GUILTY Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really think that it could be the *other* ex that is a suspect.

I am so very lost now :(.....can I ask who the other ex is ?? Are we allowed to discuss it on here ? If not LL just ignore me lol. I feel more confused today with the case than I ever have and have followed it from the beginning.

I agree.... He is the more likely candidate. We have discovered MANY shady connections in relation to him, but KCR hasn't proven fruitful for such connections and past offences.

As to the children, my understanding was that one lived with her mother, one with her father and one with KCR... It is soooo confusing!

I am so very lost now :(.....can I ask who the other ex is ?? Are we allowed to discuss it on here ? If not LL just ignore me lol. I feel more confused today with the case than I ever have and have followed it from the beginning.
His initials are KL. He did make a comment on the missing page shortly after the body was discovered.

It really IS very confusing. I do have to warn that in my experience, a reporter's word doesn't make it true... Even Nancy has made some major mistakes in the past. She has alluded to suspects that turned out to be wrong, and has made statements in her reports that were highly premature. JMO of course. :eek:

I agree with you news, about Nancy...... I read the facebook page, and she refers to the ex as a suspect, and in fact he is only a person of interest. She should know that there is a big difference. At the moment, I am under the impression that there are more than one person of interest ie: those that saw her last.

Further to our conversation as to the confusion as to who has the children, Jessica mother in BC speaks about caring for two sons. If we check out the facebook
Remembering Jessica........:gaah:

In terms of the children on the Remembering Jessica pg it has also been stated more than once that the 3 children live with 3 separate family members.
I agree with you news, about Nancy...... I read the facebook page, and she refers to the ex as a suspect, and in fact he is only a person of interest. She should know that there is a big difference. At the moment, I am under the impression that there are more than one person of interest ie: those that saw her last.

Further to our conversation as to the confusion as to who has the children, Jessica mother in BC speaks about caring for two sons. If we check out the facebook
Remembering Jessica........:gaah:

what time was her custody hearing on the 11th?

Good question…depends where their names were on the docket. This is public info I think….

ETA - Actually family court might be private and not public info. I took a quick peek at the courthouse website, didn't find anything (yet).

what time was her custody hearing on the 11th?

I am not sure that each custody case is given an exact time. I think how it works is the date of the hearing you need to be at the courthouse when it opens. There is a docket with names and which courtroom they will be in. There is no telling what time Jessica's case would be, just the name of the judge and the courtroom. It all depends on the order that the cases are called and the length of each case. You basically have to be there first thing in the morning and wait it out.

Yes, or even someone else, since the statements have all been that "an ex-boyfriend dropped her off", and I suspect she had more than two ex-boyfriends.

The media reports that have id'd the restaurant manager as 'last one to see her' are incorrect, at the latest police video press conference May 9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jvEPi0nwI the officer says she was "last seen in the Forest Lawn area" at the 55 sec mark. Of course, they may doubt the statement of that witness but they are still putting it out there.

For me, the way the body was disposed of and her nakedness points to a crime of passion, not to a robbery or custody dispute. Most typically those kinds of crimes are from someone who is sociopathic and who feels sexually rejected by that particular woman or women in general.

Yes, or even someone else, since the statements have all been that "an ex-boyfriend dropped her off", and I suspect she had more than two ex-boyfriends.

The media reports that have id'd the restaurant manager as 'last one to see her' are incorrect, at the latest police video press conference May 9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4jvEPi0nwI the officer says she was "last seen in the Forest Lawn area" at the 55 sec mark. Of course, they may doubt the statement of that witness but they are still putting it out there.

For me, the way the body was disposed of and her nakedness points to a crime of passion, not to a robbery or custody dispute. Most typically those kinds of crimes are from someone who is sociopathic and who feels sexually rejected by that particular woman or women in general.

The bar is in the Forest Lawn area. She lives about 2 minutes drive from her place of work.

Edit: Don't know if this will work but this is from google maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...1!3m1!1s0x53717b18b5c68001:0x7bde3f0323a831b8

The bar is in the Forest Lawn area. She lives about 2 minutes drive from her place of work.

Okay, so they are being cagey about the ride and whether that person is telling the truth, or perhaps haven't been able to find anyone who will admit to being the ride. Or possibly, there wasn't one.

Okay, so they are being cagey about the ride and whether that person is telling the truth, or perhaps haven't been able to find anyone who will admit to being the ride. Or possibly, there wasn't one.

Jessica's body was only found 11 days ago, I think it can take weeks, sometimes months, to get results back and I think in the meantime they could be trying to appear as though they're doing something in one direction, to give a false sense of security to people in another direction to see what they do, if that makes sense. The ex said he dropped her off but didn't see her go in. If you go to earth on the google maps view of the block that she lived in, you can see that they're not houses but flats (there's a pathway and a 'front' door both sides of the properties). Even if she didn't have to go round the back, I'd suggest that he dropped her off roadside and was gone before she reached the front door.

We only know that she didn't go home because that's what the roommate told LE. In the spirit of 'innocent until proven guilty', my understanding is that LE faithfully repeat what they've been told as fact until such time as it can be proved not to be. What I'm sensing from the 'lift' scenario is that they believe that the ex picked her up but they aren't convinced he dropped her off at home. Or they're making out they are for distraction. She could have been walking across the car park home, seen another tenant that she knew, gone off to their flat.

I know that some youngsters can't think further than their next night out but it just seems the stupidest thing to do the night before the custody hearing. I don't know. It's taken for granted that the first person under scrutiny in most murders is the partner/ex partner, with the addition of the custody 'battle' it might have presented itself as the perfect opportunity to get away with something they'd been long fantasizing about. I still think her unexpectedly leaving an hour early might also factor.

I read a great comment made by gitana1 on the Vincent Viafore thread.

"Because most LE agencies really wait until they have substantial evidence before arresting someone. They know the clock begins to run on murder charges once arrested but there is no statute of limitations on filing them so there is no harm to the case in waiting to arrest and charge."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...8-April-2015-*ARREST*&p=11755617#post11755617

I read a great comment made by gitana1 on the Vincent Viafore thread.

"Because most LE agencies really wait until they have substantial evidence before arresting someone. They know the clock begins to run on murder charges once arrested but there is no statute of limitations on filing them so there is no harm to the case in waiting to arrest and charge."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...8-April-2015-*ARREST*&p=11755617#post11755617
In my experience, they wait until they have all their ducks in a row before filing charges. Usually it is the Crown Prosecutor that decides when to arrest based on the evidence at that point. The only time they make a quick arrest, is if they are concerned that the suspect may flee, as was the case in the Liknes/O'Brien homicides. Occasionally they may use other charges to arrest and detain, or as leverage to elicit a confession.

In this case, I suspect that not all forensic results are back yet. They are dealing with trace DNA, latent fingerprinting, and other time consuming testing. They also have to have something to match the results against, and unless the suspect or suspects have their DNA and fingerprints on file, or have voluntarily submitted them, they will require a preponderance of other evidence to secure a court order to obtain it. Detectives always say - It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

Where is it confirmed that the home pictured being searched in the latest video belongs to the dad of the youngest son?

That home we saw being searched in the latest video belongs to the ex boyfriend's family. The ex boyfriend who is the father of the youngest son and the one she was due to meet in court the next day.

The first video shows the house she shared with housemate Michael Hahn, who is being interviewed in front of it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back