Found Deceased Canada - Cameron Bailie, 27, Oshawa, Ont, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a lot of Marsh, the marsh near GL Roberts high school, near the second Marsh further East at the GM headquarters. I've mentioned this before with the Jeffery Boucher case that the general current in the lake moves to the East. I would look in the areas where the land juts out on the east side. I do not want Cameron to be in the lake and be somewhere alive and well.

Police did confirm that those shoes were Cameron's.

In a release issued Wednesday, police confirmed that shoes found near the harbour do belong to Baile and noted that his family has been made aware of the break in the case.
http://www.cp24.com/news/shoes-found-near-oshawa-harbour-belong-to-missing-man-police-say-1.3246885

“Further investigation did confirm to us that they were shoes that belonged to the male,” police spokesman Dave Selby said. “So we took that as an important piece of information and we continue to flood the park with officers and volunteers that have done searches as well.”
http://globalnews.ca/news/3191208/p...missing-oshawa-man-found-near-harbour-police/

Here is the harbour on google maps https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...f14a35aa1740ff!8m2!3d43.8675238!4d-78.8255719

Does anyone know where the exact location of his shoes? or an approximate location?

I wonder who dropped him off the day he went missing. Also if he was involved in any drug related activity/hanging out with sketchy people

Does anyone know where the exact location of his shoes? or an approximate location?

Does anyone know if the shoes were found together or were they separated? Did they appear to be washed up or placed?
Depending on the location they were located at the harbour...there should be security camera footage.
I feel the police must have information that is not being made public and that is why the search is focused on land/parks/marshes instead of the water.
A lot of gossip in the wind and right now it is saying "somebody knows something".....

http://oshawaexpress.ca/police-continue-to-search-for-cameron-bailie/
[h=1]Police continue to search for Cameron Bailie[/h] [h=2]Oshawa man has been missing since Jan. 10[/h] Posted on January 25, 2017
After locating a pair of shoes near the Oshawa Harbour thought to belong to missing 27-year-old Cameron Bailie, Durham police have intensified their search efforts for the missing Oshawa man.

Bailie’s disappearance has ignited a local search effort as relatives, friends and local residents are banding together on social media to coordinate search efforts.

“We would never discourage family or loved ones from lending a hand. The more eyes and ears out there, the better,” Selby says. “As long as they work with us. It’s great to see people volunteering and helping out as long as it works with our efforts.”

I wonder who dropped him off the day he went missing. Also if he was involved in any drug related activity/hanging out with sketchy people

Welcome to Ws Bunny1, good questions!

It could have been a typo.....perhaps she meant to say " just searched fenelon venus park again". I read through the replys and seems to be just that. But who knows

If you read up on 'body resurfacing after drowning' there is an abundance of scientific information. The process of sinking to the bottom then resurfacing differs depending on water temperature. With it being winter and frigid water, the possibility of a body re surfacing can take weeks or even never. The body will decompose under water long before lake warms up again. If Cameron is being held under Lake Ontario....he will not be washed to shore the way we may think. If it was summer and temperatures in the 70 degree range than iit would be more likely.

Good and detailed info on body floating here: http://www.pawsoflife.org/Library/Trailing Water/body_float_info.pdf (bbm)

WATER TEMPERATURE F / DAYS TO SURFACE

40 degrees 14-20 days
50 degrees 10-14 days
60 degrees 7-10 days
70 degrees 3-7 days
80 degrees 1-2 day

Victims that have drowned in 30 -40 degree water will not surface until water warms.

Victims that are 100 feet or deeper may not surface at all due to the combination of pressure and temperature.

VARIABLES THAT AFFECT FLOAT TIME

1. When and What food was last consumed (foods high in carbohydrates: beer, soft drinks, hot dogs, potato chips)
produce gases faster.
2. Medications, drugs, or alcohol.
3. Body composition – skinny, muscular, obese. (fat float quicker).
4. Age, weight, and height of victim.
5. Activity at the time of drowning (hunting, fishing, swimming, skiing).
6. Suicidal drowning – self weighting, stacked clothing.
7. Type and layers of clothing worn including footwear (heavier winter clothing of hip boots).
8. Gases produced in the intestinal tract are: methane, hydrogen sulfide, and carbon dioxide. These gases are soluble in water and compressible.
9. Any visible body wounds – previous or after drowning?
10. Type of water: River, Quarry, Lake, Pond, Freshwater, Saltwater?
11. Bottom temperature – currents, spring fed, stagnate, polluted water presents different problems for determining bacteria in intestinal tract.
12. Pressure exerted holding victim down varies with depth of water.
13. Any debris – stumps, trees, fence, fishing line that could cause entanglement. Water sheds and most State Parks are flooded farm land.
14. Adult men and women on the bottom weigh about 6-15 lbs. negative. Children weigh less and may not sink unless intentionally weighted. Some kids will float face up.
15. Victims who are dead before they enter the water will not sink and float. We had a victim travel 175 miles in
3 days who was thrown in the river from a motorcycle accident.
16. Most adult victims will float face down due to the weight of arms and legs. They float just like you recover a victim from the bottom face down.

IIRC, the pic that was posted on the search page (later deleted out of respect), showed the shoes together up in a tree (possibly tied by the shoestrings).

Does anyone know if the shoes were found together or were they separated? Did they appear to be washed up or placed?
Depending on the location they were located at the harbour...there should be security camera footage.
I feel the police must have information that is not being made public and that is why the search is focused on land/parks/marshes instead of the water.
A lot of gossip in the wind and right now it is saying "somebody knows something".....

IIRC, the pic that was posted on the search page (later deleted out of respect), showed the shoes together up in a tree (possibly tied by the shoestrings).

That's unusual, and makes me wonder whether searchers are also looking UP when searching the parks.

I am new to the page, but have been following this case as it is local. Rumors on the search page is that the shoes were found separately and joined together by someone attempting to be helpful and realizing later they may be connected to the case.

I am new to the page, but have been following this case as it is local. Rumors on the search page is that the shoes were found separately and joined together by someone attempting to be helpful and realizing later they may be connected to the case.

Welcome to Ws MommaMia!
If the rumour turns out to be fact, it makes sense that someone kindly tied the shoes together.

Another young father missing....Cory Lanteigne. Cory disappeared from the City of Kawartha Lakes. Oddly both Cameron and Cory have young sons named Lucien:

Below is a note from Cory's Dad:

Dear Cory,
It has been over 5 weeks and still no good news. You have missed your sons first Chrismas, New Years and it looks like his first steps. These are memories I have of you Cory Lanteigne and memories I cherrish. I know how much you love Lucien and know these are memories you where so looking foward to. Lucien is still very young and there will be so many more memories that as he gets older would love nothing more than to have them with you. If you or anyone that know...s of your whereabouts is reading this please contact me (416-817-9293) or anyone that can confirm that you are ok. I know the day you went missing you where not in the best of health which is making your decision making hard. You have so many family members that love and miss you and want nothing more than to help you in what ever way they can.
Please come home soon Cory Lanteigne I miss you so very much.
Love Dad
PLEASE SHARE PUBLIC

See More

Another young father missing....Cory Lanteigne. Cory disappeared from the City of Kawartha Lakes. Oddly both Cameron and Cory have young sons named Lucien:

Below is a note from Cory's Dad:

Dear Cory,
It has been over 5 weeks and still no good news. You have missed your sons first Chrismas, New Years and it looks like his first steps. These are memories I have of you Cory Lanteigne and memories I cherrish. I know how much you love Lucien and know these are memories you where so looking foward to. Lucien is still very young and there will be so many more memories that as he gets older would love nothing more than to have them with you. If you or anyone that know...s of your whereabouts is reading this please contact me (416-817-9293) or anyone that can confirm that you are ok. I know the day you went missing you where not in the best of health which is making your decision making hard. You have so many family members that love and miss you and want nothing more than to help you in what ever way they can.
Please come home soon Cory Lanteigne I miss you so very much.
Love Dad
PLEASE SHARE PUBLIC

See More
Rsbm, (to remove pic of minor.)
Thanks, started thread for Cory.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?328178-Cory-Lanteigne-34-Kawartha-Lakes-Ontario-8-December-2016&p=13100444#post13100444
Cory Lanteigne, 34, Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, .8 December 2016

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...shawa-man-missing-for-19-days-police-say.html
January 29 2017
No new leads in disappearance of Oshawa man missing for 19 days, police say

Cameron Bailie, 27, was last seen Jan. 10. Durham police say the young father does not have a coat, cellphone or bank card.
Cameron Bailie has been missing for 19 days, and hasn’t been seen or heard from since Jan. 10. He apparently left his home on Oshawa’s Oxford St. in the middle of the day — without his phone, wallet or winter coat — and never returned.

Bailie’s sister Nicole Gerrard, who shares the Oxford St. townhouse with him, said she last saw her brother on the morning of Jan. 10. When she returned home from work that evening, he was not at home and windows and a door were open.

Bailie’s workout gear was in the living room and his laptop was open and playing music, as if he’d just begun his routine, she said
Durham police are asking anyone with information to get in touch with them at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2741, or anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back