GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fink said it was unlikely her son would have travelled far.

“He loved Sparwood,” she said. Plus, “he’s got hardly any money and he didn’t ask me for any.”

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Information+continues+surface+search+missing+continues/5378006/story.html

More than 20 police investigators are interviewing people who know Hopley. They also conducted a thorough search of the his last known residence, in the backroom of a dilapidated trailer he shared with roommate and property owner Orville Sheets, on Friday.

The dilapidated red and yellow mobile home sits on an unpaved road at the edge of a creek that runs parallel to the town. The area is littered with rusted old cars and campervans with blocked windows.

Come on Randy! Be brave and come back to civilization.

This is just so upsetting. All these reports. LE and kind folk everywhere scouring for the dear child. Please let them find him. :(

New information surfaces as search for missing B.C. boy continues

There was a reported but unconfirmed sighting Friday afternoon in the Dawson Creek and Chetwynd area, said the RCMP.

“At about 2.30 pm, we received a complaint of a hitchhiker who resembled the suspect in the Amber Alert seen with a small child,” said Sgt. Darren Traichevich of Dawson RCMP.

At the time of going to press, road blocks had been put up in the area and ground checks with police dogs were being carried out.

“We are following this with all the resources we have, but so far it is unconfirmed,” he said.

More on Hopley's character.

He used 3 and 4 wheelers. His friend thinks Hopley didn't go far, and that we wouldn't harm Kienan.

Hopley had a girlfriend of sorts, for a while, but “that didn’t turn out very good for him.”

In addition to the camper van, Hopley kept an ATV and a three-wheeler.

He loved scouring the rugged back-country.

“If he does have the kid, he’s somewhere close by. Might be an old trappers cabin for all I know,” MacDonald speculated. “But it’s somewhere he can get to with his car, that’s what he’s using, that old car, so he can’t be too far.”

MacDonald said he’d never known Hopley to be violent. He didn’t think Kienan would be in mortal danger.

He’s pretty laid back and casual. I’ve worked with people who would throw fits and throw things around, and he’s not like that,” he said.

The boy with the hitchhiker was aged 3-4. Trying not to get hopes up, but, I think they are closing in on them!

UPDATE #4: Police are currently searching an area south of Dawson Creek after receiving a report this afternoon about a possible sighting of a missing boy and a man suspected of being his abductor.

“It’s a reported sighting not a confirmed sighting,” said Staff Sgt. Darren Traichevich, commander of the Dawson Creek RCMP detachment. “At about 2:30 this afternoon there was a report of a person hitchhiking on the side of Highway 97 about 30 kilometres south of Dawson Creek, and he had a young boy with him about the age of three or four, and the person reported this incident indicated that he (the man) appeared similar to the suspect identified in the amber alert.”

Traichevich said police have set up roadblocks along major highways and secondary roads in the area, and are conducting a ground search with the assistance of police dogs.
http://www.energeticcity.ca/fortstj...-roadblocks-between-chetwynd-and-fort-st-john

Is this what was meant by stretching the picture from the video and the picture with the hair down in the front for comparison:

Attachments

• Comparison Bangs and Stretched.png
    Comparison Bangs and Stretched.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 49
The boy with the hitchhiker was aged 3-4. Trying not to get hopes up, but, I think they are closing in on them!

Really hope they are closing in - it has been a fair amount of time now.

Looks like Highway 97 runs west to me not south from Dawson Creek. May just be the reporting. If it was on Highway 97 then Progress, BC would be a good place to look as it is 33 km from Dawson Creek.

Attachments

• Dawson Creek to Progress.png
    Dawson Creek to Progress.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
I have been to Frank's slide area and agree it is a very strange feeling standing there (had to get out and walk around).

I remember looking across at the mountain side and seeing old mine entrances in the side of the mountain. This is years ago and I mean many years ago - at the time I was there, I cannot say that I saw any cabins or roadways off the main road that I was on. But of course cabins/roads could have built since I was through that area exploring.

And I have been through Crows Nest Pass as well years ago.

Just sharing what personal knowledge (little) that I have of this very rugged area.

SOT...
WOW!! Had never heard of this slide or for that matter a town called Frank...Missed! Been through the crows nest a few times. Know all about the Hope/Princeton slide. Read the whole story on the Frank Slide tonight. Just WOW..so descriptive..made one almost feel as though they were there. Thanks for that.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/goweezer/canada/frank.htm

I don't think he has this child...I hope I'm right...two months rent...hmmm..wouldn't you keep that to survive on the lam? Makes no sense. The time span where he was etc. ??

Edit: Credit where credit is due..the quote didn't come through altogether.

Quote:Originally Posted by CrimeBella View Post
I've been to Franks slide and it's quite an experience... read up on it one day when you have time. It's very eerie being there.

Franks slide is if I recall correctly about 1/2 hour out of Sparwood... which would go in line with the car being at the home around 8 or 9 am....It is also between sparwood and pincher creek. If he dropped the boy off, and went back to the trailer for whatever reason...... Maybe Kienan is between Franks Slide and Pincher Creek?

I just wanted to say that this guy is a thief.

He steals and forages whatever he needs to survive.

He will steal money, food, transportation, gas, children.

He has no conscience.

LE is asking the motorists if they have seen the hitch hiker with the boy. Picture of the stopped vehicles at link. Twitter at bottom for updates.

RCMP set up several roadblocks Friday from Dawson Creek to Chetwynd and between Dawson Creek and Fort St John.
The roadblocks were in response to a tip from the public regarding the Amber Alert for Kienan Hebert.
Crews spent Friday afternoon stopping vehicles and asking if they had seen a hitchhiker along the highway between Dawson Creek and Chetwynd.

CJDC will have more on this story as it develops. Follow CJDC on twitter @cjdctv for updates.

http://www.cjdccountry.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=1535747

Maybe this LE just thought it at the time, and it was later proved false? :waitasec:

Late Friday, surveillance video from a gas station in Crowsnest Pass showed a man resembling Hopley making a purchase at the cash register. The video was recorded at about 7 a.m. Wednesday.

"I didn't realize I'd seen anything until a policeman came in, looked at our videotape and he showed me a man walking through the front door and said ‘that is our suspect,'" Johnson told CTV News.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110909/kienanroadblock/20110909/?hub=EdmontonHome

“Between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. I woke up I was sure I heard him, still here,” said Sheets whose three trailers are located by the river less than 1 km north of the Hebert residence.

“He wouldn’t make excess noise because he knew I was sleeping,” he said.

“I thought I heard, Randy is up and he’s going down the yard down there.”

The police came after 9:00 a.m. looking for Hopley, said Sheets.

Just before that Paul Hebert called 911 reporting his son was missing.

Sheets said the last time he saw Hopley was the last Tuesday night when the latter was cleaning his room.

Hopley was fixing something on his yellow camper in the yard and was walking back and forth between it and the house around midnight.

Sounds like the police were looking for Hopley immediately after they got the 911 call from Kienan's father.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/09/09/landlord-recalls-suspects-last-known-moves

Attachments

• Truck and Camper.png
    Truck and Camper.png
    480.8 KB · Views: 32
Just to clarify how that area works, because I see some confusion:

The Crowsnest Pass is a municipality of 5 small towns, of which Frank is the smallest. The towns are laid out, from east to west, in this order: Bellevue and Hillcrest (across the highway from each other), Frank, Blairmore, and Coleman. The Frank Slide is in the Pass, where Turtle Mountain fell down. It's not a town or anything of its own. Turtle Mountain(the mountain that fell) is between Hillcrest, Frank, and Blairmore (Frank and Blairmore are very close to each other, but on opposite sides of the highway). There are many, many logging roads, back roads, cabins, old buildings, abandoned mines, mountains, wilderness areas (the Kananaskis is right outside of Coleman, the Adanac is right outside of Hillcrest), etc. Further west are the Lakes (the ones I mentioned in a previous post), and then Sparwood, and then Fernie.

In the other direction (east), there is Lundbreck Falls (both a town and a camping area with secluded spots, and of course waterfalls), Cowley, Beaver Mines (where there are TONS of farms--that's where my family's farm is), and Pincher Creek. South of Beaver Mines is West Castle, which is a camping and wilderness area. Also going south is Waterton Lakes Provincial Park.

I'd be surprised if he was hitchhiking in northern BC with a stolen child, but I do hope they find him!!!

How do I get to the thread about this case in the Parking Lot?

I get so frustrated by some of these things. Ugh!

If you knew of a kidnapping in your area and thought you saw someone hitchhiking with what looked to be the abducted child, wouldn't you pull over somewhere inconspicuous or somehow turn around and keep an eye on them while calling 911 and stay until the police got there??? I know these citizens are doing the right thing to call the police, but if that WAS him and they were gone by the time police arrived...UGH...UGH....UGGGHHHH!

i wonder if Hopley's mom can confirm whether or not he likes Gatorade/Powerade (and maybe he even has a favorite flavor)? i'd also like to know if she thinks the person in the photo is him!

if i thought i saw Hopley/Kienan, i wouldn't take my eyes off of them until the police arrived... that's for "darn" sure!

p.s. i take it Hopley doesn't use a cell phone? so no pings to track...

I've read that Randall Hopley has a birthmark along his hairline, but I can't see anything like that in the picture (the one where his hair isn't covering his forehead). Anyone? I can't figure out what they're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay