GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference going on, updates here.

Some of the details from the liveblog:

Kienan's parents Paul and Tammy Hebert at presser for brief. RCMP confirm the boy was abducted.

Attempted abuduction of child in Sparwood before Kienan was taken, RCMP reveal for first time.

Parents Paul & Tammy last saw Kienan, 3, when they put him to bed Tuesday. RCMP confirmed he was abducted after break-in.

Another attempted abduction of another child the same night that Kienan was taken .... good Lord give me strength.

http://live.theprovince.com/Event/RCMP_news_conference_in_Sparwood

B.C. RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk confirmed that the boy was abducted in a news conference on Saturday, destroying the family’s earlier hopes
that the toddler had wandered away in his sleep.

Further, Moskaluk said an earlier abduction attempt was made on
another child on Wednesday morning, just before Kienan disappeared.
Kienan has now been missing for three days. The family addressed the
abductor directly through the media. Facing half a dozen cameras, they
spoke while sitting in a makeshift white tent set up on a gravel lot
outside the Sparwood fire hall, about a kilometer from where Kienan
disappeared on Wednesday.

This is very disheartening to hear that there weren't alerts to the community on the first abduction attempt.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/09/08/bc-amber-alert-hebert-questions.html

Now, here comes the second guessing. I thought that LE were pretty quick off the mark. The press releases came in a fairly timely fashion, and, until they had a suspect, they couldn't really issue an Amber Alert. Hindsight is always easy.In the end, I just hope little Kienan comes back home safe to his family, where he belongs.

bbm, there has been changes in Ontario iirc, If they have enough description of the abductor, the vehicle or the child they can issue an alert, before it had to be all three.

Also, they can merely believe the child is abducted, without proof. I don't think BC has updated their criteria though afaik. JMO

I wonder what the father meant by Kienan can't speak? I'm even more upset now knowing this guy tried to abduct another child. Did LE know this? Is that why when Kienan was abducted they immediately named Hopley as a suspect?

Where is Kienan?

Chasing down details about attempted child abduction in Sparwood same night Kienan was snatched. Why not revealed til now? #AmberAlert
by susanlazaruk via twitter 4:38 PM

police don't know. “@karranfinlay: @SusanLazaruk Terrifying...any idea where abductor is heading?”
by susanlazaruk via twitter 4:36 PM

Lots of questions about attempted abduction of 2nd child the same night in Sparwood. Don't know if newser is to resume. #AmberAlert

http://live.theprovince.com/Event/RCMP_news_conference_in_Sparwood#

Missing B.C. boy's family speak out

RCMP investigating second attemped abduction

Further, Moskaluk said an earlier abduction attempt was made on
another child on Wednesday morning, just before Kienan disappeared.
Kienan has now been missing for three days. The family addressed the
abductor directly through the media. Facing half a dozen cameras, they
spoke while sitting in a makeshift white tent set up on a gravel lot
outside the Sparwood fire hall, about a kilometer from where Kienan
disappeared on Wednesday.

ok I'm really confused now. If Kienan was abducted Tuesday night into very early morning Wednesday, what time did the second attempt happen and where was Kienan?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...bc-missing-boy-sparwood-press-conference.html

eta: Nevermind, I should read the whole article

Moskaluk said that police also learned that another child was targeted, perhaps by the same individual who took Kienan, at around the same time.

"The RCMP is also investigating second attemped abduction that occurred early Wednesday morning prior to Kienan being abducted," Moskaluk said. "However, the person was unable to successfully lure the child out of that home."

Moskaluk said that upwards of 60 investigators were working on the case.

Missing B.C. boy's family speak out

RCMP investigating second attemped abduction

ok I'm really confused now. If Kienan was abducted Tuesday night into very early morning Wednesday, what time did the second attempt happen and where was Kienan?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...bc-missing-boy-sparwood-press-conference.html

eta: Nevermind, I should read the whole article

The abduction was unsuccessful because he was unable to "lure" the child out of the house. I wonder if he "lured" Keinan out of the house......

Link to video of the press conference, where Kienan's parents plead with the abductor.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/missing-boy/#clip529933

- LE confirms that Kienan was abducted and did not wander off

- parents plea to abductor to drop Kienan of in a public, safe place where he could be found by others. Mention that Kienan can't speak, so he wouldn't be able to pass on any information about his abduction or abductor.

- LE confirms that there was an attempted abduction of another child earlier that morning, right before Kienan was taken, but the perpetrator was unsuccessful in luring the child out of the house

At no time during the conference does LE mention the abductor's name.

Link to CTV's discussion and analysis of the press conference:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/missing-boy/#clip529934

Link to video of the press conference, where Kienan's parents plead with the abductor.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/missing-boy/#clip529933

- LE confirms that Kienan was abducted and did not wander off

- parents plea to abductor to drop Kienan of in a public, safe place where he could be found by others. Mention that Kienan can't speak, so he wouldn't be able to pass on any information about his abduction or abductor.

- LE confirms that there was an attempted abduction of another child earlier that morning, right before Kienan was taken, but the perpetrator was unsuccessful in luring the child out of the house

At no time during the conference does LE mention the abductor's name.

Link to CTV's discussion and analysis of the press conference:

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/missing-boy/#clip529934

bbm I noticed that too. :waitasec:

I wonder if they're starting to question whether Hopley is the guy. Maybe the second victim gave a description and it wasn't Hopley????

I wonder what the father meant by Kienan can't speak? I'm even more upset now knowing this guy tried to abduct another child. Did LE know this? Is that why when Kienan was abducted they immediately named Hopley as a suspect?

Where is Kienan?

Kienan won't be able to tell police any info about where he was held, etc. because he can't speak in sentences yet. JMO

Kienan won't be able to tell police any info about where he was held, etc. because he can't speak in sentences yet. JMO

Pretty much. From this article:
Hebert pointed out that his son cannot speak, so "he can't tell us who you are. This is your chance right now to get away. All we want is Kienan to come back with us and to be safe in our arms again."

When asked at a follow-up news conference about Kienan's verbal skills, Moskaluk said the little boy is "the watcher and the thinker" in his family, but he does not speak a great deal.

"He's not that articulate, he doesn't talk a lot," Moskaluk said, pointing out that Kienan will likely be unable to describe his kidnapper for police or say where he was taken.

Given his age, I can believe it. Neither of my kids (near to Kienan's age) would be able to describe a person who abducted them, and they are both fairly verbal. Some kids at that age would be able to, but if Kienan doesn't talk well he probably wouldn't be much help in making an ID.

I don't understand the comment about the earlier abduction attempt--' he was not able to lure the child out of the home.'

Couldn't he just pick up the child and take him? Or was he not actually in the home? He did break into Kienan's home though-correct? So there was no luring needed. I guess he just wrapped him in those 3 little blankets, grabbed the 2 cars and split?

I wonder if they're starting to question whether Hopley is the guy. Maybe the second victim gave a description and it wasn't Hopley????

More likely they have instructions from a profiler on not referring to him by name in the pc. either to get him mad he isn't getting the attention, or the reverse, to not be confrontational.

I don't understand the comment about the earlier abduction attempt--' he was not able to lure the child out of the home.'

Couldn't he just pick up the child and take him? Or was he not actually in the home? He did break into Kienan's home though-correct? So there was no luring needed. I guess he just wrapped him in those 3 little blankets, grabbed the 2 cars and split?

Maybe he got into the house but "lured" them instead of grabbing them, in case the child started crying :(

I take it to mean that the abductor wasn't inside the 1st house, just trying to get the kid to come outside.

And I thought I read that the 'cars' refers to 2 of the 3 blankets... 'Cars' blankets, as in the movie 'Cars'. Not little car toys. I may have read that wrong, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs