely kept it in a hidden home safe.

Do you think she insured her jewelry which someone on here said was Chanel. I do not know the price of such jewelry. The person said it was not that expensive.

Was the sewer sweep looking for a particular item or were they hoping something accidentally fell?

I do not believe Honey’s earring was a plant. Why was it out there? Dropped by the killers? How did they exit the house?

Did they attack Honey outside and her earring dropped? Seems risky to attack someone outside.

How would the killers know that the Sherman house was not loaded with the best technology in the world for security?

Why did they choose that night? Did they know where Honey and Barry would be that night?
Has it been confirmed that the earring belonged to Honey?
It is possible the earring was lost by someone dropping flowers off at the roadside memorial. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Human, it seems very unlikely to me that LE missed finding the earring. They walked back and forth up the driveway for 6 weeks. Even if there was snow on the ground, they used metal detectors along the edge of the road on the Sherman’s property and their lawn and also neighbours properties. For a few days and even weeks there was no snow on the street or driveway. If LE missed them there should be serious questions raised about their investigation of the scene IMO. But it stretches belief that they did miss them. Imo.

Do you think she insured her jewelry which someone on here said was Chanel. I do not know the price of such jewelry. The person said it was not that expensive.

Pretty sure she had expensive jewellery. She may not wear it everyday but she would have for big events.

Human, it seems very unlikely to me that LE missed finding the earring. They walked back and forth up the driveway for 6 weeks. Even if there was snow on the ground, they used metal detectors along the edge of the road on the Sherman’s property and their lawn and also neighbours properties. For a few days and even weeks there was no snow on the street or driveway. If LE missed them there should be serious questions raised about their investigation of the scene IMO. But it stretches belief that they did miss them. Imo.

Meanwhile..
https://globalnews.ca/news/4017030/alysena-28-birth-control-recall/
Feb 9 2018
attachment.php

Apotex Inc. is recalling a batch of Alysena 28 birth control pills.

The company says they may not be effective in preventing pregnancy because the pills were chipped.

Alysena 28 is a prescribed birth control pill, with 21 “active” pills and 7 “inactive” pills. The “active” pills were the ones with chips, Health Canada said, which means they may contain less of the active drug ingredients.

Attachments

• birth-control-21.jpg
    birth-control-21.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 222
If in fact it was thought murder/ suicide would be the verdict, perhaps the killers thought that the children would be upset, want nothing to do with the company and personal lawsuits and be amenable to confront the evil doings of such a father. Then the children would dismiss the lawsuits against the innocent cousins who also suffered under the evil father BS.

Killing their beloved mother would get the kids to hate their father.

Helpers could be persuaded to kill because of a promise of money . Perhaps there was even a little robbery thrown in.

Were credit cards or walllets taken?

Interesting thoughts about the "little robbery thrown in" and "the children dismissing the lawsuits."
Speculation: perhaps that is in the works already? Could that explain why KW is no longer represented by the same lawyer? just a thought, speculation, JMHO, MOO
:thinking: Appealing the cost award seems like "tightening the noose" (pun not intended). JMHO MOO

I guess we just have to wait for next developments in this mysterious case.

REMINDER of Websleuths Rules: Everyone has the right to their opinion. If you disagree, attack the theories, speculations, posts --- DO NOT ATTACK THE POSTERS.

That amount wasn’t large enough, apparently. Court records obtained by Maclean’s show that lawyers representing Sherman and his drug company filed a written notice at Ontario’s Court of Appeal on Dec. 22, [2017], the day after memorial, arguing that the cost award should be overturned because it “is clearly and plainly wrong.” They insist the cousins should be forced to pay more than triple that amount: approximately $985,000.
He also points out that because of all those promissory notes Sherman made him sign, he already owes his cousin more than $6 million. In other words, what’s another $300,000?

http://www.macleans.ca/news/barry-s...th-his-cousins-goes-on-weeks-after-his-death/

KW probably has to vacate the house he was renting from BS as well.

Obviously the Winters still owe all the judgment monies to BS and I would imagine there is interest included in the judgment. I would imagine that BS's estate realistic could not recover any of these funds, the only way would be to garnishee KW's salary as a means to collect the $$$. I do not think that amount of $$$ would ever be totally recovered.
I can't recall reading that KW was living in a house he was renting from BS.

Do you have a link, please?

Or is that "insider's" information?

I can't recall reading that KW was living in a house he was renting from BS.

Do you have a link, please?

Or is that "insider's" information?

"In August 2007, the court heard the suit against Kerry. His lawyer, Malcolm Kronby, argued that Sherman was acting vindictively. The judge still ruled in Sherman’s favour and Kerry had to surrender two business properties, a cottage and his home on Bellwoods Avenue. Kerry agreed to stay on as a tenant, paying $2,500 a month. Even this sum could be hard to come by. His construction company was shrinking while he continued to obsess over justice and riches.

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member