Canada - Canadian hockey team fatal bus accident tragedy, 6 April 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The owner of a trucking company involved in a horrific collision that killed 16 people on the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team bus says the tragedy has upended his life and he’s not sure what the future holds for his business.

“It changed my whole life, this incident,” Sukhmander Singh told reporters outside his suburban Calgary home Wednesday...

...Singh said he and the driver, who is also from Calgary, are the only people working for the company and that the two know each other through their circle of friends.

Singh said he had checked the driver’s credentials before hiring him."

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...mpany-involved-in-humboldt-broncos-crash.html

My heart is broken for the Humboldt Broncos family. The pain and sorrow seem unendurable. I am just so sorry. Wearing green at work today, showing my support and sending my love from the Gulf Coast of Alabama, USA.

I also have to say that I have been profoundly moved by the grace and compassion of the Canadian people - so evident now in the aftermath of this horrifying tragedy. You are a beautiful example of what it means to be a community. Godspeed, boys. #HumboldtStrong [emoji172]20180412_125221.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

City of Toronto
City of Toronto
@TorontoComms
The Toronto Sign will shine green and gold today for all those affected by the Humboldt Broncos hockey team tragedy. #JerseysForHumboldt #HumboldtStrong

100B66DB-52DF-472F-8CC8-E27F59C2F0E2.jpg

069BD1FE-264B-4953-8CCA-BEDBF78B1215.jpeg

Do we have information on the injuries of the surviving team members?

Each time I read about Ryan being paralyzed, my heart breaks. It also makes me ask what his teammates are facing in their future.

I thought that I didn’t have any tears left in me, but I was wrong.

Every time I read here or twitter or facebook, there is something else that brings me to tears. Not all sad tears. Some of them are proud tears, patriotic tears, and tears of gratitude and hope.

On a lighter note, there are many more people in this world that will now know how to spell Saskatchewan and may know how to pronounce it... and might even get Humboldt right too :) Last Friday night, I was watching and waiting for more information on twitter about the crash, I happened to come across the sister of Darcy Haugan (the coach that passed), I have followed her and last Saturday she tweeted this:

The world knows how to spell “Humboldt” now.

https://twitter.com/DebbieJayneC

I followed her tweets on Friday night and was heartbreaking when she tweeted " My brother didn’t make it... "

My heart is broken for the Humboldt Broncos family. The pain and sorrow seem unendurable. I am just so sorry. Wearing green at work today, showing my support and sending my love from the Gulf Coast of Alabama, USA.

I also have to say that I have been profoundly moved by the grace and compassion of the Canadian people - so evident now in the aftermath of this horrifying tragedy. You are a beautiful example of what it means to be a community. Godspeed, boys. #HumboldtStrong [emoji172]View attachment 132842

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

I am planning on having a minute of silence to remember the 16 victims at 5pm ET tomorrow, 5pm Saskatchewan time, 10pm U.K time, 2pm PT time. The tragedy happened at approximately 5pm last Friday. You are all welcome to join me.

Thank you :) :loveyou:

I may just light 16 candles as well.

"The owner of a trucking company involved in a horrific collision that killed 16 people on the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team bus says the tragedy has upended his life and he’s not sure what the future holds for his business.

“It changed my whole life, this incident,” Sukhmander Singh told reporters outside his suburban Calgary home Wednesday...

...Singh said he and the driver, who is also from Calgary, are the only people working for the company and that the two know each other through their circle of friends.

Singh said he had checked the driver’s credentials before hiring him."

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...mpany-involved-in-humboldt-broncos-crash.html

BBM above....

BIG DEAL....HE CHECKED the drivers credentials....so what. It doesn't really mean anything to me :moo: :cow: Then he "trained him" for two weeks and sent him out on the road...& who trained Singh?

I want to know the driverS ACTUAL credentials....I want the 411. Every detail.

(ETA --- example: did he teach him to piss in a bottle instead of pulling over to use a restroom??? cuz THAT would be distracted driving no???) :worms:

Adam Herold was known in Saskatchewan as a hockey player, but his dad says he was so much more.

He was a friendly, small-town boy.

He was an "old soul" who liked talking to adults.

He was a gardener and a hunter.

He also would have turned 17 Thursday.

To celebrate, his family and friends in Montmartre, Sask., will take part in one of his favourite activities.

"We still have snow and he loved snowmobiling," his dad, Russell Herold, told The Canadian Press. "He'd want to go snowmobiling.

"We're just going to go for a little ride and have a bonfire with friends."

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/04/12/adam-herold-birthday_a_23409776/

86152E15-9A5B-4182-B0B7-F52EF3D6F815.jpeg

Happy 17th Birthday Adam I am sorry you are spending it in heaven. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

Each time I read about Ryan being paralyzed, my heart breaks. It also makes me ask what his teammates are facing in their future.

I am wondering this too I am keeping an eye out for any information and will post it here.

Two of the players were released from hospital on the weekend, but health officials said Monday that of the 12 people who remain four are listed as critical, four are in serious condition and four are stable.

“It has been a very stressful and emotional last few days,” Mark Dahlgren wrote on social media.

His 21-year-old son, Kaleb, a forward from Saskatoon, was stable.

“Despite the horrific nature of the crash, he is holding his own,” Dahlgren said. “He has lots of pain/swelling and some other injuries to overcome but we know he will prevail.”

Tyler Smith, 19, of Leduc, Alta., is recovering from a broken collarbone and shoulder blade and has some vascular and nerve damage on his left side, his father Curtis Smith wrote in an update on Facebook.

“Tyler had his breathing tube taken out,” he said. “He is able to talk and swallow. Will go for MRI soon to address his other injuries.”

Ryan Straschnitzki, a 19-year-old defenceman from Airdrie, Alta., couldn’t feel his legs after he arrived at hospital after the crash, his mother, Michelle Straschnitski, said last week.

Matthieu Gomercic, 21 and from Winnipeg, told the Winnipeg Free Press that he initially had some bleeding around his brain and chest pains. But he has since been released.

http://www.cjme.com/2018/04/10/e280...in-hospital-after-humboldt-broncos-bus-crash/

this update was posted on the 10th, so before Dayna passed.

cracked 10million!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cracked 10million!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A in support of the Humboldt Broncos is now the largest in Canadian history — and one of the most successful campaigns ever.

The fundraiser on Thursday afternoon surpassed $10 million — a giant leap from the initial target of a few thousand dollars. With more than 100,000 donors in 65 countries, the campaign is among the top-five most successful ever on . Donations have ranged from $5 to $50,000 and come from individuals, families, sports teams and multinational corporations.

A spokeswoman for said a campaign of this scale presents logistical challenges, which said it’s still working through.

“We will ensure the Humboldt Broncos have all the support they need,” Rachel Hollis said in an email.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...mpaign-tops-10-million-biggest-ever-in-canada

BBM above....

BIG DEAL....HE CHECKED the drivers credentials....so what. It doesn't really mean anything to me :moo: :cow: Then he "trained him" for two weeks and sent him out on the road...& who trained Singh?

I want to know the driverS ACTUAL credentials....I want the 411. Every detail.

(ETA --- example: did he teach him to piss in a bottle instead of pulling over to use a restroom??? cuz THAT would be distracted driving no???) :worms:

Tarabull what you described about the bottle happens all the time here in S Ontario. Also, lots of stories about holes being cut in the floor of transports so drivers don’t have to stop for #1 or #2. Yup, they just do their business right through the hole at 100 km per hour (sorry to be so graphic).
i understand your frustration, and share it. But its ok, after all we will know in 4 to 6 months what happened, and if the driver was properly qualified. Everyone seems ok to wait that long for an answer.

Tarabull what you described about the bottle happens all the time here in S Ontario. Also, lots of stories about holes being cut in the floor of transports so drivers don’t have to stop for #1 or #2. Yup, they just do their business right through the hole at 100 km per hour (sorry to be so graphic).
i understand your frustration, and share it. But its ok, after all we will know in 4 to 6 months what happened, and if the driver was properly qualified. Everyone seems ok to wait that long for an answer.

Do they have DOT inspectors/officers who are always out patrolling the roadways who are constantly pulling truck drivers over to make sure they are in compliance with all rules and regulations? Do they have to keep digital logs showing their exact movements including speed/stops and mandatory breaks they must take?

TIA

Do they have DOT inspectors/officers who are always out patrolling the roadways who are constantly pulling truck drivers over to make sure they are in compliance with all rules and regulations? Do they have to keep digital logs showing their exact movements including speed/stops and mandatory breaks they must take?

TIA

There are Transport inspection stations where trucks have to pull over on the mega highways (including Hwy 401 in Ontario, which is apparently the busiest highway in North America), but I'm not sure there are inspections beyond that. There are simply too many miles of roads in Canada to economically justify it. The country is too spread out.

The has raised over $10 million. I love that! Amazing.

But now I'm going to say that wouldn't it be wonderful if random young person "A", killed in an accident, gets any recognition. Their family is hurting just as much. Is there any way we can 'expand' this 'love' to embrace others who have faced adversity?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back