Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“They knew their parents better than anyone...”
WRONG: the daughters were estranged for many years. This wasn’t a close knit family. On the contrary....totally dysfunctional and toxic. One daughter in Israel, one in Whistler and one in LA.
Know that Barry’s fortune was cursed. The omen was real.
Has it occurred to you that it might have been possible that Barry lost his mind at 75, went off the deep end and killed his wife....afterwards, committing suicide. I often think Lady Macbeth.
Why is that harder to believe than double murder?!?!

FWIW, People I know well who have/had very close ties to Apotex and Barry have told me that the children were not close, and relationships in the family were strained and distant, especially relationships with honey. That doesn’t mean Barry killed anyone of course.
The same contacts have told me that they believe this was professional killing resulting from Barry having had a significant dispute with some Russians, involving investments other than Apotex. All heresay admittedly, no one knows, and my bet is we will never know what really happened.

FWIW, People I know well who have/had very close ties to Apotex and Barry have told me that the children were not close, and relationships in the family were strained and distant, especially relationships with honey. That doesn’t mean Barry killed anyone of course.
The same contacts have told me that they believe this was professional killing resulting from Barry having had a significant dispute with some Russians, involving investments other than Apotex. All heresay admittedly, no one knows, and my bet is we will never know what really happened.

I can’t think of one reason why JS would stand before 6,000 people who attended the memorial and deliberately portray his family to be any different than it was, given people in attendance knew the family personally. Can you?

Referring to his family unit as a six-pack consisting of himself, his parents and three sisters, he reminisced about everything from childhood family travels to massive holiday dinners to recent play times with new grandchildren. Through it all, members of the clan benefited from his parents’ boundless love and zest for life.”
Mourners gather for billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman

Now we're getting somewhere! I would not doubt for a second that Russians were involved.

KW,
if police one day in the future would present a perp/some perps who allegedly had done the double murder, would you believe it or would you think, they are innocent and made responsible by LE (scapegoat)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks please stay on the topic of:
Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto

thank-you-smiley.gif

In prior threads there’s been considerable discussion about a possible motive for a targeted murder connected to Canada’s impending legalization of marijuana, Apotex and medical marijuana. IIRC that arose due to speculation about what might’ve been “some specific aspects of the business” that Barry Sherman was involved with.

BBM
Barry had developed a robust succession plan which he began implementing five years ago when he stepped down as CEO. From that point on until his tragic death, Dr. Sherman was no longer involved in day-to-day operations at Apotex rather, focused on some specific aspects of the business,” Apotex spokesman Jordan Berman said in an email Friday.”
Apotex: succession plan for founder Barry Sherman was in place 5 years ago

So just for interest, a recent development pertaining to medical marijuana -

Doctors want medical pot phased out after legalization: Canadian Medical Association | CBC News
Once legalization happens, Blackmer said, there will be no reason for people to access it through their doctor.

"If anyone can go down to the local dispensary and get cannabis, there's really no need for a separate medical authorization system. You really don't need to have people going to their doctors because anyone who has a medical condition and thinks they might benefit from it can go ahead and try it," he said.”

Accept that with a 'script it can be claimed on Income Tax...SO THERE IS A NEED IMHO

I have no idea if it's covered by Health Insurance.

:thinking:

ETA: CANofWORMS ???
....sorry O/T....perhaps...but realizing IT's a BIG BIG CAN.
(do you wonder if Barry would have wanted to be a part of it??? maybe even a BIG part of IT??)

Last edited:
Folks please stay on the topic of:
Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto

thank-you-smiley.gif

Thank you for the reminder! If taking the thread off-topic was partially my fault, my apologies as my intent was only to demonstrate how homicides staged to appear as suicide by hanging are not absolutely uncommon, either in Canada or elsewhere. In other examples months or even years passed before the truth became known.

So just to more accurately summarize what I was thinking because it wasn’t clear....

In this case, it was only a matter of less than six weeks when TPS announced that same determination was made. While it may have seemed that was a long time before arriving at that conclusion, compared to other similar cases in reality that was not so.

Therefore the targeted homicides may not have been as cunningly or deceptively disguised as the perp/s intended, as the contrary evidence to M/S appears to have been quite obvious to everyone involved in the investigation, including TPS, the Coroner, the forensic pathologists and the hired team. Possibly leading to a higher likelihood the perp/s also left other incriminating evidence on or around the scene of the crime as well?

Accept that with a 'script it can be claimed on Income Tax...SO THERE IS A NEED IMHO

I have no idea if it's covered by Health Insurance.

:thinking:

ETA: CANofWORMS ???
....sorry O/T....perhaps...but realizing IT's a BIG BIG CAN.
(do you wonder if Barry would have wanted to be a part of it??? maybe even a BIG part of it??)

Only going by media reports that I’ve read....I think there was a false public perception that once marijuana was legalized in Canada, doctors would begin prescribing it in capsule/pill form as a sort of cure all for everything from depression to headaches to arthritis. It was also speculated pharmaceutical companies (such as Apotex) stood to benefit financially by having their products approved by Health Canada, perhaps eventually opening opportunities worldwide. Truthfully I never quite understood the connection to legalizing recreational marijuana, considering medical marijuana has been legal since 2001.

Just as I can’t see a relationship between Barry Sherman/Apotex and recreational marijuana or medical marijuana that’d be a cause for murder of both he and his wife. There’s already far too many fingers in the pie far larger than he imo.

Just reviewing...it's kind of eerie.

Snipped...
...Two decades ago, Sherman himself admitted he could be a target for murder. “For a thousand bucks paid to the right person, you can probably get someone killed. Perhaps I’m surprised that hasn’t happened,” he told author Jeffrey Robinson in the 2001 book Prescription Games: Money, Ego and Power Inside the Pharmaceutical Industry. After that, his list of adversaries only grew, as privately held Apotex expanded into more than 100 countries, including Mexico and India, and began developing a cannabis-based pill.

Endless court battles, angry relatives and shady players: the truth about Barry Sherman

In prior threads there’s been considerable discussion about a possible motive for a targeted murder connected to Canada’s impending legalization of marijuana, Apotex and medical marijuana. IIRC that arose due to speculation about what might’ve been “some specific aspects of the business” that Barry Sherman was involved with.

BBM
Barry had developed a robust succession plan which he began implementing five years ago when he stepped down as CEO. From that point on until his tragic death, Dr. Sherman was no longer involved in day-to-day operations at Apotex rather, focused on some specific aspects of the business,” Apotex spokesman Jordan Berman said in an email Friday.”
Apotex: succession plan for founder Barry Sherman was in place 5 years ago

So just for interest, a recent development pertaining to medical marijuana -

Doctors want medical pot phased out after legalization: Canadian Medical Association | CBC News
Once legalization happens, Blackmer said, there will be no reason for people to access it through their doctor.

"If anyone can go down to the local dispensary and get cannabis, there's really no need for a separate medical authorization system. You really don't need to have people going to their doctors because anyone who has a medical condition and thinks they might benefit from it can go ahead and try it," he said.”
Not everyone is a pot head or even a smoker, for that matter. It would be great to treat various aches and pains using an organic substance like marijuana but avoid inhaling smoke or the side effects of getting high and incapacitated. Regular pot smokers can do this and function normally, but occasional ones get wrecked. It's just like alcohol in that respect, but more so, especially today's potent weed. I can't see pot off the street or from a recreational weed shop fulfilling this need. Only something prescribed, that has the required THC/CBD ratio and does not have to be smoked can fulfill this criteria. Prescription marijuana should have a bright and lucrative future.

Last post here (for now lol) I promise...

Snipped...
...“We’re in the midst of a paradigm shift. Globally, cannabis is a $150 billion industry that’s currently transitioning from the black market to a legalized and regulated market, not just in Canada, but around the world,” said Kennedy.

“In the future, we’ll continue to see cannabis companies forging partnerships with pharmaceutical companies, alcohol companies, even makers of traditional food and beverages.”

Industry professionals agree that this kind of partnership is overdue.

Read more: Multinational companies moving into cannabis territory

CBD pills have been available for some time now. Shoppers Drug Mart is trying to corner the market on the upcoming mj pills. Heard that from a pharmacist who has to send a lot of his business to SDM.

I heard about the CBD pills over a year ago, maybe 2 years ago, from an elderly lady who works icing cakes at the local grocery. She needs it for arthritis in her hands.
Any GP can prescribe those now.

I can appreciate medical marijuana is a hot topic of interest, not only in this country but worldwide. While Canadian media might make it appear we are on the verge of global domination of pot, that’s not really accurate. Other companies worldwide are also seeking to cash in.

Columbia Care Introduces Nation's First High-CBD Pharmaceutical-Quality, Extended Release Medical Marijuana Tablets

So to not derail this thread, I’m still curious - what might’ve been a possible motive, a reason, directly pertaining to medical marijuana that resulted in the homicide of both Barry Sherman and his wife in their home?

According to this report, the project is continuing.
Barry Sherman was helping to develop ‘pot pill’ for medical marijuana users | The Star
“Despite Sherman’s death, both CannTrust and Apotex plan to continue the project, with scientists at Apotex working on unique dosage formats. Sherman’s death was noted in a CannTrust press release on Dec. 18, 2017, three days after the bodies of the couple were discovered. A 5 per cent drop in the company’s share price was attributed to “the tragic passing of Mr. Sherman and his wife, Mrs. Honey Sherman.”

IMO, Barry Sherman would have had a lot of time to prepare for medical marijuana and the drug formulations would have been done well in advance of his and Honeys' deaths. He was no slouch and had plenty of influence to make HIS formulation the TOP one accepted by the government.

Remember, everyone will have access to mj come October. Either medical or privately purchased.

I can’t think of one reason why JS would stand before 6,000 people who attended the memorial and deliberately portray his family to be any different than it was, given people in attendance knew the family personally. Can you?

Referring to his family unit as a six-pack consisting of himself, his parents and three sisters, he reminisced about everything from childhood family travels to massive holiday dinners to recent play times with new grandchildren. Through it all, members of the clan benefited from his parents’ boundless love and zest for life.”
Mourners gather for billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman

I can’t imagine he would do or say anything that would portray the family in anything other than the best possible light. Irrespective of the truth. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8