DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted:

Independent group to do remote Amber Alert search
Smaller group to check more remote areas

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sarah Gasparetto is from a town near Sparwood but now lives in Calgary, she and a friend have organized a smaller search party which will leave the Fort MacLeod A&W restaurant at 9 a.m. today.

With an intimate knowledge of the area she says the goal is simply to get into areas the main search party may not be able to reach. "Growing up there gave us a perspective on all the little nooks and crannies that are hidden in the valley," she says. "There's a lot of hidden valleys and regions that a lot of hikers or people going camping or hunting specifically use. It's usually only known within the locals who have lived there for awhile."

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article/275720--independent-group-to-do-remote-amber-alert-search

I feel like this is going to be key to finding them. You have got to use locals to find this guy, IMO. I feel he wouldn't have gone far, and I hope those using the scent dogs go with the locals to search. Looking at his prior squatting, he would have had to move materials and food to his new hideout. Seems like the perps scent would be strong as he would have likely made many trips to and from his hideout. Also, I feel he would stay close as he would know all the shops and homes he could break into to steal food from. I don't think he would feel "safe" taking Kienan out of his own comfort zone. How large is that comfort zone though? :waitasec:

This is creepy, I hope the police are searching all the remote cabins around the area, I have a feeling he is not that far. Seems to be a creature of habit looking at his background.
Being busted in 2007 when he had the picture of the boy and such tells alot, and is probably the main reason police went straight over to his residence. He has had 4 years to refine his "obsession" of finding a child to take. He is patient, he is a watcher, he even admitted to knowing all about police response time, this man is the scary kind because he has it all worked out carefully.........

I still think he will be found in a cabin like he was before and one he can get to with his vehicle, one that has been abandoned perhaps.....

Prayers for Kienan safe return :praying:

Yes..what you said. I think he either got there in his car, or a stolen 4-wheeler or boat he had stashed.

Praying that Kienan is found soon! This just breaks my heart! I live in Vancouver and also have been in Sparwood and Fernie and also the Crowsnest Pass a number of times.

Sparwood and Fernie are small communities where many know each other. To think that this perp took this child is awful!

I was listening to AM Radio 1130 and was impressed that they were announcing the amber alert about Kienan every 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. I wish all the radio stations would do that, especially the FM stations.

I hope that LE and the people living in the areas in question are thinking about property thefts and the items taken or missing from local residences and businesses since RH has been out on bail. Perhaps they can narrow down a general location where he might have been "setting up shop" this way.

MOO

Please watch the video at this link with the Hopley's history. He has been violent and convicted of assault. A psychiatrist deemed him at risk to re-offend. A female acquaintance was assaulted by him at a public library, etc.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...09/bc-hopley-missing-kidnap-kienan-ferry.html

Yes, while family and friends can be somewhat biased on what a person is capable of, LE has the benefit of looking at past criminal history to determine the level of danger a person poses. And these are just the events that he was caught and charged with. There could be many more instances that he may be tied to that LE is unaware of.

MOO

Please watch the video at this link with the Hopley's history. He has been violent and convicted of assault. A psychiatrist deemed him at risk to re-offend. A female acquaintance was assaulted by him at a public library, etc.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...09/bc-hopley-missing-kidnap-kienan-ferry.html

It was in 1985 where he pleaded guilty to sexual assault. He was 21 years old and this is when his lawyer called him "borderline retarded" and the psychologist stated he was at risk to re-offend. What were the details of the crime he committed in back in the 80's? Did it involve a child? If it did, how likely is it he has been doing similar crimes against children since then? 1985???

I feel like this is going to be key to finding them. You have got to use locals to find this guy, IMO. I feel he wouldn't have gone far, and I hope those using the scent dogs go with the locals to search. Looking at his prior squatting, he would have had to move materials and food to his new hideout. Seems like the perps scent would be strong as he would have likely made many trips to and from his hideout. Also, I feel he would stay close as he would know all the shops and homes he could break into to steal food from. I don't think he would feel "safe" taking Kienan out of his own comfort zone. How large is that comfort zone though? :waitasec:
I too agree with you both mysticrose and kissdegirl. I think he probably wont be driving his old car too far. It might be out of sight, under big trees or inside a garage for all we know. It's good that people keep an eye for the car, but I feel leg work and K-9 units are going to find him. Like you said his scent is probably strong.

I am wondering if LE is looking into surveillance video from days prior to the abduction. If he was going back and forth from his 'hideout' to town to get supplies and gas up, his car could have been caught by video, and give an idea of where he headed to.

It was in 1985 where he pleaded guilty to sexual assault. He was 21 years old and this is when his lawyer called him "borderline retarded" and the psychologist stated he was at risk to re-offend. What were the details of the crime he committed in back in the 80's? Did it involve a child? If it did, how likely is it he has been doing similar crimes against children since then? 1985???
I'm not sure about that first crime, but I was also thinking the same, and couldn't help but think of:

Michael Dunahee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:(

I'm not sure about that first crime, but I was also thinking the same, and couldn't help but think of:

I was able to find out that he plead guilty to sexual assault in some "matters relating to children." Whatever that means. It sounds like he hurt at least one kid back then.

I'll have to read about Dunahee again, it's been awhile.

I was able to find out that he plead guilty to sexual assault in some "matters relating to children." Whatever that means. It sounds like he hurt at least one kid back then.

I'll have to read about Dunahee again, it's been awhile.

Apparently those parole records are destroyed after 10 years so the charge is somewhat vague.

Dunahee wouldn't fit what seems to be his MO though- there's a huge difference between snatching a child from a busy playground and taking them at night after breaking and entering. People who know Hopley seem to mention that he is cautious, a thief, underhanded. Dunahee's disappearance seems way to dangerous for this coward. It would be amazing to have an answer for Dunahee's family though.

Apparently those parole records are destroyed after 10 years so the charge is somewhat vague.

Our system sucks, criminal records are not like a credit report (clears in 7 years)! WTH????

Our system sucks, criminal records are not like a credit report (clears in 7 years)! WTH????

I was shocked too matou. How could any criminal records be destroyed while the person is still alive? :waitasec:

60 officers on the case for Kienan...

SPARWOOD -- Police have nearly tripled the number of investigators assigned to root out the location of missing toddler Kienan Hebert, 3, and his suspected abductor Randall Hopley.

Cpl. Dan Moskaluk, B.C. RCMP spokesman, said 60 officers had been assigned to the case, in addition to the hundreds of search and rescue volunteers still combing the densely wooded areas close to Kienan’s home.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/I...ood+abductor/5382748/story.html#ixzz1XZBuUqxW

New pictures at this link too...

LE and the public are doing an incredible job (except the AA in AB)

Please find Kienan. Please let today be the day. :(

I was shocked too matou. How could any criminal records be destroyed while the person is still alive? :waitasec:

The more I think about it, the more this bothers me. Parole records might be destroyed, but there is no record of the case details? I don't believe that, but I also don't buy a mass conspiracy. I've had a look on the RCMP website, and the records should not have been purged if he was convicted:

Policy On The Retention/Disposal Of Criminal Records

Criminal Records are retained until the subject of the record is eighty (80) years of age with no criminal activity reported in the last ten (10) years, except where the subject:

has been sentenced to life imprisonment.
has been designated a "dangerous offender", and/or is still under the sentence of a court.
is still the subject of a prohibition order which has not expired.
has an outstanding warrant or an interest has been expressed by an agency engaged in the execution or administration of the law.

In each of these instances, the criminal record is retained until:

the subject completes his/her sentence and remains crime free for a period of ten years.
the subject attains one hundred (100) years of age.

If he was given a discharge, the 10 year limit would also not apply- it's off the record in 1 or 3 years- information is kept on file, but is not accessible to police.RCMP website Am I reading this information wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member