Canada - Canadian hockey team fatal bus accident tragedy, 6 April 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Minutes silence in memorium of the 16 men and woman who died in this terrible tragedy exactly one week ago.

May they Rest In Peace.

:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:

+ :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:

Thank you gregjrichards.
Im going to my grandsons hockey game this evening. I’m on PT.
He’s 10 and they put sticks out on their porch the other night. I anticipate that it will be a bit emotional at the rink. I’m trying to prepare myself.

:wave: eucalyptuz, no one is sleuthing "these" people, we are only reacting to what has been written/reported in MSM....

It's true - LE will follow through - the report will follow ASAP. Until then, we wait...

Together.

:grouphug:

I'm curious why we would want to dox the driver or the companies involved. The police have this information and if there is a case to answer, you can bet the Canadian police will follow through. Right now, I don't think we should be sleuthing these people and until LE or MSM says otherwise, I kind of feel they might be victims too.

If "doxing" means "...search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent..." I have not done that. Not to speak for others, but my posting is based on what I have read in main stream media regarding the trucking company, and on the accident itself. The point of my previous post was simply to illustrate how little time the bus driver (or anyone) would have had to react to a situation like this one, IF in fact the bus was doing 100 km/hr and IF the bus ran the stop sign.

Only Ontario requires truck driver training, but Humboldt crash could change that
April 13, 2018

Snipped...
...While RCMP say they are still investigating the cause of the deadly crash between a tractor-trailer and the Broncos team bus that killed 16 people in Saskatchewan, the owner of the Calgary trucking company involved said the 30-year-old driver obtained his license a year ago and had been on the road for two weeks, after undergoing two weeks of training.

Currently all provinces require commercial drivers to pass written, medical and road tests, with training encouraged but not mandatory. Ontario requires drivers to complete a 103.5-hour course in the classroom and at the wheel with a licensed school.

...“Unfortunately, some trucking companies will make the decision that it’s more important to make money and put an unqualified person behind the wheel,” he said. “The existence of [simply] having a licence and the ability to operate a truck for the trucking industry are two different things.”

...After hearing reports the truck driver received just two weeks of training, Picard said that’s just “not enough.”

“I can tell you that that’s not enough. I mean, based on my experience and my knowledge of what needs to get learned in the 12 weeks, two weeks is just not enough. It’s unfortunate but it is what it is,” said Picard.

Read more: https://globalnews.ca/news/4143655/humboldt-broncos-bus-crash-truck-driving-regulations-canada/

The only florist shop in a grieving Saskatchewan community said it’s receiving orders from around the world to send flowers to anyone and everyone affected by the Humboldt Broncos bus crash.

Ruth Brinkman, who works at Humboldt Florist, said staff have been busy taking orders since word first broke that a transport truck and the junior hockey team’s bus had collided.

Brinkman said calls have been coming in from everywhere, including “lots from the U.S.A. and even from Australia.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4143523/...und-the-globe-after-humboldt-broncos-tragedy/

#HumboldtStrong

The only florist shop in a grieving Saskatchewan community said it’s receiving orders from around the world to send flowers to anyone and everyone affected by the Humboldt Broncos bus crash.

Ruth Brinkman, who works at Humboldt Florist, said staff have been busy taking orders since word first broke that a transport truck and the junior hockey team’s bus had collided.

Brinkman said calls have been coming in from everywhere, including “lots from the U.S.A. and even from Australia.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4143523/...und-the-globe-after-humboldt-broncos-tragedy/

#HumboldtStrong

I wanted to say thank you to all the non Canadian posters on this site. I’m sure I speak for all Canadians here when I say that your best wishes, compassion, and heartfelt condolences are so much appreciated. This accident has hit so close to home for us, but it is very comforting to know that there is so much support for these poor families and the Humboldt and Saskatchewan communities from abroad. In the end, we are all one family. Thank you.

If "doxing" means "...search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent..." I have not done that. Not to speak for others, but my posting is based on what I have read in main stream media regarding the trucking company, and on the accident itself. The point of my previous post was simply to illustrate how little time the bus driver (or anyone) would have had to react to a situation like this one, IF in fact the bus was doing 100 km/hr and IF the bus ran the stop sign.

I think it was directed to my post about the owner. But I wasn't doxing.

dox
däks/Submit
verbinformal
gerund or present participle: doxing

search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.
"hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

I didn't post anything "private or identifying", and it wasn't even bad, it was actually a link to showing that he was at one time a qualified instructor (which is a good thing, isn't it?)

Minutes silence in memorium of the 16 men and woman who died in this terrible tragedy exactly one week ago.

May they Rest In Peace.

Thank you gregjrichards :)

I have lit 16 candles (I even found green and yellow ones), and I am going to honour the 16 by doing something they would do... watch and cheer on my team in the NHL playoffs.

Saskatchewan Health Authority officials say 10 people remain in hospital, and two are still in critical condition, in relation to the Humboldt Broncos bus crash that killed 16 people that occurred one week ago.

In a previous statement, officials said four people were in critical condition; since then, Broncos athletic therapist Dayna Brons succumbed to her injuries. There were no details on the other person who had been in critical condition.

The extent of the injuries have remained private out of respect for those recovering, but some have spoken out about their injuries.

“Thank you everyone for the love and prayers,” Kaleb Dahlgren wrote on Twitter on Thursday. “I appreciate all your support and I am recovering in the hospital.
“I am focusing on the positives in these negative times.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4144424/humboldt-broncos-bus-crash-remain-hospital/

As a crowdfunding campaign for the families of the Humboldt Broncos surges past $11 million, there are concerns that some online retailers may be trying to exploit the tragedy by stamping the team’s official logo on unofficial merchandise with no plans to donate any of the funds.

In the wake of the tragedy, the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League is selling official Humboldt Strong T-shirts through a Regina-based retailer. Every dollar raised goes toward the SJHL Assistance Program, which is raising money to offer mental health assistance and counselling for SJHL players.

But an even wider selection of Humboldt Strong merchandise is available through online retailers. The difference: none of those sales make it clear where the money goes.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/unoff...line-but-do-profits-support-victims-1.3884842

Oh gosh, I was wasn’t finger pointing at anybody re: doxing. Apologies if someone felt singled-out

It just felt that sometimes the thread (general vibe, no particular poster) strayed into a weird zone and we all know here how the internet can work to play judge, jury and executioner in high-profile cases. I just think that until we hear that there is some kind of wrong-doing, the driver/company etc should be off-limits.
There could be all kinds of circumstances ie: brake failure, obscured signage etc that could come into play.
The police released the driver without charge and, for good reason, have not released his details... so I just think that should be respected.

Oh gosh, I was wasn’t finger pointing at anybody re: doxing. Apologies if someone felt singled-out

It just felt that sometimes the thread (general vibe, no particular poster) strayed into a weird zone and we all know here how the internet can work to play judge, jury and executioner in high-profile cases. I just think that until we hear that there is some kind of wrong-doing, the driver/company etc should be off-limits.
There could be all kinds of circumstances ie: brake failure, obscured signage etc that could come into play.
The police released the driver without charge and, for good reason, have not released his details... so I just think that should be respected.

Yep, I get it! The company owner chose to do interviews though, so unfortunately, I think he opened himself up to the scrutiny. I don't mean a witch hunt or vigilante justice, but scrutiny over his practices, ei: training for 2 weeks, allowing an inexperienced driver haul a large load/truck like that, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey
Back