Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, during the presser, a reporter asked a question and LE responded they found four photos in BM's apartment.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure not. Police in Canada don't reveal details about what evidence they have until the trial, they only talk about the victim's physical remains and identities. I think this has come through the TPS leak. Whoever that is.

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/cops-found-man-tied-to-accused-serial-killers-bed-source

"Meanwhile, in addition to allegedly finding a live victim in his apartment, sources say, special computer cops searched McArthur’s computer and found pictures of his victims which helped them identify some of the men."

What?! Wow. I don't know how the TPS team does it. As an observer, I'm already exhausted just reading everything mostly in the recent past and up to now.

Some questions in my brain:
Did he get divorced because his wife found out he was having relations with men?
Someone doesn't suddenly become a serial killer in their mid 50's do they?
He began killing because he hated himself and his lifestyle?
Has he been killing for 40+ years?

Why do I wish I could figure out what goes on in the minds of evil people?

I'm pretty sure not. Police in Canada don't reveal details about what evidence they have until the trial, they only talk about the victim's physical remains and identities. I think this has come through the TPS leak. Whoever that is.

Answers to most media questions were "I'm not going to get into specifics" which is what one expects. TPS team is not going to jeopardize the investigation. Outside of the team, it's unprofessional and unacceptable for anyone working in or around LE/other expertise called in, if they are leaking stuff or basically talking too much.

Interesting. You've just said the opposite of how I feel. Earlier I mentioned that there's a line at and beyond which evil lies and I could never go beyond it, not even as a desire to understand. It's an impassable line for me. I have no desire or curiosity to understand such evil.

:) understandable. try out the "incognito mode" or "private browsing" feature of the browser when you are unsure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keep in mind, this does not keep your browsing history private in a corporate network. I feel like it's worth a mention, it only takes one second to absent mindedly click a link without reading into it first. I feel like we should have spoiler tags for NSFW images or links.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Keep in mind, this does not keep your browsing history private in a corporate network. I feel like it's worth a mention, it only takes one second to absent mindedly click a link without reading into it first. I feel like we should have spoiler tags for NSFW images or links.

Good point. I didn't want to go too far OT, but i like the NSFW tag idea, will use that for future links of that nature, if any. Something i hadn't even considered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Twitter has so many NSFW tweets with Bruce McArthur's tag or name it's really annoying and unsafe now to read twitter feeds at work. Twitter really needs to work on that ASAP.

It's easy enough to clear your "browsing history". ;)

Interesting, I had no idea.

I recall shortly after I returned from a UN tour to Syria late 2001, so a few months after that/early-2002ish, there was - what they termed as a "round-up" - done at Zwicks with numerous men arrested and named in the papers. Off the Trans-Canada Trail near the dog park at Zwicks. Belleville was pretty shocked due to its small-town feel and ideals and slowness to accept people for who they are. Being posted at Trenton at the time and living in Belleville (but not originating from either place), I was actually shocked at how outraged the community was; sad. I though it was telling that Belleville would publish these men's names, but not the names of those straight men busted for solicitation. I hope they've advanced in their thinking these days.

It's easy enough to clear your "browsing history". ;)

haha clear your browser history in a corporate network. They (IT) have already seen your browsing! I don't work for a corporation anymore but NOTHING is private. When I did, you don't look at anything you should not. Looking at the news on lunch? Who cares, everyone does that. In chat rooms or sites like this etc.? No way! I'm sure this site would be blocked by a lot of corporations. People do stuff on their phones but if you're on your phone too much and that's observed, you'll get called on it.

Just read through the thread....and I'm sure there will be lots more that comes up in this case.

In an article posted a number of pages back a neighbour of the Mallory house said that he often saw BM working around the property and taking things in and out of the garage. He also said that a younger man was often with him. I wonder who that younger man was.

Agreed, this was never confirmed by LE, and Steve Ryan only ever said he had confirmation that something found in BM's apartment led investigators to believe there were four more victims beyond Andrew and Selim. There's been speculation on the idea that BM had photos, and I tend to agree that it's likely the case, but so far no confirmation beyond this new "source".

Some questions in my brain:
Did he get divorced because his wife found out he was having relations with men?
Someone doesn't suddenly become a serial killer in their mid 50's do they?
He began killing because he hated himself and his lifestyle?
Has he been killing for 40+ years?

It's nuts really. It's been 17 years since him and his wife sold their home, likely when they dissolved their marriage. Now I'm only speculating that this is when his behaviour started, it could have been earlier, it could have been much later (and for the sake of potential victims I hope it was) but if he murdered 2-3 people a year which is what we are looking at currently for 2017, thats 34-51 victims. Could be less, could also be more.

I don't know why I'm like this either, but welcome to the club!

If one were to go by all possible gay hook-up places in southwestern Ontario, there would be a very long list of locations... since he was clearly very comfortable finding victims in the same city again and again, why would he go to Belleville?

Belleville would be the nearest city to the Madoc property. Madoc is a very small town. Closest for choice regarding dining, entertainment, groceries etc. About 40km.

i tried to find him through the govt Canadian business name search but came up empty, possibly he was working under a numbered company and didn't register the name. also tried searching his family name there as well. and lastly tried a targeted google search against kijiji for his business name, no go. might have to try searching the Google cache next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I googled: "name of Bruce McArthur's landscaping business" and came up with "Artistic Design" from this linked article:

http://www.macleans.ca/news/what-we-know-so-far-about-bruce-mcarthur/

McArthur was self-employed as a landscaper, using the company name ‘Artistic Design’. He is believed to have worked on up to 30 properties in Toronto and the GTA.

ETA: Seems that all the original articles from 18/19 January announcing his arrest also make mention of "Artistic Design" as the business name.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...toronto-serial-killer-investigation-1.4509133
[h=1]'I was so horrified,' says woman whose home is linked to Toronto serial killer investigation[/h]
Karen Fraser and her husband haven't been home in more than a week.
"It really took the two of us to form a sentence and to try and make a plan," she said. "I simply couldn't think. I was so horrified. Every aspect was more horrifying and I just — it was really hard to take."

Police have controlled the property ever since.
Fraser said McArthur would often store such planters on her property. There were two large, heavy ones in her backyard for the last two years, she said.

"They would come and go," she said. "If they were going to stay long enough, he often put some plants in for us. And then when a client wanted them, off they would go."
News of McArthur's arrest came as a shock to Fraser, who says she's known him for nearly a decade.

"You have to understand, he has been kind, helpful, helped with our charity work, doing floral gifts for silent auctions. He went above and beyond what our original agreement was to cut the grass," she said.
"There's a beautiful Christmas arrangement ... just showed up on a week before Christmas made by him."
Fraser said she's had trouble sleeping.

She said she's been been thinking a lot about how some of the victims were immigrants to Canada
"And so I picture these men, glad to be making friends. They found a community. They really think that their new life is going to be maybe more than they ever dreamed possible — and then that someone someone took advantage," she said.
rbbm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member