GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...nan_sparwood_110909/20110909/?hub=CalgaryHome
A business owner in southern Alberta says he thinks he saw Hopley the morning Kienan was reported missing.

The owner of the Fast Gas in Frank, Alberta says he has surveillance footage of Hopley.

He says Hopley came into the gas station just after 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

He says Hopley was alone but looked a little scratched up.

RCMP have the surveillance tapes and have not confirmed whether the man in video is in fact Hopley.

I've been to Franks slide and it's quite an experience... read up on it one day when you have time. It's very eerie being there.

Franks slide is if I recall correctly about 1/2 hour out of Sparwood... which would go in line with the car being at the home around 8 or 9 am....It is also between sparwood and pincher creek. If he dropped the boy off, and went back to the trailer for whatever reason...... Maybe Kienan is between Franks Slide and Pincher Creek?

I wonder if this event altered any plans.
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110909/110909_Eathquake/20110909/?hub=CP24Home
Fri Sep. 09 2011 4:12:45 PM | The Canadian Press

Magnitude-6.7 earthquake rattles Vancouver Island

VICTORIA — A magnitude-6.7 earthquake has struck off the coast of Vancouver Island.

The United States Geological Survey recorded the quake at 12:41 p.m. local time.

A map on the geological survey's website puts the epicentre just off the west coast of Vancouver Island, south of Port Hardy.

No.. they wouldn't have felt it out there. It's too far. I'm between Vancouver and Sparwood and we didn't even feel it here..

No offense to you and I feel your frustration because I'm also Canadian and am disgusted with how well we treat our criminals. I wouldn't hold my breath with anything changing.

I predict he will be captured, some doctor will find him insane, he'll be sent to some psych hospital for a few years and then out again.

Remember this? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/05/greyhound-bus-beheading-s_n_172224.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ce-li-walks-mental-health-centre-selkirk.html

Sickening

You are right... I think we are a pretty passive country as a whole and that is a shame. We really need to take a stand with this. Enough is enough.

That greyhound thing was so out of control.. I still can't believe that happened.

I think they should continue to put his mom on tv or anyone he was close with to continue to plea not to hurt Kienan and to bring him home or drop him off somewhere safe. A hospital or fire station.

I've just been catching up on today's postings here. Thanks very much to those posting info from the news conference. The thing that I was most intrigued by was that LE doesn't seem 100% certain that Hopley took Kienan, hence theory #1.

Last night some were speculating on what caused LE to name Hopley as a suspect. There were some rumours (or "rumors" for our American friends ;) )that LE had clear evidence, such as video of Hopley with Kienan.

Although I am disappointed that there isn't enough evidence to point definitively in one direction, I am glad that LE are keeping an open mind and still investigating more than one theory. IF (and that's a big if) Hopley isn't involved, I can see how LE might have been attracted to pursuing a "logical" suspect...a sexual offender who happened to disappear at the same time as poor little Kienan.

Where are you Kienan?? Everyone is looking for you. We'll be there soon!

...still checking out logging roads...

Hang on little dude.. they are trying so hard to find you!

I've just been catching up on today's postings here. Thanks very much to those posting info from the news conference. The thing that I was most intrigued by was that LE doesn't seem 100% certain that Hopley took Kienan, hence theory #1.

Last night some were speculating on what caused LE to name Hopley as a suspect. There were some rumours (or "rumors" for our American friends ;) )that LE had clear evidence, such as video of Hopley with Kienan.

Although I am disappointed that there isn't enough evidence to point definitively in one direction, I am glad that LE are keeping an open mind and still investigating more than one theory. IF (and that's a big if) Hopley isn't involved, I can see how LE might have been attracted to pursuing a "logical" suspect...a sexual offender who happened to disappear at the same time as poor little Kienan.

Where are you Kienan?? Everyone is looking for you. We'll be there soon!

Earlier reports indicated they had his DNA on file so I'm guessing they may have found traces of his DNA inside the home hence the reason he is considered a suspect. The video was confirmed not to be true but who knows...they may not want to reveal what evidence they have.

Also, the search in the immediate area may be due to other reasons as well. Yes, the wandering theory but I think another theory (mine) is if Hopley panicked, he may have just left Kienan and took off.

I've been to Franks slide and it's quite an experience... read up on it one day when you have time. It's very eerie being there.

Franks slide is if I recall correctly about 1/2 hour out of Sparwood... which would go in line with the car being at the home around 8 or 9 am....It is also between sparwood and pincher creek. If he dropped the boy off, and went back to the trailer for whatever reason...... Maybe Kienan is between Franks Slide and Pincher Creek?

I have been to Frank's slide area and agree it is a very strange feeling standing there (had to get out and walk around).

I remember looking across at the mountain side and seeing old mine entrances in the side of the mountain. This is years ago and I mean many years ago - at the time I was there, I cannot say that I saw any cabins or roadways off the main road that I was on. But of course cabins/roads could have built since I was through that area exploring.

And I have been through Crows Nest Pass as well years ago.

Just sharing what personal knowledge (little) that I have of this very rugged area.

430_hopley_video_110909.jpg

from surveillance video from Frank Alberta

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110909/CGY_kienan_sparwood_110909/20110909/?hub=CalgaryHome

So what do you think? Is this Hopley?

Most kids (good or bad,big or small) love big balloons and banners in the sky - maybe they can send up a Blimp with a gentle plea to poi to make contact and a photo of Kienan on the other side..

Earlier reports indicated they had his DNA on file so I'm guessing they may have found traces of his DNA inside the home hence the reason he is considered a suspect. The video was confirmed not to be true but who knows...they may not want to reveal what evidence they have.

Also, the search in the immediate area may be due to other reasons as well. Yes, the wandering theory but I think another theory (mine) is if Hopley panicked, he may have just left Kienan and took off.

All good points, n/t.

Side by side comparison of Hopley and from video at gas bar:

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 51
There clearly is some resemblance. The things that I'm not so sure about though are the height of his forehead (difficult to tell from this camera angle) and his bangs look somewhat curly...while Hopley's bangs are dead straight.

Anyone else?

I have been to Frank's slide area and agree it is a very strange feeling standing there (had to get out and walk around).

I remember looking across at the mountain side and seeing old mine entrances in the side of the mountain. This is years ago and I mean many years ago - at the time I was there, I cannot say that I saw any cabins or roadways off the main road that I was on. But of course cabins/roads could have built since I was through that area exploring.

And I have been through Crows Nest Pass as well years ago.

Just sharing what personal knowledge (little) that I have of this very rugged area.

It's kind of amazing when you think about what you are standing on.. so unbelievable that that happened. ( for those of you who haven't been there, a slide wiped out an entire town many years ago, and it's never been uncovered.. the bodies, the homes, everything is still under this mass slide that you can walk partially on .. it's the eeriest feeling.)

I don't remember any cabins either, but I'm not familiar with the area around it. I bet the locals would have a good idea..

What is on the counter? Drink cup with a straw? Gatorade?

Looks like the clerk is also scanning in a bottle of yellow gatorade too. 2 gatorades.

Side by side comparison of Hopley and from video at gas bar:

Can you do a side by side with the original pic? He had his bangs down in that photo? TIA

I think this guy could be Hopley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member