Canada - Christine Jessop, 9, Queensville, Ont, 3 Oct 1984 - #2 *killer identified*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it him who cried out, ‘please God, help me’? Christine Jessop’s mother on the questions that come after learning who killed her daughter
October 16, 2020

It’s a burning question that calls out to be answered: Could Christine Jessop’s killer have more victims?
October 17, 2020

"The former head of the Toronto Police cold case unit says investigators didn't find any connections between Hoover's DNA, used to link him to the scene of Christine's death in 1984, and samples in Canada's national DNA databank. ...

"That means if he did commit another crime, he didn't leave any DNA behind."

Gallant noted there was an 11-year gap between the time Christine was killed and when DNA started playing a role in police investigations."
It looks like Calvin Hoover's father lived in Ohio and there is plenty of family in the US. I wonder if US authorities will do a similar search through their cases to see if there is a DNA match? If Calvin had US citizenship, he could easily have been heading across the border to commit crimes.

I also thought this monster, Calvin Hoover looked familiar at first. I think he resembles Ray Romano from the tv show Everybody Loves Raymond. Maybe that’s why he looks familiar.

It looks like Calvin Hoover's father lived in Ohio and there is plenty of family in the US. I wonder if US authorities will do a similar search through their cases to see if there is a DNA match? If Calvin had US citizenship, he could easily have been heading across the border to commit crimes.

This. That hadn't crossed my mind until your post. I wonder, if @othram would be aware whether or not this be entered automatically into the US system for a search?

Hi everyone, I would really like us to create a list of suspicious cases in the areas/time period he lived there. A chart or something with a correlated map so it is in one spot. Can we do this?

I'm happy to produce a detailed map outside of Google maps, but I would prefer to do it based on a verified connection beyond a murder in the region and Hoover. For example, if his address within 50km of the body, and there is a similarity in how the person was murdered, or the body was never found, that seems like a possible connection.

One aspect of the case that is still unknown is how much CH fits the 'typical' profile of a sexual predator. From the point of view of investigators, he had an apparently good marriage and kids: IMO that, in itself, may have ruled him out as a suspect.

John Douglas from the FBI, happened to create a criminal profile of Christine's killer. Like everything else in this case, the profile became part of the whole schmozzle of trying to convict and then exonerate Morin.

But for me, there is also a more general interest in how some of these genetic research convictions may be contradicting some of the long-held beliefs of psychological profilers. For example, both CH and the golden state killer had longterm marriages and children, whereas the profiles are almost always of loners.

I don't have access to John Douglas's book "journey into darkness", where he outlines his profile. The profile is not available on any news sites, only in blogs and so forth that I don't want to quote. Does anyone have that book?

One aspect of the case that is still unknown is how much CH fits the 'typical' profile of a sexual predator. From the point of view of investigators, he had an apparently good marriage and kids: IMO that, in itself, may have ruled him out as a suspect.

John Douglas from the FBI, happened to create a criminal profile of Christine's killer. Like everything else in this case, the profile became part of the whole schmozzle of trying to convict and then exonerate Morin.

But for me, there is also a more general interest in how some of these genetic research convictions may be contradicting some of the long-held beliefs of psychological profilers. For example, both CH and the golden state killer had longterm marriages and children, whereas the profiles are almost always of loners.

I don't have access to John Douglas's book "journey into darkness", where he outlines his profile. The profile is not available on any news sites, only in blogs and so forth that I don't want to quote. Does anyone have that book?

That profile was written for Guy Paul Morin, right down to the detail of being between the ages of 18 and 25. Morin was 24 at the time. I didn't find anything authentic about the FBI profile.

When looking at demographic user groups, even for product marketing, the age group is 18-30. 25 year olds and 30 year olds can be very similar depending on maturity, lifestyle and disposable income. To specify that the suspect would be 25 years old and not 27 is, in my humble opinion, based on the age of the preferred suspect - not based on authentic profiling.

The suspect was 28 years old at the time, so the narrow age range was a big error.

I don't have the book.

That profile was written for Guy Paul Morin, right down to the detail of being between the ages of 18 and 25. Morin was 24 at the time. I didn't find anything authentic about the FBI profile..
It was just a suggestion, if people would prefer to stay mired in all the blame that was slung decades ago, then the topic doesn't have to be discussed.

Curious to see a written copy of the profile for the suspect in Christine Jessop's murder, I found this. I have not yet found a copy of the actual psychological profile.

"The Durham Police obtained FBI profiler John Douglas’ assistance in preparing a profile of the killer of Christine Jessop. Criminal profiling involves the analysis of the details of a crime and clues left behind, in conjunction with an understanding of similar cases, to prepare a psychological profile of the killer. The Commissioner found that the information investigators provided to Douglas may have been contaminated by their pre-conceived views. This highlights the wisdom of not conducting a profile once a suspect has been identified. Though features of the profile did parallel Guy Paul Morin, it could not reasonably be said that it matched or even closely resembled Morin. This caused no introspection on the part of the investigators. Inspector Shephard’s candid comment was that “if [the profile] said a female was responsible, probably we would have looked in the other direction.”

A modified profile was released to the public. Characteristics which corresponded to Morin were released to the press; those which did not were excluded or amended to conform. The Commissioner found that the use of a modified profile was problematic. It was intended to ‘spook’ Morin. However, by tailoring the profile to fit him, the police helped ensure that he could never get a fair trial in that region."​

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov...rings/exhibits/OPC/pdf/60_Kaufman_Summary.pdf

It was just a suggestion, if people would prefer to stay mired in all the blame that was slung decades ago, then the topic doesn't have to be discussed.

Sorry. I didn't mean to give that impression. Many sites mention the profile, but none provide an authentic quote.

I'm genuinely curious to see the actual profile, and how closely it was influenced by investigators. The age range seems like an obvious manipulation to match Morin. I'm curious what else in the profile that was written especially for him.

RSBM. I did manage to find a PDF copy on the way-back machine of what turned out to be DeAngelo's profile. Still working to see if I can find a complete copy of that of Christine's Killer.

Wayback Machine

Interesting that it states this:
Based on his deep rooted hostility towards women, your offender was, in all probability, not married at the time of the crimes.
But then four paragraphs later states this:
There is documentation through the assessment of similar cases and research that this type of offender will attack strangers while having a compliant victim at home.

Maybe I am a klutz and missed these reports about Christine's body when it was found ..... first time I am reading this (ugly) description ....

== her head was cut off
== it was wrapped in her sweater and placed near her body
== knees drawn up and legs splayed
== she had been stabbed repeatedly
== her underwear sliced by a knife

WOW ... I think this is pure evil ... not just some random assault .... got to be a lot more to this Calvin Hoover than we know so far. The word Monster comes to mind

Who murdered Christine Jessop? With Guy Paul Morin cleared, police tackle a fresh probe

Maybe I am a klutz and missed these reports about Christine's body when it was found ..... first time I am reading this (ugly) description ....

== her head was cut off

WOW ... I think this is pure evil ... not just some random assault .... got to be a lot more to this Calvin Hoover than we know so far. The word Monster comes to mind

Who murdered Christine Jessop? With Guy Paul Morin cleared, police tackle a fresh probe

It's hard to believe that there are no other victims before and after the murder of Christine.

== her head was cut off

<modsnip>

One question I have for Hoover's wife is whether he was jealous of her work relationship with Christine's father - whether Calvin thought there was something more between his wife and Christine's father.

"It can’t be fixed now but the Jessops are pleased Chief James Ramer and Supt. Peter Code are pursing leads pertaining to the once-overlooked Hoover. Where was he prior to taking his own life in 2015, which Ken Jessop was told came after police checked in on him as a matter of routine?

A lot of those questions can start with his widow, Heather Hoover, who now lives in Eastern Canada. They may have to wait a bit.

“When police told her about this (on Thursday) she had a nervous breakdown and had to be taken to hospital,” said Ken. “I feel for her and their two kids. It must be difficult.”​

WARMINGTON: Don't forget slain Christine Jessop is the story | Toronto Sun

Last edited by a moderator:

== her head was cut off

The description above seems so brutal! I wonder if this was some kind of revenge murder by CH towards Christine’s father. There were reports that CH did some electrical type (?) work with her father. Maybe CH felt he was owed money, or something else took place related to their working together, and when the father was in jail, CH saw his opportunity for revenge. Very sick person!

The description above seems so brutal! I wonder if this was some kind of revenge murder by CH towards Christine’s father. There were reports that CH did some electrical type (?) work with her father. Maybe CH felt he was owed money, or something else took place related to their working together, and when the father was in jail, CH saw his opportunity for revenge. Very sick person!

That's exactly why I'm wondering whether Calvin Hoover suspected that his wife Heather, who worked with Christine's father, was having an affair with Christine's father. The violence of this murder against such a small child suggests that something else was going on. I'm wondering whether this is why Heather had a nervous breakdown upon learning that her deceased husband (was he the ex-husband in 2015?) raped, mutilated, humiliated and cut off the head of her co-workers 9 year old child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli