Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The role of universities, to some degree, is to guide students to examine different aspects of a concept and to arrive at an informed decision. It sounds like one prof with significant authority is guiding students to doubt the notion of "vaccine" for covid, and by extension to doubt the wisdom of receiving the covid shot.

I've wondered whether vaccine is the correct word for the shots we get, particularly since we spent the majority of our lives believing that vaccine meant we would not contract the illness and could not spread it. Today's use of the term vaccine seems to have an entirely different meaning that it had 3 years ago.

As soon as universities take on the role of indoctrinating, or dictating, beliefs (as opposed to facts), the entire institution loses credibility.

I haven't had any more than normal substitutions in my grocery orders. Last order they only substituted one thing and they also didn't have the bread I wanted.

Same here. I placed an order this morning, everything was in stock, no substitutions. Government claims are that this protest is not disrupting the supply chain. So far, I agree.

The biggest supply chain issue this week has been the delivery of beef to Montana and states south. Those trucks were stuck in the border crossing blockade for 4 days.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...t-of-ottawa-disruption-at-saturday-truck-prot
Feb 3 2022
''Toronto police issued a statement Wednesday saying the force was “aware” of and preparing for a demonstration planned Saturday in the city’s downtown core, Flyers circulating online call for supporters of the “Convoy for Freedom” to meet in designated spots throughout the GTA then head towards Queen’s Park for a midday protest.
“The service will have a policing operation in place to ensure public safety and keep emergency access routes to hospitals clear,” Toronto police said.''

''Police in Ottawa have faced growing criticism of their handling of the truckers’ protest, now entering its seventh day; a convoy of semis and demonstrators that have clogged downtown streets and closed businesses, and led to complaints of harassment, all-night horn honking and racist symbols being flaunted by some attendees.''

[ This is a really, really difficult situation for the police. Question: Given that one of the greatest stresses for residents and their pets in Ottawa is the constant honking of horns, would it be legal for the police and a team of mechanics to go truck by truck and disable the horns? I mean, the truckers ARE disturbing the peace, right? Also, are the police legally able to search each vehicle for guns without just cause? I know one man was arrested for possession of weapons.

I'm trying to think out of the box here.

Personally, I'd be fine with the army going in, but I know that's just an emotional response and doesn't make much sense.

I'm curious how much money the truckers expect to each receive from the $6-8 million in donations for each day they remain in Ottawa. I'd like to see more information about the money, and how it distributed to anti-vaxxers at this protest.

IIRC the money has been frozen. So they’re not getting it at the moment.

IIRC the money has been frozen. So they’re not getting it at the moment.

G******* is reviewing the account to be sure it meets their terms. The CEO is under incredible pressure from Canadian authorities and others so they have to make sure they dot all the i's and cross all the t's, also there are national tax laws, etc. that they have to be sure to follow, since donors are contributing from all over the world. They have released $1 million so far to the truckers, so hopefully that will help the truckers organization to hire lawyers to help with the process, and give G******* all the information they need to complete their review. The account is on pause for now, but hopefully this will be resolved satisfactorily soon.

[ This is a really, really difficult situation for the police. Question: Given that one of the greatest stresses for residents and their pets in Ottawa is the constant honking of horns, would it be legal for the police and a team of mechanics to go truck by truck and disable the horns? I mean, the truckers ARE disturbing the peace, right? Also, are the police legally able to search each vehicle for guns without just cause? I know one man was arrested for possession of weapons.

I'm trying to think out of the box here.

Personally, I'd be fine with the army going in, but I know that's just an emotional response and doesn't make much sense.

Just my opinion, it’s not illegal for a truck to be equipped with a horn so I doubt if police could disable them. However many cities do have noise bylaws. The laws in Canada for police to legally search are quite stringent, not only is a search warrant required but there must be probable cause in the application to a judge to grant one as well. In the past drivers of vehicles transporting large quantities of drugs have had all charges dismissed over illegal searches occurring.

I don’t think threats or petty ticketing is going to deter this movement, parking tickets included. I’m sort of shocked that politicians are not willing to talk. Maybe I’m naive but that doesn’t seem to be an unreasonable expectation to me. There’s a multitude of ways to ensure safety for all parties. Didn’t we all see Trudeau kneeling at BLM protests, even when COVID was raging? It’s most important that this ends peacefully and worst case scenario is when everyone digs in their heels. JMO

Press conference held this afternoon by #FreedomConvoy2022. Well done, IMO!

Well done in what sense? The truckers had a vaccine exemption for a long time, now they are mandated by the USA and Canada to get a vaccine, to quarantine, or to drive national routes until the pandemic ends.

What I see are truckers whining about losing their special privilege and who are determined to make life miserable for everyone until that special privilege is re-instated. They are demanding that the Canadian government be overthrown, and that the Prime Minister interfere with Provincial Government decisions regarding covid restrictions. Does anyone believe that Canadians want more federal interference at the provincial lever? Truckers are demanding this interference.

Trucker selfishness is punishing so many people who will experience food shortages lasting a few weeks and food price increases that are unlikely to be reduced. Food prices are never reduced. Not well done at all.

"The Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters organization estimates that approximately $44 million in trade goes both directions across the Coutts border every day.

MacLean says [Alberta] consumers can expect to see sparse grocery store shelves and price increases as fallout."​

Coutts, Alta., border blockade estimated loss of $220M economic activity: industry experts

G******* is reviewing the account to be sure it meets their terms. The CEO is under incredible pressure from Canadian authorities and others so they have to make sure they dot all the i's and cross all the t's, also there are national tax laws, etc. that they have to be sure to follow, since donors are contributing from all over the world. They have released $1 million so far to the truckers, so hopefully that will help the truckers organization to hire lawyers to help with the process, and give G******* all the information they need to complete their review. The account is on pause for now, but hopefully this will be resolved satisfactorily soon.

It is a violation of Canadian law for foreigners to support a political uprising that attacks the federal government. All donations and distributions of the funds have been frozen until it is determined who is funding this occupation of the Canadian capital. No lawyer can change that law. It will never be legal for foreigners to pay locals and foreigners to interfere with Canadian governance and rights.

upload_2022-2-3_21-29-15.jpeg

Hand over heart while singing Oh Canada???

IMO this dude is an American as Canadians do not cover their hearts while singing the anthem.

Looks like they forgot to tell him that part.

FWIW, I have no problem with foreign truckers joining a truckers protest but it was supposed to be of limited duration, or so I thought.

It’s now heading to TO, oh joy!

Just my opinion, it’s not illegal for a truck to be equipped with a horn so I doubt if police could disable them. However many cities do have noise bylaws. The laws in Canada for police to legally search are quite stringent, not only is a search warrant required but there must be probable cause in the application to a judge to grant one as well. In the past drivers of vehicles transporting large quantities of drugs have had all charges dismissed over illegal searches occurring.

I don’t think threats or petty ticketing is going to deter this movement, parking tickets included. I’m sort of shocked that politicians are not willing to talk. Maybe I’m naive but that doesn’t seem to be an unreasonable expectation to me. There’s a multitude of ways to ensure safety for all parties. Didn’t we all see Trudeau kneeling at BLM protests, even when COVID was raging? It’s most important that this ends peacefully and worst case scenario is when everyone digs in their heels. JMO

These are not nice people who want to negotiate a resolution. These are people carrying nazi and confederate flags who are attacking the democratically elected Prime Minister of Canada. They loudly claim that they believe he is "hiding" rather than isolating with his child while they recover from covid. They are not people who can accept facts and resolve problems.

They are angry people who are demanding that Trudeau remove the vaccine mandate for truckers. If Trudeau does that, what are they going to do next? Demand that Trudeau remove the USA vaccine mandate for truckers?

They are harassing the people of Ottawa and completely disrespecting the rights of all Canadians simply because their vaccine exemption was removed by the USA and Canada.

“We have no ability to manage these costs,” she said during a dire update Wednesday.

Aside from the monetary hit, Ottawa Police Service Board Chair, Diane Deans, said residents are enduring a “living hell” that has degraded the quality of life in the nation’s capital.

Deans said residents have complained of “verbal abuse, sexual harassment, racism and bigotry, public urination and defecation, property damage, and even fires in our residential neighbourhoods” since the protests against vaccine mandates began last Saturday.

“We have seen so many unlawful acts, from the constant blaring of horns, to the outright harassment of people simply going about their daily lives. This is not peaceful and many of residents are not feeling safe.”
CityNews

The protesters urinated on the tomb of the unknown soldier. Perhaps they think they're offending the government with such disgusting behaviour in the name of anti-vax.

That is so offensive to all Canadians. That tomb represents every Canadian soldier killed in action.

View attachment 332517

Hand over heart while singing Oh Canada???

IMO this dude is an American as Canadians do not cover their hearts while singing the anthem.

Looks like they forgot to tell him that part.

FWIW, I have no problem with foreign truckers joining a truckers protest but it was supposed to be of limited duration, or so I thought.

It’s now heading to TO, oh joy!

I noticed that as well! Several protesters put their hand on their heart for the national anthem. Canadians do not do that.

The big question is why foreigners are hiding amongst trucker protesters to overthrow the Canadian government and demand that the federal government interfere with provincial government vaccine mandates. Canadians should know that provinces implement and remove provincial mandates, but apparently these trucker protesters do not know this.

The downtown hospitals are concerned about access issues this coming weekend for both staff and patients.

If these clowns are too obnoxious and prevent health access, there should be an injunction to keep them a fair distance from the hospitals.

Bet John Tory has not thought of that…..Doug Ford said of the truckers ‘God bless em’ when asked about a TO protest.

I think he didn’t want to make the situation any worse but it’s not his problem, it falls to our useless Mayor Tory.

Its going to be super cold, think I’ll stream a movie for us to watch and drink hot chocolate!

I suppose it's just a matter of time until the trucks prevent access to emergency vehicles and it results in a death.

Just read that the RCMP are coming into Ottawa for backup.

This is going to get quite ugly IMO.

Otto, I think the food shortages are going to last more than a few weeks. We’ve had shortages for a couple of months already.

Toronto Police have suggested that medical personnel wear street clothing so as to not be identifiable coming and going from work.

I imagine some weekend staff will have to sleep at the hospital so there is enough emergency coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo