CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
has anyone else noticed the 8 photos posted to google earth around the inner harbor with very unique messages attached such as 'here begins the sea for the one that is on the sea, here the sea ends for the one that is on the sea' and 'we came into this life with nothing and we leave this life empty handed, when finished the most valuable treasure that we have,the time'...they are posted under a name EmilyA. Emma's second name is Alexandra.I tried to upload a photo to WS showing locations of photos but unsuccessful.Probably just a coincidence the name is similar but Emma is a trained photographer.

I wonder if she had a smart phone... I thought she wasn't into social media and stuff like that.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

i think it impossible to live 1 year without interaction with other people such as obtaining food and shelter unless she has somebody isolating her from society either voluntarily or otherwise.Although I don't think now those photos are related to Emma, it would be possible for somebody else to post photos with captions on her behalf as a message to her family.Anythings possible it seems and i say find the orange purse and you find Emma. Yesterday when i showed the missing poster on the streets of my town so many people said oh she looks so familiar.

Although I don't think now those photos are related to Emma, it would be possible for somebody else to post photos with captions on her behalf as a message to her family.
<rsbm>

Any way of getting a date on those photos, kokanee? Also, is the "inner harbour" the same downtown area that Emma was known to be. (I think it is, but not very familiar with downtown Victoria).

One thought I've had that I don't think we've touched on ... Emma loved children. Not to disparage Emma in any way, but wondering if there was a possibility that she was pregnant? Obviously no answer to that question, but something I think about. Sometimes depressed people will think that having their own child will help fill a void in their lives and give them something to care about more than themselves.

OT ... like your blog :) Your Red Wing boots story is really funny, and I loved your story about your furbabe Albert. I had to part with my old shepherd recently, and know how they leave such a big hole in our hearts.

hi sillybilly yes the inner harbor is where emma worked.I thought about that with a child as well.Anything is possible. I think the photos are from last year and not related to her but its been mentioned she trained in photography and the photo captions are interesting.

now that the fact of her credit card being found has been presented in the media can we discuss that?I think police kept it hush hush hoping it would be a lead.I hope I am not stepping over the line by saying the card was found in front of a library(not victoria) several days after she went missing.A gentleman found it and tried to cash it which tipped police off.They determined he had nothing to do with Emma, just a lucky find.I would not have presented this fact if it had not been publicly presented in the media last week. So how does a card migrate 15km from where she was last seen?Could she have walked the abandoned rail line from the inner harbor or taken a bus direct?The rail line passes within 100 metres of the library.There is an outside book drop so was she returning a library book and dropped the credit card? anything is possible... if she was robbed of the card why won't the robber try to cash it and what odds they would drop the card in front of a library?did she drop it as a decoy or to show she was at the place? who knows...so much of a mystery but it seems she visited the victoria library almost every day so books and library's are a big part of her life....

several months before she disappeared she stayed at a shelter in Vancouver on Homer street a block from Vanc library perhaps doing research.Emma is an adult so of course can travel and go wherever she likes.Its just a fact that ties her to another library.Maybe now she is visiting used book stores to avoid being seen in a library because surely she will still retain an interest in reading.There is a young woman who worked at that Vanc shelter that if by chance she reads this could she please contact Emma's mother to confirm Emma didn't return to that shelter after she disappeared in Nov 2012.Privacy laws in some cases are a real detriment to finding answers

hi sillybilly yes the inner harbor is where emma worked.I thought about that with a child as well.Anything is possible. I think the photos are from last year and not related to her but its been mentioned she trained in photography and the photo captions are interesting.

now that the fact of her credit card being found has been presented in the media can we discuss that?I think police kept it hush hush hoping it would be a lead.I hope I am not stepping over the line by saying the card was found in front of a library(not victoria) several days after she went missing.A gentleman found it and tried to cash it which tipped police off.They determined he had nothing to do with Emma, just a lucky find.I would not have presented this fact if it had not been publicly presented in the media last week. So how does a card migrate 15km from where she was last seen?Could she have walked the abandoned rail line from the inner harbor or taken a bus direct?The rail line passes within 100 metres of the library.There is an outside book drop so was she returning a library book and dropped the credit card? anything is possible... if she was robbed of the card why won't the robber try to cash it and what odds they would drop the card in front of a library?did she drop it as a decoy or to show she was at the place? who knows...so much of a mystery but it seems she visited the victoria library almost every day so books and library's are a big part of her life....

Hi Kokanee, I think I missed the info and can't seem to find it about her credit card being found.

Where was it found?

There are not many cases on WS that I follow where I feel like there is actually hope.

There is hope for Emma.

This is so sad. The poor girl. Managing mental illness is so tough. She's so beautiful. I hope she is ok. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for her and the family. It consumes your whole life and you feel like going crazy trying to find her or at least an answer as to why. Praying for some kind of relief for this poor family and that Emma comes home soon.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Wow. Just read through a bit of this case and am a little confused.
Could anybody post a quick summary of the facts and/or theories about what happened to Emma?

see facebook page helpfindemmafillipoff and 'details of disappearance' near the top of page

We don't know what happened to Emma. :-( Cops talked to her minutes before she vanished. She was acting out of sorts.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I hadn't heard that info about the credit card being found before! So that's 15km away from where she was last seen speaking with the police??

Thank you luckyducky for this video link. In this video the reporter also mentions how a young guy saw Emma walking the street in bare feet, disheveled, confused and carrying her shoes. He called the police and the two officers spoke to her for 45 minutes. According to Cst. M Russell, the two police officers who spoke with Emma could not apprehend her under the mental health act. To me this says it was obvious to the officers she was not mentally well.

This is just horrible IMHO. Did the officers not consider Emma may have fallen and suffered a head injury and this could have been why she was confused? IMO they should have called for an ambulance and at least had her checked out on the spot. Sorry to be so blunt and it is JMO but I think they thought she was just another young street person strung out on illegal drugs. IMHO they failed her because of our laws. So terribly sad. If they would have/could have done something Emma could be back at home with her mom safe and sound. Or her mom would've went to BC, found Emma probably in the hospital, but at least she would've found her.

if Emma had stated to the officers she didn't need or want their help and she just wanted to be left alone they would have to respect her wishes as she's an adult and wasn't committing any crime.They determined she wasn't a threat to anybody else or herself. In hindsight it was the worse case scenario for them to let her walk away but really after the 45 minute interview it was their only option.

Maybe I'm having false memory syndrome, but I thought I read somewhere that staff at the Empress had noticed Emma acting strangely and called police. All I can find is that the acquaintance DQ noticed her acting oddly and called 911, and they are all identical cookie cutter articles. I'm sure there were some different articles, and seem to recall there was one that indicated DQ had watched as LE spoke with Emma?

Maybe I'm having false memory syndrome, but I thought I read somewhere that staff at the Empress had noticed Emma acting strangely and called police. All I can find is that the acquaintance DQ noticed her acting oddly and called 911, and they are all identical cookie cutter articles. I'm sure there were some different articles, and seem to recall there was one that indicated DQ had watched as LE spoke with Emma?

yes the fellow called police from a nearby restaurant and then waited till they arrived to speak with Emma.Don't recall Empress staff being involved but perhaps I just never saw that article.

Okay .. found the info re the Empress:

The night auditor at the Empress noticed her odd behaviour that night, and the police had a long conversation with her, a few hours before she went missing

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

That info came from Emma's mom on the Help Find Emma Fillipoff FB page. Here's a cache of the page with the comment:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...sts/454739927921638+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Here's the main page:

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindEmmaFillipoff?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

I find the timing a bit odd because officers were said to have been speaking with Emma from 7:00 to 7:45pm (approx.). I've known two night auditors personally, and any hotel I've known about, night auditors usually don't start their shifts until fairly late (i.e. graveyards, 11:00pm to 7:00am). They are the only ones on the front desk, and the reason they start so late is to do the accounting/bookkeeping for the day at a time when the hotel is not busy.

Okay .. found the info re the Empress:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

That info came from Emma's mom on the Help Find Emma Fillipoff FB page. Here's a cache of the page with the comment:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...sts/454739927921638+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Here's the main page:

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindEmmaFillipoff?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

I find the timing a bit odd because officers were said to have been speaking with Emma from 7:00 to 7:45pm (approx.). I've known two night auditors personally, and any hotel I've known about, night auditors usually don't start their shifts until fairly late (i.e. graveyards, 11:00pm to 7:00am). They are the only ones on the front desk, and the reason they start so late is to do the accounting/bookkeeping for the day at a time when the hotel is not busy.

good sleuthing Sillybilly.Was aware of the Rock Bay comment and from satellite imagery noticed an orange object in the grass at the north end of the bay.VicPD checked on it and was a discarded orange traffic cone LOL. Thought it might have been the orange purse....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back