CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
also now, 2 years later, has anyone (Law Enforcement?) checked whether that cellular phone she purchased has been activated? Maybe it didn't the first while, but perhaps when she 'arrived at her destination' she might have activated it perhaps months later?

Hi Shelley, thank you and glad you got my message, no worry to reply. I'm just glad your PI and police are aware JH was in Victoria on Nov 27th.

I'm wondering if JH was also around the Juan de Fuca Centre, since he liked to visit Sooke River. JDFCentre is on hwy 1A and if you follow 1A it connects right into Hwy14, that leads to Sooke River.

Take care and thanks so much for clarifying details. We'll try our best to come up with new scenarios that may provide any new answers.

These pics of JH you speak of are a fresh direction, and definitely the kind of material that "breaks" cases like this. Is the secluded area shown in the pics near where the credit card was located? That would be interesting to know. Again my own opinions stated in all posts.

Yeah, he some some peculiar coincidences….on his FB page there's a cell-phone style photo with FB date of Nov 27th with not so good resolution of the ocean and possibly the Olympic Mountain (I thought Mt. Baker, but pretty sure it's Olympic Mountain range) and looks like around Dallas Rd, which is along the ocean close to downtown and the shelter.
The next photo, with a FB date of Nov 27th is a high-res, well lit/well taken photo of him kayaking on the ocean, this photo looks like it was taken with a good, expensive camera and the lighting is set right. I wonder who took this photo of him? I wonder if the photos were taken those days or uploaded those days? I wonder if Emma's camera was in her van or not?

Or I just might be overly suspicious, but again, what are the odds? Seems weird...
@lynck
This is the post of the "pics" in question. I believe Facebook of JH is where the pics referred to are found.

@lynck
This is the post of the "pics" in question. I believe Facebook of JH is where the pics referred to are found.

The fuzzy kayaking picture definitely looks like sooke harbour to me and it appears to have been taken by a photographer, considering the watermark.**EDIT** ok the trial island one might be the one you are talking about, good question about the photographer. No idea. Could be an iphone pic but someone might need to check if FB removed the JPG headers (I think it does by default)

The other 'secluded area' pictures from late 2014 are Sooke Potholes Provincial park. I know those areas well. Hiked there a lot. People hike those specific areas all the time throughout the year.

The person isn't a POI though so I believe sleuthing might not be allowed, but the person may have been a POI in the past so it might be allowed? Mod clarification would be nice. If the former, please go ahead and delete this post and accept my apologies

They said her van was towed from sooke to victoria - I would really like to know where it was located in Sooke? (I don't recall seeing it but I have a horrible memory for off the beaten path vehicles parked in strange places)

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I don't remember seeing it answered and it could be an important clue to activities prior to her disappearance.

also now, 2 years later, has anyone (Law Enforcement?) checked whether that cellular phone she purchased has been activated? Maybe it didn't the first while, but perhaps when she 'arrived at her destination' she might have activated it perhaps months later?

Very good question! I'm curious as well. Also curious if there's an activation time limit (must activate within a month kinda thing).

re airport trip.....just an ''off'' thought but perhaps she wanted to see someone get on a plane and really leave her alone once and for all....MOO

She was unaware of her mom coming, so she either went to the airport/Harbour Air to possibly by a ticket for herself or yeah, maybe it was to see off a visiting acquaintance...that could be a definite possibility. LE must know what day/flight JH went home, I wonder when??

Given all the pressure Shelley I think you have the best excuse out of any of us. I sincerely hope for the best in this situation, and with all of the evidence and facts laid out in front of me so far, I would have to agree that searching for her and spreading hope is the best you can do. I can't imagine the anguish, and we will all try our hardest to help provide you with anything helpful.

I know I've looked at tonnes of pictures of this girl and considering I live in the area, I will definitely keep a keen eye out. I can only hope the rest of the city has a good enough idea of what she looks like to do the same.

Praying for your cause and hope she is found safe and sound, and gets any help she needs (if she needs it).

I've been tossing the idea around in my head that perhaps she walked the galloping goose, and perhaps dropped that prepaid card (by accident or left as a breadcrumb?) - There isn't anywhere past that area (after having seen the clip from 5th Estate) that I could surmise would be a good 'camping area'. The trail is very long and passes through a lot of urban areas. I haven't rode past langford before, but I do know that trail ends up way out in Leechtown, and actually crosses Sooke River Road on the way there.

Could she have decided to walk to Sooke in a cool November evening? Is she that type? She seems to have dressed warm that day from the videos? Is she known to hitchhike? Possible she hitchhiked to Port Renfrew if she actually did travel on foot or bus that night on purpose?

You got me wanting to check walking times. According to google - walking from downtown Victoria to Sooke *should* take 7.5 hours.

If she went out that way, would she really abandon all her van belongings and go with only what's on her back? Hard to say...but possible....

It could be possible that buying the cell phone and not activating it might just be to carry it for 911 purposes only. Just thought of this

The fuzzy kayaking picture definitely looks like sooke harbour to me and it appears to have been taken by a photographer, considering the watermark.**EDIT** ok the trial island one might be the one you are talking about, good question about the photographer. No idea. Could be an iphone pic but someone might need to check if FB removed the JPG headers (I think it does by default)

The other 'secluded area' pictures from late 2014 are Sooke Potholes Provincial park. I know those areas well. Hiked there a lot. People hike those specific areas all the time throughout the year.

The person isn't a POI though so I believe sleuthing might not be allowed, but the person may have been a POI in the past so it might be allowed? Mod clarification would be nice. If the former, please go ahead and delete this post and accept my apologies

Thanks for the info about Sooke and jpg headers (that's new to me and good to know!) And, I wasn't sure if Sooke Potholes or not. The Sooke photos are from 2014, but still found it odd, the whole Sooke coincidences I guess.

I agree, we should probably not discuss JH too much. I also wondered if anyone else can take screenshots of his FB photos. I did already, but worried that if JH ever read these posts he might take the photos and comments down. Just an idea.

They said her van was towed from sooke to victoria - I would really like to know where it was located in Sooke? (I don't recall seeing it but I have a horrible memory for off the beaten path vehicles parked in strange places)

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I don't remember seeing it answered and it could be an important clue to activities prior to her disappearance.

I know, me too. I want to know this. Was it on someone's land/yard? If so, who? Or was in an actual vehicle yard of a business? Or just in her own hiding spot that she knew of?

It could be possible that buying the cell phone and not activating it might just be to carry it for 911 purposes only. Just thought of this

Totally, could have been for assurance or emergencies only.

I did respond as SOON as she cancelled me for the third time. The first phone call was on Friday night asking for help to come home - I booked a flight, packed and prepared to leave. The second call, early Saturday was to say she was just having a really bad day and to PLEASE not come. I respected her wishes as Emma is fiercely independent. The third call was once again to ask for me to fly out. I booked a flight etc. but she called before I had left the house. Once again, pleading for me not to come. I had to make a decision and I flew out. Emma was not expecting me as I told her during that last call that I would respect her wishes.

Shelley

Aww Shelley my heart breaks for you. I am so so sorry you are going through this trauma. This is ever parent's worst nightmare, their child goes missing. What I find puzzling is that she seemed to be all right with you coming originally and then changed her mind. Did you give her any indication that for you to go to her, would raise some difficulties for you? Examples: expense, work, frustration.

Obviously there was a reason for Emma to change her mind in not wanting you to go be with her. Did she pick on on some hardship and didn't want you to feel obligated in "rescuing" her? Was she hiding something she didn't want you to learn about her? You have probably mulled every possibility over and over in your head but sometimes when asked certain questions, a light bulb goes off, something we had never given much weight to before. Sometimes we reflect our own personal problems to upon our children, and without giving it much thought, they internalize it and take it very much to heart. I'm not saying this is the case here, just food for thought.

My prayers are with you in your quest to find your beautiful Emma. MOO.

West Coast Super Storage was where the van was stored previous to Emma having it towed into Victoria

Car/boat storage in the yard is much cheaper at $49.95/mo. I wonder if Emma would sleep in the van in the yard or spend much time on the lot. If she was parked amongst other RV's and vehicles I am curious of the activity in that yard and if she was acquainted with anyone. I also wonder if any long-term vehicles have been stationed and have not left the storage yard since her disappearance and if so, can they be checked? I wonder if surveillance video was checked and gate entry/exit times were looked at. (entry is usually by security code)

http://westcoastsuperstorage.com/vehicle-storage/

I look at the distance between the storage location and the shelter where she stayed and I assume that she either lived in Sooke at some point or she knew people who lived there and could drive her back and forth between her car and Victoria. It doesn't seem to be the most convenient location to access by bus...

Car/boat storage in the yard is much cheaper at $49.95/mo. I wonder if Emma would sleep in the van in the yard or spend much time on the lot. If she was parked amongst other RV's and vehicles I am curious of the activity in that yard and if she was acquainted with anyone. I also wonder if any long-term vehicles have been stationed and have not left the storage yard since her disappearance and if so, can they be checked? I wonder if surveillance video was checked and gate entry/exit times were looked at. (entry is usually by security code)

http://westcoastsuperstorage.com/vehicle-storage/

The place looks like a clean, well run business who participate in the local Christmas light parade and seem pretty organized on their FB page. Hopefully they do have surveillance cameras working. Their website advertises 24 hour security on site, probably cameras as you say or maybe even a security guard? I'm thinking probably cameras though as opposed to a person.

Update: here's a photo from their FB page showing cameras and get this - the caption reads "Security cameras allow internet viewing":

https://www.facebook.com/1787987021...0.1426313941./178877645486682/?type=3&theater

So people who store there can log in and watch the camera stream or something? Will try to find out.

I look at the distance between the storage location and the shelter where she stayed and I assume that she either lived in Sooke at some point or she knew people who lived there and could drive her back and forth between her car and Victoria. It doesn't seem to be the most convenient location to access by bus...

I almost think she might've known someone in Sooke as well for some reason, unless she was drawn to the storage because of it's low prices. But there's lots of cheap storage in many places outside of the downtown area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back