GUILTY Canada - David LeBlanc & Wayne Cunningham for kidnap, trafficking of 16yo, NS, 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just released (I think):

Ontario Provincial Police have located the second vehicle believed to have beeen driven by a suspect accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old boy and chaining him up in a home on Nova Scotia's South Shore.

It is believed the car belongs to Wayne Cunningham, 31.

The grey 2003 Hyundai Elantra was found abandoned on a logging road in Longlac, Ont., not far from where 47-year-old David James Leblanc, another suspect in the case, was found disoriented and barefoot earlier this week .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/10/03/ns-cunningham-chained-car-found.html

Maybe LeBlanc did Cunningham in - wonder if they have had the dogs out to track Cunningham's scent?

Maybe LeBlanc did Cunningham in - wonder if they have had the dogs out to track Cunningham's scent?

You know in a horrible kind of way it would have made sense for LeBlanc to get rid of Cunningham somehow. Everybody was looking for the two together, so...

My gosh, Cunningham still hasn't been caught?

Yeah, wonder what's up with that and where he's getting funds from. I doubt DL had any money, considering he borrowed $20 from a relative sometime prior to the victims' escape. Maybe one or both were receiving social assistance, as usually the cheques come in near the end of the month.

I hope they didn't pick up victims as they went on the lam, particulary thinking about this young lad who is missing from Burtts Corner, NB since Oct 1:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-nouvelles/releases-communiques/12-10-03-124707-eng.htm

DL and WC would have had to go through NB on their way out of Nova Scotia.

Am thinking along those lines too elepher. DL is the one who hooked up with WC when WC was a teen, and DL has the rep as the fraud in relation to his painting biz, so am wondering if his barefoot, scratched, disoriented representation was a ruse ... but how would he have gotten into such a remote area without the car being found somewhere nearby?

DJ was supposedly(?) gone the week prior to the victim's escape, and the victim recalls "Kenny" being involved. IF DL was gone, he obviously came back home in order to go on the run with WC. Did DL discover what went on with the victim, WC and Kenny and feel betrayed in his long-term relationship with WC? From various things we've seen, WC appears to have played the field somewhat (i.e. "my boo")

Until WC is in custody, we have to keep those options open in our thinking.

Am thinking along those lines too elepher. DL is the one who hooked up with WC when WC was a teen, and DL has the rep as the fraud in relation to his painting biz, so am wondering if his barefoot, scratched, disoriented representation was a ruse ... but how would he have gotten into such a remote area without the car being found somewhere nearby?

Hey SB,

See above - they found the car - just released on the news.

eleph

Thanks eleph ... i suspect they're gonna find a body. No way WC left DL AND the car and walked out of there.

Ok is it logging road (makes sense) or highway? I hope the media releases a map. I was thinking Cunningham dumped Leblanc in the bush and took off but now, Leblanc could have offed him. I would expect hitch hiking to be pretty common though in that part of Ontario. Where is he???

I find the fact that Leblanc was walking around barefoot and disoriented more than ironic when I think about how the boy escaped his captors. It's almost like the tables were turned. I wonder if the car broke down or it had to be ditched because of the APB on the make and licence plate info?

Police found the vehicle, a grey 2003 Hyundai Elantra, on an isolated logging road in northwest Ontario near Greenstone, around 250 kilometres northeast of Thunder Bay.
Officers say it was used by Wayne Alan Cunningham, a suspect who is still missing.
The RCMP had previously believed Cunningham to be heading for Calgary, but now say they are unsure of his whereabouts or whether he is travelling on foot or by car.
They say the 31-year-old Cunningham is 5’3” tall, weighs around 120 pounds and has brown hair. They say he has been known to dress as a female.

Holy moley, this guy is SOOOO tiny. He could look like a kid. There is a photo of him at the link with long hair.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police...n-n-s-confinement-case-1.982035#ixzz28Gvp7hNb

Ok is it logging road (makes sense) or highway? I hope the media releases a map. I was thinking Cunningham dumped Leblanc in the bush and took off but now, Leblanc could have offed him. I would expect hitch hiking to be pretty common though in that part of Ontario. Where is he???

CP24 says "logging road"

http://www.cp24.com/ontario-police-...-wanted-in-boy-s-alleged-confinement-1.982066

So, logging road 19 kms from the highway. From my trips back and forth between Ontario and BC, i recall that general area of northern Ontario is super remote, let alone 19 kms out on a logging road ... can we say "end of the earth"

Here's the photo:

Wayne-Cunningham.jpg

http://www.globalnews.ca/ont+police...in+ns+chained+teen+case/6442722415/story.html

Sgt. Tom Hunt, of the Greenstone detachement of the OPP, said Leblanc was picked up on an "isolated bush road" on Sunday at about 6:00 p.m.

"Members of the Greenstone OPP and the Anishnabek Police Service received a report of a suspisious male on the Lukinto Lake Road [in Longlac]," Hunt said in a telephone interview to Global News.

"I think one of the officers recognized him from the releases that were sent out," he said

Read it on Global News: Ont. police locate car believed to be driven by suspect in N.S. chained teen case

http://www.globalnews.ca/ont+police...in+ns+chained+teen+case/6442722415/story.html

elepher50 , it's a hassle to cross the border into the States at the best of times. It's much worse for anyone with a criminal record, especially if they don't declare it and they get caught. I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted to risk it. Especially with DL having child sexual abuse charges against him, he would already have been flagged.

Matou, sometimes logging roads are also highways, especially the more remote things get! I lived over half my life in Northern/remote regions :) .

It's possible WC may have been done away with out in the bush but I'm also wondering if it's possible that some kind of meeting may have been arranged out that way. Either with an acquaintance or a john and that WC and the other party decided to get rid of DL and move on. That DL had no shoes is very telling. Someone wanted to make sure it was very difficult for him to get out of the bush. If the blackberry could use an independant wifi connection then WC wouldn't have needed to use his phone providers service (which would be traceable) to set up a meeting. All he would need is a few minutes at a Timmy's or McD's to check adds and emails... Being so small and able to change his appearance he could be almost anywhere now. Thinking on it further, they could have had a laptop or netbook if not using a phone. I mentioned Tim Hortons and McD's as I think they're pretty consistent nationwide in providing free wifi, Starbucks has it as well.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-.../ns-cunningham-chained-car-found.html?cmp=rss

"The grey 2003 Hyundai Elantra was found abandoned on a logging road in Longlac, Ont., about five kilometres from where 47-year-old David James Leblanc, another suspect in the case, was found disoriented and barefoot earlier this week ...

"What we have determined is not only is it the vehicle in question that was located, but all we all know is that it was unoccupied. There is a ground search that is continuing as we speak," said OPP Sgt. Anne McCoy.
<bbm>

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/traveller/map/images/pdf/northont/sheets/Map14.pdf

long Lac is off the main TransCanada .. Very remote place... Looks like he is heading towrads Geraldton,,

The good news is that he cant get out of that route that he took.. LE can set up road blocks at each end of the hwy 11 ... There is no way out.. Unless they missed him and he took off way before they found the car!

He traveling Hwy 11.. Which wil meet up in Nipigan..with the 17 (TransCanada)

He traveling Hwy 11.. Which wil meet up in Nipigan..with the 17 (TransCanada)

Yes, and he could have headed either west at Nipigon enroute to Calgary ... OR southeast on #17 right back into north Central Ontario.

IF he ditched DL, and IF he's alive, he had to have acquired a ride or a vehicle somehow. That's real wilderness up there, and there aren't vehicles hanging around to steal (you drive for miles and miles between tiny hamlets seeing nothing but bush and the odd moose). He had to have walked out that logging road and the only way he was getting anywhere was to thumb a ride. Could have been picked up by some unsuspecting traveller, and beyond that ... who knows.

At this point, i think dude is dead and DL's full of it. Might change my mind on that if they catch him ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow
Back