Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
also in the article
Toronto police came across Calvin’s name in Jessop’s cold case file in 2015 following up with an interview, Kenney said.

It wasn’t long after, he said, that Calvin died by suicide.
Perhaps He knew they were closing in on him

I have no doubt about it. He knew it was just a matter of time before new DNA technological advances would end his freedom. He took the cowards way out.

FMI
Morin was tried twice and convicted, but DNA testing eventually reversed the verdict. He was exonerated in 1995 and paid $1.2-million in ...

$1.2 million for 10 years of hell that Morin went through is chump change. I would have awarded him $10 million. However, money cannot buy the decade that he lost trying to clear his name.

Full length picture of CH

20201016_145208.jpg

Who was Calvin Hoover? The man Toronto police say killed 9-year-old Christine Jessop in 1984 - SooToday.com

CH condolences to his deceased wife in 2010:

Your ever loving husband, partner and friend Cal lit a Memorial Candle | March 17, 2010

I love you for being a wonderful wife with so much love to share. I love you for being a special friend who shared such warmth and care. I love you for being the kind of partner that only you could be. I love you for being everything that meant the most to me.

Joanne Hoover Obituary - Welland, ON | ObitTree™

Last edited:

Your ever loving husband, partner and friend Cal lit a Memorial Candle | March 17, 2010

I love you for being a wonderful wife with so much love to share. I love you for being a special friend who shared such warmth and care. I love you for being the kind of partner that only you could be. I love you for being everything that meant the most to me.

Gosh scary how monsters roam the earth among us acting all normal :eek:

I feel as if the wife had to know.

Christines body was found near a trailer, and the occupants had just closed up their trailer up for the season that Thanksgiving. Canada Thanksgiving is usually the second week of October, which is still a couple of days after Christine went missing. It wasn't until December 31st, almost two months later that she was found. The occupants that owned that area had stated they would have 100% seen a body there as it was laid out on a path.
This means that this body would have been stored somewhere for at least a week. Maybe removed from the home due to Thanksgiving?

When they found Christine, her teeth were stained pink which indicated drowning, and she had a lot of suspected superficial cuts and some stab woulds found near her ribs. Im sure as heck that a child being cut and stabbed would have made noise, unless they had another property close by? I don't know what to make of that information, but I'm sure the truth will come out.

I am not sure I cannot ever accept the fact that Christine's tiny body laid where it was found for almost 3 months. I feel she would have been discovered sooner had she been there the whole time. Her bones would have been scattered by animals....she would have been found by a walking neighbour or a roaming dog, or by the owners of the property. I have always believed her body was stored, perhaps even frozen and then dumped at the trailer site sometime later? But why this spot? What was the connection between CH and this place? Did he have help? Many many questions that still remain unanswered.
JMO

I think it's a bit fishy that the mother of the brutally murdered 9 year old victim needs to reflect and think, while her friend - the wife of the suspect, has a nervous breakdown and needs to go to hospital - where she cannot be questioned by police.

If anyone has a reason to fall apart after the announcement of the suspect it is the mother of the child who was murdered by a family friend, not the wife of the family friend.

That's still an open question about the connection between Calvin and Christine's body - what is Calvin and Heather Hoover's connection to the property where Christine was found. It could be connected to his wife.
I wonder if TPS physically sent officers to HH home to deliver the news that her ex murdered CJ, or if it was done by telephone. They did send officers to GPM home and I don't know where he lives. Maybe the officers knocked on her door and told her, then she possibly faked some kind of sudden illness to get away from the officers. Since CH is deceased, she would have no fear of him.

''Your ever loving husband, partner and friend Cal lit a Memorial Candle | March 17, 2010

I love you for being a wonderful wife with so much love to share. I love you for being a special friend who shared such warmth and care. I love you for being the kind of partner that only you could be. I love you for being everything that meant the most to me.''

What could he say in his "condolences" to Christine? imo....speculation.

''Your ever hateful family friend, parent's co-worker and neighbour extinguished your flame, Oct 3 1984.

I hate you for being a wonderful child with so much love to share. I hate you for being the kind of innocent little girl that only you could be.
I hate you for being everything that means the most to me, a trusting child who is small and weak and easily fooled by a lying creep.

RSMB / RBBM
Another Globe and ...
Toronto ON -- Five men were acquitted of prostitution-related charges yesterday after a judge ruled most of the Crown's wiretap evidence inadmissible.
Agostin Ficsor, Calvin Hoover, Joseph Martin, 56, of Highfield Road and his sons, Joseph Jr., 26, and Charles, 22, had been charged with conspiring to procure, control and live off the avails of prostitution and with keeping a common bawdy house at the cinema.

Are we sure this is the Calvin Hoover that murdered Christine?

His father was also named Calvin Hoover who also lived in Toronto at the time.

Calvin Hoover Jr (Christine's murderer) would have been 24 in 1980 at the time of this article, but no age is given for the one referenced in the article. CH Snr would have been mid-50s then--- the same age-range as at least other person arrested as two do not have ages given.

I'm sure that an earlier article stated that Calvin Hoover Jr had only had one prior brush with the law and none related to sexual offences; it's confirmed there was an Impaired Driving charge in 1995 (his mug shot photos are the ones in all the media - glasses on/glasses off - with the horrific trendy-for-the-time mid-90s shirt on).

IMO, I'm thinking the article linked may be about his father. Calvin Hoover Snr.

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for posting, TS had it behind a paywall.

This is very important.

also in the article
Toronto police came across Calvin’s name in Jessop’s cold case file in 2015 following up with an interview, Kenney said.

It wasn’t long after, he said, that Calvin died by suicide.
Perhaps He knew they were closing in on him

Wow. Thanks for posting, TS had it behind a paywall.

This is very important.

Jessop brother says Hoover killed self after police contact

October 16, 2020

"Among Mr. Jessop's assertions is that police interviewed Hoover in 2015, although they deny any such interview."

'It all fits': Christine Jessop’s brother, Kenney, shares theory on how his sister was abducted by Calvin Hoover

October 15, 2020

"Toronto police came across Calvin's name in Jessop's cold case file in 2015 following up with an interview, Kenny said.

It wasn't long after, he said, that Calvin died by suicide. Toronto police has denied an interview took place."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member