DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The image seems squashed. Can someone stretch it a bit vertically? xo

430_hopley_video_110909.jpg

from surveillance video from Frank Alberta

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110909/CGY_kienan_sparwood_110909/20110909/?hub=CalgaryHome

So what do you think? Is this Hopley?

Best person to ask is his mother ... as a mother, I'm sure she could recognize her son a mile away!

Ditto, unless he had a beauty make-over, which I suppose is possible, this guy looks like a good match, but no cigar.This could be a good thing (since he is alone). I commend the store owner for coming forward with this video-

I'm from the Crowsnest Pass. There are tons and tons of places to hide.

ETA: Someone asked about lakes near the area. Between Sparwood and the Crowsnest Pass, there are Emerald Lake, Crowsnest Lake, and Island Lake. They are all close together, and one of them is said to be "bottomless."

OKAY, my optimism took a turn for the worse.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...apped-tot-will-be-found-alive/article2159631/

Ms. Fink said her son mentioned a friend had died, that he planned to go grocery shopping and declined a cup of tea. He also said he was doing some painting and roofing to get by.

Before he left, he gave her a big hug.

“He seemed to be all right,” Ms. Fink recalled. “He said, ‘I’m going home.’ That’s all he said.”

Ms. Fink is mindful of her son’s past, but said the new allegations against him have been shocking to her entire family.
“I don’t know. I can’t judge him. I have to wait until he gets home,” she said. “Randall should come home.”
Mr. Hopley, who was born in Fernie where he grew up one of six siblings, is described as quiet and reserved, with few friends.
He has spent the past 26 years in and out of trouble with the law – a pattern that’s alienated him from relatives. “None of us can figure out what’s going through his head,” said his sister, Erma Fink. “We just want this little boy found.”

WHERE IS HOME TO HIM???

Further from the above article:

Margaret Fink, Mr. Hopley’s 70-year-old mother, said for the first time in a year her son dropped by her Fernie, B.C. home for a 10-minute visit around 2 p.m. Tuesday.Kienan vanished some time between bedtime Tuesday evening and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.

That picture doesn't look like the suspect to me.

The pic is a REALLY good looking guy - the perp looks sort of similar in a nerd way, but doesn't have the same great looks.

I don't think it's a match. At all.

My family has a big farm there that's practically abandoned and has lots of buildings and trees. I asked someone who still lives in the Pass to check it out for me.

The pic is a REALLY good looking guy - the perp looks sort of similar in a nerd way, but doesn't have the same great looks.

IDK, it is a totally different angle & maybe the cleaned up. Remember he did go see Mommy. Totally speculating that something seemed similar that the clerk (had a face-to-face view) and that he/she may have then alerted upper management or owner. This whole area is small, so news/papers spread fast. To re-iterate I am totally speculating to why I think that video came to play, as it was out of the immediate area so I don't think the owner scanned the tape (just in case). I think the clerk made the mark & time & it was followed up from there. JMHO.

OKAY, my optimism took a turn for the worse.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...apped-tot-will-be-found-alive/article2159631/

Ms. Fink said her son mentioned a friend had died, that he planned to go grocery shopping and declined a cup of tea. He also said he was doing some painting and roofing to get by.

Before he left, he gave her a big hug.

“He seemed to be all right,” Ms. Fink recalled. “He said, ‘I’m going home.’ That’s all he said.”

Ms. Fink is mindful of her son’s past, but said the new allegations against him have been shocking to her entire family.
“I don’t know. I can’t judge him. I have to wait until he gets home,” she said. “Randall should come home.”
Mr. Hopley, who was born in Fernie where he grew up one of six siblings, is described as quiet and reserved, with few friends.
He has spent the past 26 years in and out of trouble with the law – a pattern that’s alienated him from relatives. “None of us can figure out what’s going through his head,” said his sister, Erma Fink. “We just want this little boy found.”

WHERE IS HOME TO HIM???

Thank-you, Dee. GREAT question and observation.

Wouldn't LE request that man in the video come forward, if they thought it wasn't Hopley? Or maybe they already located the man and talked to him.

Mother of suspected abductor tells son to turn self in
Updated: Friday, September 09, 2011 09:25 PM EDT

FERNIE AND SPARWOOD, B.C. - The mother of the suspected abductor of a three-year-old Sparwood, B.C., boy has apologized to the toddler's family and pleads for her son to come home.

"I would like to say I'm sorry if Randy has him," said Margaret Fink.

The 70-year-old mother calls her son Randall Peter Hopley, "Randy," the man suspected of abducting Kienan Hebert, who has been missing since Wednesday from the small southeastern B.C., community.

Fink said she hopes Hopley, 46, listens to her and comes home.

"I hope the little boy is safe and sound," said the mom as she broke down in tears at her Fernie, B.C., residence on Friday.

Randy, listen to your Mom, and do as she says!!!

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/07/missing-boy-may-have-been-sleepwalking

B.C. roadblocks part of hunt for alleged child abductor

Report of hitchhiker with little boy in northern B.C.

Vehicles were lined up at several RCMP roadblocks in northern B.C. on Friday evening. Police told drivers they were following up on a sighting of a hitchhiker with a little boy, said Paula Pawlovich.

The RCMP were also handing out flyers with photos of Hopley and Hebert on them, she told CBC News.

Pawlovich, who is driving from Whitehorse to Prince George with her daughter, said they've gone through four roadblocks in two hours as police stop each vehicle.

One was on the Alaska Highway, north of Dawson Creek, and the others were on Highway 97.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...09/bc-hopley-missing-kidnap-kienan-ferry.html
Note: This makes me wonder if the Kamloops sighting was true.

4 Roadblocks in 2 hours? GO LE!

This quite the span of geography, wow.

Highway #97 runs directly north out of Kamloops. Hmm.

Map:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=whitehorse&daddr=prince+george+to:Sparwood,+British+Columbia&hl=en&ll=55.002826,-124.980469&spn=13.410339,43.286133&sll=57.262285,-128.913395&sspn=12.653444,43.286133&geocode=FXt2ngMd8Ezz9ymBU7yAmERUUTFLNdBk6rc95A%3BFRC7NgMd-JOu-CnpD1nv95iIUzFQMHsqFTUBBQ%3BFXnY9gIdOPQm-SkHgN8wJlllUzE6hQxjxRBdNw&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=5

If I were his parent right now and I was having to hope that a pedophile who wanted to keep him alive had him rather than the alternatives....I think I would be going crazy. Prayers for this family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member