DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RCMP Manitoba
RCMP Manitoba
@rcmpmb
·
10h
Police Service Dog Eddie is #HumboldtStrong. #JerseyDay #JerseysForHumboldt #rcmpmb

960341D9-68A7-445A-B959-69F2CAE7A99A.jpg

Terry Reith
@TerryReithCBC
·
Of all the #HumboldtStrong photos posted today - this is the one that really got me. A child from Uganda showing support for the Canadian hockey players who have been quietly helping so many for so long.

2BE497F8-9554-4266-A094-C93C8D1AFA58.jpg

#HumboldtStrong

He is going to need to go into hiding.

If so it would be more a reflection on Canadians in general than on the individual concerned.

People may be distraught but that's no excuse for a vigilante witch hunt.

A lynch mob, actual or metaphorical, is never the answer.

If so it would be more a reflection on Canadians in general than on the individual concerned.

I cannot even comprehend what the truck driver must be feeling at this time. Hearing he committed suicide at some point in the future would not surprise me. I hope he's surrounded by loving family and friends.

" “At a company with a culture of safety, it’s difficult to imagine someone with that little experience getting behind the wheel of regular tractor, let alone a B-train,” said Steve Laskowski, president of the Canadian Trucking Association."

https://www.thestar.com/calgary/201...umboldt-crash-drivers-lack-of-experience.html

:yeahthat:

Of ALL THE UNEMPLOYED TRUCK DRIVERS, the one Mr. Singh picked to hire was the one without a license to drive a truck.

Instead he took two weeks to train him up himself..........................................

:thinking:

ETA: pretty unlucky call. :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

Of ALL THE UNEMPLOYED TRUCK DRIVERS, the one Mr. Singh picked to hire was the one without a license to drive a truck.

Instead he took two weeks to train him up himself..........................................

:thinking:

ETA: pretty unlucky call. :rolleyes:

ok wait... I read this in that article... “I can train for the straps, secure the load — everything. But the guy has already a licence one year ago.”

So the driver had his truck licence for a year?

But it doesn't change this: “At a company with a culture of safety, it’s difficult to imagine someone with that little experience getting behind the wheel of regular tractor, let alone a B-train,” said Steve Laskowski, president of the Canadian Trucking Association.

I did some looking the other night because I had read some comments on a FB post about the owner of the company and the past in regards to fraudulent licencing, etc. I didn't find anything on the guy, but I did come across this, it's from 2008, http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/content/doctype47/production/licenseddrivinginstructors2008.pdf the owner was a qualified instructor apparently.

Here is some more info about the fraud in Alberta (I believe this was years ago but I couldn't find a date on this article) https://www.trucknews.com/features/calgary-driving-school-charged-with-fraud/

The more I am reading about the fraud that has gone with giving people a licence to drive these trucks, the problems with logs, etc, it's scary. I knew there was a problem, but I guess I never knew how bad it is.

How many people posting here at WS work in a "Shipping & Receiving" department anywhere in Canada???

Those are some of the people we need to hear from.

My father has been driving truck in Canada for as long as I've been alive....

I drove for a living for many years also, so I don't speak without experience.

I would have had contacts with shippers if Target stayed in Canada. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am planning on having a minute of silence to remember the 16 victims at 5pm ET tomorrow, 5pm Saskatchewan time, 10pm U.K time, 2pm PT time. The tragedy happened at approximately 5pm last Friday. You are all welcome to join me.

Bringing this forward.

I agree, but I think he and the driver need to be very careful for awhile. Emotions are high and people are reactionary.

I hear ya, this "tsunami" gives true meaning to someone can always have it worse...

Strong feelings of consideration for all those in the ripple...

Angry because it could have been avoided.

ETA: honest truth, my other half and I aren't even a hockey family, don't watch hockey (ok maybe highlights during playoffs) & have zero kids...but still feeling broken hearted --- ONLY HUMAN.

From google maps one can get a sense of the distances involved around the collision site. My rough guesstimate is that the distance from the edge of the tree line closest to Hwy 35 to the center of the northbound lane in which the bus was travelling is somewhere around 60-75 ft. If one assumes that the truck was travelling at 100 km/hr (purely my guess, and in doing so I am assuming the truck ran the stop sign) the front of the truck would have traveled the distance from the end of the treeline to the center of the northbound lane in about 0.8 of a second. No wonder that by all accounts the bus driver had little/no time to react. Such a tragic set of events.All MOO.

I'm curious why we would want to dox the driver or the companies involved. The police have this information and if there is a case to answer, you can bet the Canadian police will follow through. Right now, I don't think we should be sleuthing these people and until LE or MSM says otherwise, I kind of feel they might be victims too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back