CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re right that cctv footage and trace evidence is a central part to solving the case. I’d be interested to see all the cctv footage.

But I think they have to develop circumstantial evidence against a person in order to justify a warrant for DNA or fingerprints to find a match if they do have the killer or killers biological traces, imo.

The trustees and lawyers seemed reluctant to fully cooperate with the investigation. Did anyone decline or interfere with people giving DNA or fingerprint samples?

Dotr asked a question that has stayed with me: if the killer or killers were someone close to Barry and Honey would they want them to be punished?

Alex G. and Jack K. we’re in the loop when Barry was having disagreements by email with Jonathon. As executors who were there to carry out Barry’s last wishes, did they think Barry would want them to protect Jonathon’s information in the files?
I do believe, that Barry and Honey especially, were believers in the need for justice in the world. Historically Barry used the legal system to right the wrongs he felt were against him. He had no problem suing his nephews for legal costs. So I do believe that the Sherman's would have no problem holding their killers to account. MOO

The fact the TPS did not hold a press conference in December asking for the public's help, has me believing the TPS is quite comfortable with where they are with the case.

I am assuming that.
-TPS know what happened and who did it.
-That there is no threat to the public of more murders, as the Sherman's deaths were a one-off.
-TPS is reluctant to files charges and start criminal proceedings until they are 100% sure of victory in court.

My assumptions are reinforced by the fact the case is still active with one detective on the case. It has not been buried in the cold-case files.

Of course I could be totally wrong, and the TPS is flailing in the dark, stymied by really top-notch criminals, Apotex, Sherfam and the heirs at every step in their investigation. I hope not.

The fact the TPS did not hold a press conference in December asking for the public's help, has me believing the TPS is quite comfortable with where they are with the case.

I am assuming that.
-TPS know what happened and who did it.
-That there is no threat to the public of more murders, as the Sherman's deaths were a one-off.
-TPS is reluctant to files charges and start criminal proceedings until they are 100% sure of victory in court.

My assumptions are reinforced by the fact the case is still active with one detective on the case. It has not been buried in the cold-case files.

Of course I could be totally wrong, and the TPS is flailing in the dark, stymied by really top-notch criminals, Apotex, Sherfam and the heirs at every step in their investigation. I hope not.
As frustrated as I am with the quietness surrounding this case, I tend to agree with you. I hope we'll wake up one day and hear that there has been an arrest.

A small detail, fwiw. From Sherman Murders Police Affidavit 12 Sept 1 2020 (Appendix D)
2.14MB ∙ PDF file
BA35EDD0-F349-47B9-AF02-DCE4353BF5FD.png
91770FB3-FF15-414C-BA5D-7AAA2058FFF8.png

KD said that the police compared MLS photos to the home to see if anything was missing. To me, this is the section. Maybe it’s significant.

Just mentioning this, it may be nothing. I was looking for something else and noticed in the court files I couldn’t find any mention of a second desktop computer at 50 Old Colony. (If you’ve noticed it, can you please tell me?) In the real estate photos there are clearly two: one in Honey’s office and one in which I’m guessing was Barry’s bedroom.

It seems as though Barry’s possible home desktop computer isn’t listed in the affidavits. What I don’t know is whether that second computer was removed after the real estate photos were taken. It could have just been staged or inoperable. But Barry was known to work from home on Sundays and late into the nights on weekdays in ‘his office’. Wouldn’t he have a computer?

Four of the six devices below were found at Old Colony and they’re linked to Honey by the data (detailed in the linked affidavit) and by what KD has written about them. (Toshiba laptop, HP desktop computer and two iPads) Then there’s Barry’s Blackberry that was found in the basement of Old Colony and an HP computer from his Apotex office. They later mentioned Honey’s iPhone.

1703329907515.png
(From first affidavit written by Det-Const. Devine, linked from AB’s substack.)

1703330723952.png

(From Sherman Murders Police Affidavit 12 Sept 1 2020 (Appendix F), written by Det.-Const. Yim linked from AB’s substack.)

The Blackberry was Barry’s and the HP computer in exhibit #6 was found in Barry’s office at Apotex. (I can’t post all of the photos, but if you go to that section they itemize some of the data found on the devices.)

Real estate photos of both desktop computers. One in Honey’s office and one in what I believe to be Barry’s bedroom.
1703329680466.jpeg

9E8B7BFC-AB6C-4DF5-9958-223A2199C748.jpeg
Another work station in the kitchen:
1703338241715.jpeg
Houssmax.com real estate photos.

Last edited:
Just mentioning this, it may be nothing. I was looking for something else and noticed in the court files I couldn’t find any mention of a second desktop computer at 50 Old Colony. (If you’ve noticed it, can you please tell me?) In the real estate photos there are clearly two: one in Honey’s office and one in which I’m guessing was Barry’s bedroom.

It seems as though Barry’s possible home desktop computer isn’t listed in the affidavits. What I don’t know is whether that second computer was removed after the real estate photos were taken. It could have just been staged or inoperable. But Barry was known to work from home on Sundays and late into the nights on weekdays in ‘his office’. Wouldn’t he have a computer?

Four of the six devices below were found at Old Colony and they’re linked to Honey by the data (detailed in the linked affidavit) and by what KD has written about them. (Toshiba laptop, HP desktop computer and two iPads) Then there’s Barry’s Blackberry that was found in the basement of Old Colony and an HP computer from his Apotex office. They later mentioned Honey’s iPhone.

View attachment 469781
(From first affidavit written by Det-Const. Devine, linked from AB’s substack.)

View attachment 469782

(From Sherman Murders Police Affidavit 12 Sept 1 2020 (Appendix F), written by Det.-Const. Yim linked from AB’s substack.)

The Blackberry was Barry’s and the HP computer in exhibit #6 was found in Barry’s office at Apotex. (I can’t post all of the photos, but if you go to that section they itemize some of the data found on the devices.)

Real estate photos of both desktop computers. One in Honey’s office and one in what I believe to be Barry’s bedroom.
View attachment 469780

View attachment 469779
Another work station in the kitchen:
View attachment 469794
Houssmax.com real estate photos.
If the police and KD don't solve this mystery, I think you and Dotr will!!

I don't think that is Barry's bedroom. I think that is one of the daughters old bedrooms.
I remember, that it was said, it would be the master bedroom with a corner for Barry's "home office". Maybe, the paper had it wrong? I wondered, why his office had to be in the room, where his wife would like to sleep at some point. Maybe he loved someone's company? Idk.

I don't think that is Barry's bedroom. I think that is one of the daughters old bedrooms.
I’m not sure which room it was, but he slept in one of the four spare rooms that were formerly used by the children. One housekeeper said it was the bedroom beside the balcony, right next to the main staircase. 23D1B885-5D28-438F-98C5-1A15CC9A1E45.jpeg

Maybe this was his bedroom? (No skylight and the railing is visible.)
1703367260331.jpeg
1703367697792.jpeg
(houssmax.com realtor photos)

But my point was more about not finding a report about a computer linked to Barry within Old Colony, or specifically the computer from that first bedroom I linked.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to our little family over here!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all Sherman Websleuthers.
Let’s hope that 2024 brings arrests in this case.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and everyone here. Thank you everyone for all of your interesting and informative posts that have helped me understand this case!

Recent action on the $40 million Noah Shechtman V. Shechtman Trust lawsuit. On December 21 a number of new people were added on as defendants. Two of the Shechtman children, Rebecca and Matthew, have filed against the 25 defendants in the screenshots below.

It seems like a big, messy lawsuit. I’m surprised by how many relatives are now involved. The CBC and KD touched on the topic so I imagine it will be newsworthy if it goes to trial. (I can’t tell by looking on the website what has happened. There’s only very basic information.)

Noah filed first in 2020 against Mary, Allen and the trust for $40 million. Then this year Mary filed against the trustees of *Honey’s estate* and others. Now Noah’s siblings have filed against these new defendants. The trustees are named, but in their capacity as *Barry’s* estate trustees.

Notice how it specifically says Barry’s *2016* trust.

Link to screenshots. It will only work if you have an account and are signed in: My Ontario Account

90120270-5334-419F-AB6E-7AD77C090F90.png0EA39B44-543F-4286-936F-75F36EA1259F.png26C23BD4-C2BB-41DA-8D08-F0F44DF3CCF5.png102E2DAE-21C7-4973-BDA5-A5BA735DDFAA.pngE8AF9BFD-2C04-4581-B17C-743981BCA56D.pngBB215C4E-C6F1-4EBC-95E1-DC613CD75836.pngEF3CA807-336B-4A36-96AD-D53FE4BA1107.png

Last edited:
Recent action on the $40 million Noah Shechtman V. Shechtman Trust lawsuit. On December 21 a number of new people were added on as defendants. Two of the Shechtman children, Rebecca and Matthew, have filed against the 25 defendants in the screenshots below.

It seems like a big, messy lawsuit. I’m surprised by how many relatives are now involved. The CBC and KD touched on the topic so I imagine it will be newsworthy if it goes to trial. (I can’t tell by looking on the website what has happened. There’s only very basic information.)

Noah filed first in 2020 against Mary, Allen and the trust for $40 million. Then this year Mary filed against the trustees of *Honey’s estate* and others. Now Noah’s siblings have filed against these new defendants. The trustees are named, but in their capacity as *Barry’s* estate trustees.

Link to screenshots. It will only work if you have an account and are signed in: My Ontario Account

View attachment 470685View attachment 470686View attachment 470687View attachment 470688View attachment 470689View attachment 470690View attachment 470691
That Mary is such a peach!

View attachment 470685View attachment 470686View attachment 470687View attachment 470688View attachment 470689View attachment 470690View attachment 470691
Are they mostly BS's and HS's nephews and nieces from BS's sister and HS's sister?

Are they mostly BS's and HS's nephews and nieces from BS's sister and HS's sister?

I think so. Barry’s sister’s married name is Florence. My guess is that while he was alive, Barry had set up a trust and the Florence family are, or were, beneficiaries. And Honey set up the Shechtman family trust.
That Mary is such a peach!
So much agita. I appreciate the drama she adds to the case but I feel bad for anyone in her warpath.

''Barry Sherman Family​

Barry Sherman's parents:​

Barry Sherman's father is Herbert ShermanBarry Sherman's mother is Sarah Sherman

Barry Sherman's children:​

Barry Sherman's daughter is Alex ShermanBarry Sherman's daughter is Lauren ShermanBarry Sherman's child is Kaelen ShermanBarry Sherman's son is Jon Sherman

Barry Sherman's current partners:​

Barry Sherman's wife was Honey Sherman

Barry Sherman's siblings:​

Barry Sherman's sister is Sandi Florence

Barry Sherman's nieces and nephews:​

Barry Sherman's nephew is Ted Florence

Barry Sherman's grandparents:​

Barry Sherman's grandfather was Abraham WinterBarry Sherman's grandmother was Paula Winter

Barry Sherman's uncles and aunts:​

Barry Sherman's uncle was Louis WinterBarry Sherman's aunt-by-marriage was Beverley WinterBarry Sherman's uncle is John WinterBarry Sherman's aunt is Gertrude SchillerBarry Sherman's uncle is Dr Ben WinterBarry Sherman's uncle was Dr Harry Winter

Barry Sherman's cousins:​

Barry Sherman's cousin is Paul WinterBarry Sherman's cousin is Jeffrey WinterBarry Sherman's cousin is Kerry WinterBarry Sherman's cousin was Dana Winter

Barry Sherman's in laws:​

Barry Sherman's father in law was Nat ReichBarry Sherman's mother in law was Helen ReichBarry Sherman's sister in law is Mary ShechtmanBarry Sherman's brother in law-by-marriage is Allen Shechtman''

1703809027741.png

Yes, the Florence’s are part of the family of Barry’s sister, who married Mike Florence.
I assume that the dispute in part relates to BS and or HS Trustees making a claim that they are entitled to some or all of the assets of the Schechtman Trust. So thebeneficiaries of the Schechtman Trust, including Noah’s siblings are taking legal action against the individuals who stood to benefit or did benefit from claims made against the S Trust by Bs or HS Trustees.

I think so. Barry’s sister’s married name is Florence. My guess is that while he was alive, Barry had set up a trust and the Florence family are, or were, beneficiaries. And Honey set up the Shechtman family trust.

So much agita. I appreciate the drama she adds to the case but I feel bad for anyone in her warpath.
Can you imagine even serving her in a restaurant?

Yes, the Florence’s are part of the family of Barry’s sister, who married Mike Florence.
I assume that the dispute in part relates to BS and or HS Trustees making a claim that they are entitled to some or all of the assets of the Schechtman Trust. So thebeneficiaries of the Schechtman Trust, including Noah’s siblings are taking legal action against the individuals who stood to benefit or did benefit from claims made against the S Trust by Bs or HS Trustees.

I don’t understand what I’m looking at on the Ontario Court website.

-in 2020 Noah first filed against Mary and Allen and the trust. He also named his siblings Matthew and Rebecca as defendants. That part makes sense because the CBC reported on the contents of the initial suit. Noah claimed his parents mismanaged the trust that Honey set up for him and his siblings. He claimed that his siblings received properties, but he didn’t. There were 17 properties as of 2017.

-2021 an order, but no details.

- 2021-2023 the case continues

-In the fall of 2023 Mary in her capacity as trustee (Allen not named) filed against Noah, but also added the trustees of Honey’s estate and her other two children as defendants (Why?)

-in December Rebecca and Matthew filed against the Sherman heirs, the trustees for Barry’s 2016 trust, and over a dozen of relatives on Barry’s side of the family. Plus Lauren, Alex & Kaelen (Why?)

There were additional filings but those are the main ones. I guess there are a lot of counter suits, but why would Barry’s relatives and the three female Sherman heirs be names as defendants. And it’s not worded as ‘Barry’s estate trustees’, it’s stated as the trustees of ‘Barry’s 2016 trust’.

And if you do a search on Noah’s name, there are about five entries related to his same case but they all have different case numbers. The same thing with the other people involved. So far the Florence and Sherman side have been named as defendants, they’re not the aggressors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop