Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably posted earlier, but a reminder that Sherman family PIs apparently believe there were multiple killers:

"Earlier this week, a source with direct knowledge of the parallel probe told CBC Toronto that private investigators believe the Shermans were slain by multiple killers."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4505259

"Winning $300,000 in costs from his relatives apparently wasn’t enough. The day after his memorial, the drug tycoon’s lawyers appealed for more than three times that amount."

"They insist the cousins should be forced to pay more than triple that amount: approximately $985,000."

"the timing of the appeal is telling: it suggests that one of the last things Sherman did while he was still alive was to instruct his lawyers to continue battling,"

"Again, the cousins were ordered to pay that $300,000 on Dec. 6, one week before Barry and Honey were last seen, on Thursday Dec. 13."

"On Sept. 15, 2017—11 years after the original statement of claim was filed, and three months to the day before Barry and Honey were found dead- Hood*dismissed the lawsuit."

http://www.macleans.ca/news/barry-s...th-his-cousins-goes-on-weeks-after-his-death/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Probably posted earlier, but a reminder that Sherman family PIs apparently believe there were multiple killers:

"Earlier this week, a source with direct knowledge of the parallel probe told CBC Toronto that private investigators believe the Shermans were slain by multiple killers."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4505259

I wonder what they base that on.

Maybe that there was no indication Honey was dragged? But she could have been forced at gunpoint to walk.

What could it be? I wonder if the camera in the pool was alwasy disbled? Seems like something they would have active since the pool seems important. The new house has one as well

"Winning $300,000 in costs from his relatives apparently wasn’t enough. The day after his memorial, the drug tycoon’s lawyers appealed for more than three times that amount."

"They insist the cousins should be forced to pay more than triple that amount: approximately $985,000."

"the timing of the appeal is telling: it suggests that one of the last things Sherman did while he was still alive was to instruct his lawyers to continue battling,"

"Again, the cousins were ordered to pay that $300,000 on Dec. 6, one week before Barry and Honey were last seen, on Thursday Dec. 13."

"On Sept. 15, 2017—11 years after the original statement of claim was filed, and three months to the day before Barry and Honey were found dead- Hood*dismissed the lawsuit."

http://www.macleans.ca/news/barry-s...th-his-cousins-goes-on-weeks-after-his-death/

Seems likethe hatred had a time to percolate. One article said that KW was not able to pay his $2500 rent so his uncle said he would pay.

I wonder where the boys got money to pay lawyers for so many years.

Private corporations in Canada are restricted to having fewer than fifty shareholders (with shares registered in the names of two or more shareholders acting jointly being considered as one). Potentially that allows for more "shareholders" HOWEVER the artcles of the corporation will also set out the conditions and privileges attaching to each class of shares, and whether the shares are voting or non-voting. Accordingly, shares available to employees would be of a special class of shares with dividends, bonuses etc. payable at the discretion of the board of directors and redeemable only under specific circumstances. I wouldn't get too excited thinking that minor shareholders have the power to do much. TIGHTHEAD is perfectly correct...a private corporation is under the control of its primary shareholders, or in the case of APOTEK and it's affiliates, the control of the Estate Trustees, and no number of holders of those shares ranking secondary to the private shares will be able to band together to force the corporation to go public or allow them to sell their shares ...which are almost always only redeemable.

My thought is that an amazing succession plan has been activated and no amount of "what if" will make any difference the outcome (which means that BS is still holding the reins even after his death.) This paragraph JMO

Apotex is BS’s baby so I imagine he did what he could to make it thrive and function when he no longer was around

Maybe that there was no indication Honey was dragged? But she could have been forced at gunpoint to walk.

What could it be? I wonder if the camera in the pool was alwasy disbled? Seems like something they would have active since the pool seems important. The new house has one as well
"Besides finding evidence to suggest multiple murderers killed the couple, the investigators reportedly believe that Honey was engaged in a violent struggle before her death,"

http://time.com/5112006/barry-honey-sherman-canadian-billionaire-murders/

"But homicide investigators are poring over 127 witness statements and have gathered four terabytes of digital security files containing 2,000 hours of video footage from homes and businesses near the Shermans."

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/th...adian-jewish-couple-s-murder-mystery-1.457591

The logic behind the idea of multiple killers, is that if you are targeting two victims, and do not plan to use a gun and in fact you have a particular plan to use ligatures and hang victims from the pool railing, you would not go in alone. To much risk of something going wrong.

I think investigators will be focusing on;

Who has access to such professional assassins?

Who can afford such professional assassins?

Since there is a probability the assassins were not resident Canadians, lots of logistics involved, fake passports, accommodation, transportation and so on. Very expensive.

The big advantage of overseas professionals being involved is that it becomes a tremendous challenge for local investigators to link the assassins with who hired them.

I could be wrong but because of the slow progress to date, it points to a meticulously planned operation. Probably ex-military or ex-state intelligence operatives.

I think if there are any ex-Mossad people reading this they would have a pretty good idea who could have pulled this off.

Rbbm.
His reaction might be to say all sorts of incendiary things on TV, radio and in newspapers, then hope for book, film and other hopefully lucrative offers to come his way.
complete speculation, imo.

I hadn't thought of this. I wish I could say I wouldn't watch it. But I wouldn't watch it if I had to pay to see it. So There!!!

Why? Why kill Honey? If they are such pros they would know when a good time would be to kill Barry. When Honey was in Florida and he was in Canada.

It could be like the Dr. Theresa Sievers case where two buddies killed her for her husband

With all the surveillance tapes they have you would think there is video showing the killer(s) in the area. Disguised in some fashion, but in the area. JMO.

The logic behind the idea of multiple killers, is that if you are targeting two victims, and do not plan to use a gun and in fact you have a particular plan to use ligatures and hang victims from the pool railing, you would not go in alone. To much risk of something going wrong.

I think investigators will be focusing on;

Who has access to such professional assassins?

Who can afford such professional assassins?

Since there is a probability the assassins were not resident Canadians, lots of logistics involved, fake passports, accommodation, transportation and so on. Very expensive.

The big advantage of overseas professionals being involved is that it becomes a tremendous challenge for local investigators to link the assassins with who hired them.

I could be wrong but because of the slow progress to date, it points to a meticulously planned operation. Probably ex-military or ex-state intelligence operatives.

I think if there are any ex-Mossad people reading this they would have a pretty good idea who could have pulled this off.

:yeahthat:

Looks like things have come full circle back to the company being run by a non family member.Shades of the old Empire story...whose in charge.I think the company is vulnerable to being sold or possibly going public with its shares which makes it a whole different ball game.

If BS left his share of Apotex to his kids then nothing can be done without their say-so. If the kids don't have an interest in it, then they will likely sell either to current executives or an outside interest. I am sure with BS's age, he had plans for the company in his estate in case he was no longer around.

I find this comment rather odd!
BBM

"He reflected: 'Either way he had a terrible end. He either killed his wife and hung himself or he was targeted and Honey was punched out in front of him and his last moments must have been horrific."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5327391/Canadian-tycoon-killed-wife-says-cousin.html

"She had cuts on*her lip*and nose, and was sitting in a pool of her own blood when she was discovered. However, there was comparatively little blood apparent on her upper-body clothing, suggesting that she had been face-down on the tile, bleeding, for some time before being bound to the handrail in an upright position, the source said."

http://www.cbc.ca/1.4496686

HOW would KW know HS was "punched out" in front of BS?????????

"Rubin says while Barry was tough, he can't comprehend who would kill him and Honey with such "hatred".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42864082

Then there this statement, considering the home was for sale and had a "lock box"
on it AND there was no sign of forced entry...

"You were like a lock and a key, each pretty useless on your own. But together you unlocked the whole world for yourselves, and for us, and so many others"

"The bad blood spilled into the press again"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42864082

It sure does sound like KW knows more about the scene than has been released.

Honey in a pool of blood by the pool, a pool of suspects as bad blood flows again??

There sure is a lot of "play" on words in the press isn't there?

Moo

Why? Why kill Honey? If they are such pros they would know when a good time would be to kill Barry. When Honey was in Florida and he was in Canada.

It could be like the Dr. Theresa Sievers case where two buddies killed her for her husband

If it really was targeted, then the reasons I can think of are: 1) hatred for both BS and HS; or 2) money/desire to have the estate out of both of their hands. JMO.

If it really was targeted, then the reasons I can think of are: 1) hatred for both BS and HS; or 2) money/desire to have the estate out of both of their hands. JMO.
Or 3. They wanted BS to suffer even more by killing his wife first, in front of him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If in fact it was thought murder/ suicide would be the verdict, perhaps the killers thought that the children would be upset, want nothing to do with the company and personal lawsuits and be amenable to confront the evil doings of such a father. Then the children would dismiss the lawsuits against the innocent cousins who also suffered under the evil father BS.

Killing their beloved mother would get the kids to hate their father.

Helpers could be persuaded to kill because of a promise of money . Perhaps there was even a little robbery thrown in.

Were credit cards or walllets taken?

If in fact it was thought murder/ suicide would be the verdict, perhaps the killers thought that the children would be upset, want nothing to do with the company and personal lawsuits and be amenable to confront the evil doings of such a father. Then the children would dismiss the lawsuits against the innocent cousins who also suffered under the evil father BS.

Killing their beloved mother would get the kids to hate their father.

Helpers could be persuaded to kill because of a promise of money . Perhaps there was even a little robbery thrown in.

Were credit cards or walllets taken?

So far I've heard nothing about whether anything was taken. Nothing said about wallets, cell phones etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman