CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That leaves them with only two viable options. My guess is that they head south to more populated areas. They might even try crossing into the United States.
I agree, but I think these are likely very unsophisticated guys, having lived all their lives in Port Alberni, an end of the road, resource industry town with zero cool factor. I doubt they've spent much time in a city, they seem much more comfortable staying off the beaten track.

I'll try:
*C & L - Blue 1986 Chevy Van/Camper
*Teen suspects - Camper /Truck...burned near Dease Lake. Now in Gray Toyata
Rav 4
*Bearded man (POI once) talking with C & L - Older Jeep Cherokee with striped
*Two missing men from Surrey, car abandoned Logan Lake - 2019 white Jeep
Cherokee.

So it's possible the Rav4 belonged to the other man they found dead?

And the ability to truly laying low in the bush with the 'critters takes a lot of advance preparation and skills learned over years. I doubt they have either the skills or preparation. Recreational hunting experience alone will not be sufficient to lay low with the critters for any length of time.

That leaves them with only two viable options. My guess is that they head south to more populated areas. They might even try crossing into the United States.
Plus the vehicle they are now in. It's a small SUV, I believe, and they no longer have a camper-top. Plus there is a need for gas and food. Can't believe they won't be caught. MOO

Plus the vehicle they are now in. It's a small SUV, I believe, and they no longer have a camper-top. Plus there is a need for gas and food. Can't believe they won't be caught. MOO
I wonder whether they used their debit card (or one of the victim's credit cards?) in Saskatchewan. Took police time to get the CCTV.

Using a victims card would make them definitely suspects.

This is my first time posting on WS. I've been a longgg time lurker for other cases, because I'm interested in true crime. This particular case interests me as it strikes very close to home.

This case is all over the news here, it's a massive story and I haven't seen anything saying the camper wasn't with the truck. All I've seen is it was reported as the teens "burning/burned out red and grey Dodge pickup truck fitted with a sleeping camper"and things along those lines. However I have seen the images of the scene and the burned out truck, and the camper does appear to be missing. It's not being mentioned though. Could it have been removed from the scene for evidence before those images were taken? Seems like a missing camper would be something the media would be all over... and LE hasn't commented on it, but I guess there could be a reason for that as far as the investigation goes..

Anyways, these guys won't get too far. With the amount of media coverage this is getting, everyone and their dog will be able to recognize them wherever they are. Cases like this aren't too common in Canada, so when they happen nearly everyone knows about it. They're going to need gas or food or whatever eventually.. Can't hide forever.

They might be able to change their hair and facial hair, but they cannot change height, both are 6'4'' so that will stand out.imo.
Port Alberni teens now considered suspects in Northern BC double homicide
"We believe they are likely continuing to travel, though we don’t have a possible destination," RCMP said. "They were seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4."

RCMP is asking the public that if you spot Kam Mclead or Bryer Schmegelsky to consider them as dangerous - take no actions – do not approach – and call 911 immediately.

67411_rav4.jpg

The suspects were seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4. — RCMP photo

“We are asking the public: if you spot Kam or Bryer, consider them dangerous,” Sergeant Janelle Shoihet said during a press conference from the Lower Mainland on Tuesday.

“Take no action and immediately call 911.”
Canadian highway murders, police confirm suspects

Attachments

• D1D30998-9F15-4FE3-95AA-F72772A758B8.jpeg
    D1D30998-9F15-4FE3-95AA-F72772A758B8.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 12
This is my first time posting on WS. I've been a longgg time lurker for other cases, because I'm interested in true crime. This particular case interests me as it strikes very close to home.

This case is all over the news here, it's a massive story and I haven't seen anything saying the camper wasn't with the truck. All I've seen is it was reported as the teens "burning/burned out red and grey Dodge pickup truck fitted with a sleeping camper"and things along those lines. However I have seen the images of the scene and the burned out truck, and the camper does appear to be missing. It's not being mentioned though. Could it have been removed from the scene for evidence before those images were taken? Seems like a missing camper would be something the media would be all over... and LE hasn't commented on it, but I guess there could be a reason for that as far as the investigation goes..

Anyways, these guys won't get too far. With the amount of media coverage this is getting, everyone and their dog will be able to recognize them wherever they are. Cases like this aren't too common in Canada, so when they happen nearly everyone knows about it. They're going to need gas or food or whatever eventually.. Can't hide forever.
I think it's that the photo of the burned truck appeared to show the truck had burned without the camper on it.

Perhaps the camper shell, with lots of flammable elements, burned right through to the roof/bed of the truck. But I really wonder if police would allow anything on the truck to be removed, considering it was evidence in, at the least, a disappearance?

But perhaps they had to remove it to search it.

Apparently now some indication they may be in Manitoba, as per the RCMP:

"PUBLIC SAFETY - Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky MAY be in Manitoba and are considered dangerous. We have reasons to believe they were recently in the Gillam area. If you spot them - take no actions – do not approach – call 911 or your local police immediately." RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

I also wonder why they would chose to burn out their own truck and camper in favor of a different vehicle with no living quarters.... It had to either have evidence they wanted to hide, or they wanted it to appear something happened to them so they could go off the grid for some reason. Not very smart to make yourself in to a missing person though if you don't want people looking for you/ are trying to lay low....

rbbm.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...g-persons-lucas-fowler-chynna-deese-1.5221657
"The rumour mill is rampant," said Gail Andrews, whose family has run the Tetsa River Lodge at Mile 375 on the Alaska Highway for three generations. "It's become, 'Don't get out of your car, you'll get murdered.' People are nervous."

Store owner Claudia Bunce says McLeod and Schmegelsky were in her shop earlier this month. They were captured on video, walking in for a cup of coffee, she says
Andrews said visitors and residents staying at the lodge heard sirens screaming by the property last week as police raced to the spot where Fowler and Deese's bodies were found about 100 kilometres away.

Another missing persons case involving two men from Surrey, B.C. also made headlines alongside news of the investigations in the north, but RCMP confirmed Tuesday that case is unrelated to the homicides."

northern-b-c-missing-homicides-map.jpg

A map shows the locations in Northern B.C. where three bodies were found, as well as the abandoned truck of two men now considered missing. Chynna Deese and Lucas Fowler, a young couple from the U.S. and Australia, were gunned down near Liard Hot Springs on July 15, 2019. To the southwest, a body was found on July 19 near the truck of Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, both missing. (CBC News)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares