GUILTY Canada - David LeBlanc & Wayne Cunningham for kidnap, trafficking of 16yo, NS, 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you SB. There isn't much of anything where near Longlac and the nearest town they drove past was Hearst, I think. That was pretty far from Longlac. Why would Leblanc be barefoot unless he was walking and his feet were severely blistered. The scratches on his face could be from walking in the bush or maybe WC fighting him off? JMO

Yes, and he could have headed either west at Nipigon enroute to Calgary ... OR southeast on #17 right back into north Central Ontario.

IF he ditched DL, and IF he's alive, he had to have acquired a ride or a vehicle somehow. That's real wilderness up there, and there aren't vehicles hanging around to steal (you drive for miles and miles between tiny hamlets seeing nothing but bush and the odd moose). He had to have walked out that logging road and the only way he was getting anywhere was to thumb a ride. Could have been picked up by some unsuspecting traveller, and beyond that ... who knows.

At this point, i think dude is dead and DL's full of it. Might change my mind on that if they catch him ;)

I really think LeBlanc had enough of him and did him in somewhere along the way. LeBlanc all scratched up and all may be indicative of a fight with Cunningham along the way somewhere. Cunningham may be anywhere along the route I think. I don't see how Cunningham could make it out of the logging road and LeBlanc not.

Very confusing.

Sources say LeBlanc is in hospital being treated for frostbite to his feet. He was barefoot and in distress when police picked him up on a logging road near Long Lac Sunday evening.

“Yes, there is a patient in hospital under police protection and for public safety. The public should not be alarmed as every-thing is under control,” said hospital CEO Kurt Pristanski.

He would not confirm Le-Blanc’s name or medical condition, citing patient confidentiality, but LeBlanc’s mother confirmed her son had been hospitalized with frostbite.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/143172-ontario-police-find-cunninghams-car

Cunningham is diabetic:

There is now some question as to Cunningham’s physical state if he remains on the lam. He is a diabetic who requires insulin by needle twice a day.

The weather in the Geraldton area is expected to get down to the single digits over the coming days. LeBlanc’s mother, Violet LeBlanc, said while she’s relieved her son has been arrested, she hopes it won’t be long before Cunningham is in custody as well.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/143172-ontario-police-find-cunninghams-car

Looks like they might have run out of gas and either had a fight or Cunningham collapsed because he had no insulin, I won't be surprised if they find him dead just not sure whether it's because of his diabetes or because LeBlanc offed him. I also wondered though if they went their separate ways long before the car died. He really could be anywhere!! Thing is, how do they know he even left Nova Scotia?

I really think LeBlanc had enough of him and did him in somewhere along the way. LeBlanc all scratched up and all may be indicative of a fight with Cunningham along the way somewhere. Cunningham may be anywhere along the route I think. I don't see how Cunningham could make it out of the logging road and LeBlanc not.

Very confusing.

The only way LeBlanc might be alive is if he hitched a ride with a Truck driver.. My guess would be Husky...

http://local.canadaspace.com/listings/ontario/longlac/truck_stops/

They found LeBlanc Sunday evening. Cunningham, if alive could be far gone..

Looks like they might have run out of gas and either had a fight or Cunningham collapsed because he had no insulin, I won't be surprised if they find him dead just not sure whether it's because of his diabetes or because LeBlanc offed him. I also wondered though if they went their separate ways long before the car died. He really could be anywhere!! Thing is, how do they know he even left Nova Scotia?

I think they were together but like you, I don't think LeBlanc offed him. If he's dead it's because of his medical condition.

Karma is a B.

I think he's still in Northern Ontario unless there is someone else helping him. He could've dumped LeBlanc and the car to meet up with a third party.

I think he's still in Northern Ontario unless there is someone else helping him. He could've dumped LeBlanc and the car to meet up with a third party.

Yes, he might have met up with a new main squeeze and be holed up somewhere.

Who would meet someone in this area? For perspective, this is the main road to Greenstone, off the TransCanada highway.

http://goo.gl/maps/xgaV1

The drive from Toronto to Greenstone, is approximately the same as the drive from Toronto to Atlanta, the only difference is that going to Greenstone, you still haven't left the province of Ontario!

This is clearly a very remote area. Life is tough up here. (So I've heard and assume.) I find it difficult to believe that Cunningham met up with someone else, unless he "hooked up" with someone via Craigslist, or similar. The problem with this latter scenario is that it would have been a very long way since the last Wi-fi spot!

Arguably, the last major town (and I'm using the term "major" very loosely), driving west, before Greenstone is Kapuskasing, with a population of approximately 8,500, a 400 km drive (5 to 6 hours). I have to discount Hearst, with a population of about 5,000, which is "only" 300 km away (or 4-4 1/2 hours drive). I'm guessing that Hearst doesn't have wi-fi locations, although I may be wrong!

For those of us in "the south" we have difficulty imagining how remote this area is. (at least I do, although I must say that I did drive through Hearst many years ago. There wasn't much there. I most certainly never made it to Greenstone.)

I think there is a reason why they believe he was/is headed for Calgary.

IIRC, the first we heard of Calgary was AFTER DL was apprehended, so presumably that info was gleaned from him .. how much we can rely on his word at this point is debatable (whether he's lying or whether WC lied to him).

JMO

Who would meet someone in this area? For perspective, this is the main road to Greenstone, off the TransCanada highway.

http://goo.gl/maps/xgaV1

The drive from Toronto to Greenstone, is approximately the same as the drive from Toronto to Atlanta, the only difference is that going to Greenstone, you still haven't left the province of Ontario!

This is clearly a very remote area. Life is tough up here. (So I've heard and assume.) I find it difficult to believe that Cunningham met up with someone else, unless he "hooked up" with someone via Craigslist, or similar. The problem with this latter scenario is that it would have been a very long way since the last Wi-fi spot!
Arguably, the last major town (and I'm using the term "major" very loosely), driving west, before Greenstone is Kapuskasing, with a population of approximately 8,500, a 400 km drive (5 to 6 hours). I have to discount Hearst, with a population of about 5,000, which is "only" 300 km away (or 4-4 1/2 hours drive). I'm guessing that Hearst doesn't have wi-fi locations, although I may be wrong!

For those of us in "the south" we have difficulty imagining how remote this area is. (at least I do, although I must say that I did drive through Hearst many years ago. There wasn't much there. I most certainly never made it to Greenstone.)

Yeah, Hwy 11 is about a 12 hour drive. To get out of Ontario they were looking at another 8 hours or so..

I wonder if they made a wrong turn?? What the heck out they take that route for..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow
Back