Found Deceased Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;713056821229932545]https://twitter.com/rcmpmb/status/713056821229932545[/video]
RCMP Manitoba ✔ ‎@rcmpmb
#rcmpmb divers now assisting w search for Chase MARTENS as creek runs through area.

Sad to say but the Pine Creek has a fair bit of water in it quite early this year .... I thought it would be less .... I am 20 miles downstream where it is wider and deeper because of all the tributaries that feed into it . Where the Martens family lives it is often shallower .... I dont like the looks of it , sadness only.

J
With car seats you're not supposed to have puffy coats and such on because it makes the straps too loose for safety. With our kiddo, she doesn't wear much and gets in a warmed truck with a blanket over her car seat, so if she were to go play outside afterwards she'd have to get her winter gear on after retuning. For whatever that's worth.

I agree but surely if he was in the yard with Dad while he loaded his truck,before they went to the store,he would have already had a hat ,mittens and jacket on.

Just saw this in the breaking news thread this morning. Have been catching up. Was praying that he would have been found by the time I reached the end of the thread. No such luck. :(

So now I'm praying for a miracle. :please:

That's a really interesting article. Thanks for posting it. I think that outdoor progress walking on softer, obstacle strewn, uneven ground would slow them down a bit though. I wonder how much.

J

I agree but surely if he was in the yard with Dad while he loaded his truck,before they went to the store,he would have already had a hat ,mittens and jacket on.

Not necessarily. Obviously all parents and kids are different but personally if I am going from my house, to the car, to the store & back a coat isn't always necessary - perhaps a light jacket or jumper. However if I am going to be playing outside for a period of time I will wear something different as I'll be out in the elements. JMO.

Not necessarily. Obviously all parents and kids are different but personally if I am going from my house, to the car, to the store & back a coat isn't always necessary - perhaps a light jacket or jumper. However if I am going to be playing outside for a period of time I will wear something different as I'll be out in the elements. JMO.

To add to this,

I grew up on a farm, it was not uncommon to have outdoor clothes for just playing in the yard. I would have a coat that was used when going to the store, but I had a coat for when I was going to be playing out in the yard.

Having lived on a farm, you just didn't wear your good stuff out to play in, you had play clothes, or at least that's what my family did.

Correction to my earlier post about the size of Pine Creek ... if indeed they are on road 72 North it is a wider and deeper creek in that area .... and it is about 13 miles north of Austin , almost midway between Austin and Gladstone on the 34 highway.

I am not sure if I know that particular family .... it is a common last name in the area ... the ones I know are wonderful people with great families and often like to live out in rural areas where it is considered "safe" to raise a family. My heart breaks for them.

Those are good straws to grasp at dotr ... especially the red hat .... it should stick out boldly in the dry brown grass or white snow .... and even if it is a water situation the hat would float unless it had a tight headband and stayed on the child.

If it can absolutely be confirmed the child wore a red hat that is what the searchers should train their eyes for ... look carefully for the tiniest bit of red anywhere ... like I said earlier , inexperienced searchers expect to stumble across a kid sitting there waiting for them but it never happens that way.

Pretend you are searching for something the size of a red dime and then you find stuff and you see things you would never have noticed otherwise.
I was so hopeful, with his clothing description, that this would have been resolved already with safe outcome. Red Hat and light boots give more hope than Little DeOrr's camo outfit, for sure.

OT ..having been on many searches for injured animals, the comparison of looking for a red dime is a good one. I have found other objects that normally would not be noticed ..it's about focus. Praying for answers soon and the water team working now in these frigid temps.

I have seen small children with boots or shoes that light up, but do they only light up when the child is walking or do they stay lit up when the child is still? TIA.

O/t, but have to mention the time i decided last minute to join in for a short drive during freezing cold, snowy winter.
Was already in my comfy pj's and house shoes, but decided to just throw on a light short coat and hop in the warm car.
Well, the car broke down, had to try and help push it, wait for help, only to finally walk the blocks of shame home, freezing, wet and humiliated, in little shoes and silly pajamas. Lesson learned!

I have seen small children with boots or shoes that light up, but do they only light up when the child is walking or do they stay lit up when the child is still? TIA.

The ones my daughter had only lit up when she was walking.

The only kind my children ever had only lit up when they walked.

There are many advantages to using a drone .... one of which is the possibility of using one camera equipped drone and having several people watching on several monitors.

The ultimate is to immediately overfly the area during the first hours of a missing person search .... film the ground with high definition high speed cameras .... it could be done in as little as 30 minutes.

Then you could have hundreds or even thousands of internet volunteers magnify the images and examine every square inch of the ground ... and they could do it all day or all night long

[video=youtube;vOoFB37vg1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOoFB37vg1Q[/video]

Juj
O/t, but have to mention the time i decided last minute to join in for a short drive during freezing cold, snowy winter.
Was already in my comfy pj's and house shoes, but decided to just throw on a light short coat and hop in the warm car.
Well, the car broke down, had to try and help push it, wait for help, only to finally walk the blocks of shame home, freezing, wet and humiliated, in little shoes and silly pajamas. Lesson learned!
Lol!!!I've done the same myself.In University we'd pile in the car in PJ's to go through the drive through at the local donut shop.12 donuts for $1.00 at closing!

There are many advantages to using a drone .... one of which is the possibility of using one camera equipped drone and having several people watching on several monitors.

The ultimate is to immediately overfly the area during the first hours of a missing person search .... film the ground with high definition high speed cameras .... it could be done in as little as 30 minutes.

Then you could have hundreds or even thousands of internet volunteers magnify the images and examine every square inch of the ground ... and they could do it all day or all night long

Kind of like Tomnod do, only faster. Always thought that was a great idea (& Tomnod have had success irc)

ETA link http://www.tomnodmaplocator.com/

Another picture of the creek

Attachments

• chase marten search creek.JPG
    chase marten search creek.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 68

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics