CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The place looks like a clean, well run business who participate in the local Christmas light parade and seem pretty organized on their FB page. Hopefully they do have surveillance cameras working. Their website advertises 24 hour security on site, probably cameras as you say or maybe even a security guard? I'm thinking probably cameras though as opposed to a person.

Update: here's a photo from their FB page showing cameras and get this - the caption reads "Security cameras allow internet viewing":

https://www.facebook.com/1787987021...0.1426313941./178877645486682/?type=3&theater

So people who store there can log in and watch the camera stream or something? Will try to find out.

Lalala... Can you use your expertise to check who hosts the webpage and see of they are connected to some sort of surveilance techy company? IYKWIM?

It was well locked when not open for business so I don't think Emma could access it without breaking in and scaling quite a tall, well-secured fence. They may even have dogs that patrol the outside yard.

Shelley

No, she knew it would not be a burden on me in any way. My kids know that they ALWAYS come first. I think she was struggling with a serous emotional/mental issue and may have decided she didn't want me to know. She is a very private, independent young woman who has never asked for help with anything...even as a child. But who really knows what happened?
Thanks for your support, it really does mean a lot to me to know that people care.

Shelley <3

Not sure about JH, though as I read through some of his posts, they seem sincere and with the best of intentions. As an avid traveler, I can assure you that coincidences like their meeting in Victoria do happen.

Thanks for clearing up the van question, Shelley :). I've still got the feeling that she got that credit card for the impoundment, and it seems like something happened during the day to lead to the purchase of the cell phone. Based on her behaviour on camera, it looks like it was something difficult.

What bothers me the most (infuriating, in fact) about this case was that the last people to see her were LE---makes it clear they were severely lacking basic mental health awareness.

That's it!

Hello Shelley. If you select the post you want to reply to, click "reply with quote", this inserts the post you want to reply to along with your comments. This way we know who you are answering.

I believe Emma bought the card to pay the impound charges too. But what happened that made her buy the phone ? Again IMO

Sleeping in the van in the storage yard would have been virtually impossible. I saw surveillance footage the day she took the van there as well as the day she picked it up.

Hello Shelley. If you select the post you want to reply to, click "reply with quote", this inserts the post you want to reply to along with your comments. This way we know who you are answering.

I believe Emma bought the card to pay the impound charges too. But what happened that made her buy the phone ? Again IMO

Thanks for that tip! I wondered whar "reply with quote" meant!! That is quite possible but I wonder why she wouldn't just use cash which is what I believe she always did. No credit hard in her name to my knowledge as didn't believe in them.

Thanks for that tip! I wondered whar "reply with quote" meant!! That is quite possible but I wonder why she wouldn't just use cash which is what I believe she always did. No credit hard in her name to my knowledge as didn't believe in them.

Lalala... Can you use your expertise to check who hosts the webpage and see of they are connected to some sort of surveilance techy company? IYKWIM?

Here is the web domain registration info link for the storage business:

http://123cheapdomains.com/cgi-bin/who2.cgi

I think it's okay to post as it's public information for web sites/domains.

The man/developer IL who has it registered owns a few properties if you google him. I will say, he's quite a young man and not bad looking, looks to be in later 30s or early 40s. I'll try to sleuth more on this if I have time later today.

Not sure about JH, though as I read through some of his posts, they seem sincere and with the best of intentions. As an avid traveler, I can assure you that coincidences like their meeting in Victoria do happen.

Thanks for clearing up the van question, Shelley :). I've still got the feeling that she got that credit card for the impoundment, and it seems like something happened during the day to lead to the purchase of the cell phone. Based on her behaviour on camera, it looks like it was something difficult.

What bothers me the most (infuriating, in fact) about this case was that the last people to see her were LE---makes it clear they were severely lacking basic mental health awareness.

It's a sad, common occurrence when police are called to an incident when instead, a mental health professional should've been called to assist and evaluate a situation. There should be cross-over training for both professions, or they need to work more together somehow, in my opinion.

You're right, Victoria is a small enough city it's easy to run into people to a point. And I say that lightly, as it's still spread out enough that I don't even run into people I know in my own neighborhood that often.

Still unsure about the credit card for the impound bill, she could've paid them with debit(?)

I'm trying to be open minded, a bit hard when it comes to JH, but will try to sleuth other possibilities and not get too hung up on him and his connection. So many scenarios are possible. I'd like to try to focus on her steps, like where was she between noon and 6pm? Was she on the Galloping Goose Trail or did someone have her card and was there. So many questions.

Sleeping in the van in the storage yard would have been virtually impossible. I saw surveillance footage the day she took the van there as well as the day she picked it up.

Wow, that's amazing that the business still had both clips of footage! Seems rare nowadays that businesses don't record over or don't dispose of recordings, this business does seem well put together, seems legit and not shady.

Sounds like she was alone in the footage and there by herself... Wondering if she dealt with the same employee both times at the storage and if were they a man or woman.

It was well locked when not open for business so I don't think Emma could access it without breaking in and scaling quite a tall, well-secured fence. They may even have dogs that patrol the outside yard.

Shelley

I wonder if she would ever go to her storage for the day, hang out quietly until closing and end up sleeping in the van. The storage company might not ever know as I doubt they check each vehicle at the end of the day. It is common for storage companies to discover people living in their rental units. RV's and vehicles could be thought of just the same. Typically the storage facilities need a code upon entering but not when exiting. I wonder if the storage facility has any accounts of people living in their RV's and if so was one of them Emma or someone else?

Did someone on this thread say she was around Rock Bay Ave at some point?

That area borders on being a bit sketchy. Rock Bay Ave is one of the 'prostitute-rows' of the city (not connecting this to Emma at all, I'm going in a different direction so bear with me), as well an area where street people can be seen around. There's a couple run down places and industrial businesses there as well. I ask because the person who owns the WCstorage also owns a motel on Rock Bay Ave, that's located next to Streetlink's Rock Bay Landing.

Here's a description of the Streetlink from an Aug 2012 article (link below):

"The new, purpose-built Rock Bay Landing facility offers many improvements including:

84 permanent shelter beds; up from 80 at Streetlink.
23 new units of transitional housing will be available starting in mid-November.
Two units of family shelter are available &#8211; the first in the Capital Region.
There is expanded space for 20 shelter mats during extreme weather conditions.

Here's an article about his property:

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/fortress-like-fence-irks-victoria-city-staff-1.16059

Did someone on this thread say she was around Rock Bay Ave at some point?

That area borders on being a bit sketchy. Rock Bay Ave is one of the 'prostitute-rows' of the city (not connecting this to Emma at all, I'm going in a different direction so bear with me), as well an area where street people can be seen around. There's a couple run down places and industrial businesses there as well. I ask because the person who owns the WCstorage also owns a motel on Rock Bay Ave, that's located next to Streetlink's Rock Bay Landing.

Here's a description of the Streetlink from an Aug 2012 article (link below):

"The new, purpose-built Rock Bay Landing facility offers many improvements including:

84 permanent shelter beds; up from 80 at Streetlink.
23 new units of transitional housing will be available starting in mid-November.
Two units of family shelter are available &#8211; the first in the Capital Region.
There is expanded space for 20 shelter mats during extreme weather conditions.

Here's an article about his property:

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/fortress-like-fence-irks-victoria-city-staff-1.16059

Very interesting! Thanks for digging!
http://ianlaingproperties.com

It's a sad, common occurrence when police are called to an incident when instead, a mental health professional should've been called to assist and evaluate a situation. There should be cross-over training for both professions, or they need to work more together somehow, in my opinion.

You're right, Victoria is a small enough city it's easy to run into people to a point. And I say that lightly, as it's still spread out enough that I don't even run into people I know in my own neighborhood that often.

Still unsure about the credit card for the impound bill, she could've paid them with debit(?)

I'm trying to be open minded, a bit hard when it comes to JH, but will try to sleuth other possibilities and not get too hung up on him and his connection. So many scenarios are possible. I'd like to try to focus on her steps, like where was she between noon and 6pm? Was she on the Galloping Goose Trail or did someone have her card and was there. So many questions.

Yes she possibly could have paid for the impound in cash but that's only if she's there in person. I've personally paid for this by CC before as I was not present at the time and was getting my vehicle released to a towing company. but the same could be said for a plane ticket or anything else with cash or debit as well. There is certainly a reason she bought a prepaid CC for that amount of money. That reason would shed light on other information
And you are welcome Shelley. I was frustrating myself trying to figure out who you were responding to and on what comment. I hope we can help with your search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back