GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This precious little boy so needs to be home in his family’s arms. Kienan I am praying for you.

I wonder how much food Hopley bought at the grocery store?

Mother of man wanted over missing B.C. boy saw her son just hours before Kienan disappeared

“He just said he was going grocery shopping. That’s all he said. He didn’t say too much,” said Ms. Fink, noting Mr. Hopley - one of her six children - often came to town for the better shopping options than Sparwood.

She said her son declined the offer of a cup of tea during the visit, which came at about 2 p.m. as she was watching television.

Before he left, he gave her a big hug. “He seemed to be all right. He said, `I’m going home.’ That’s all he said.”

Then there is this:

She said he was good with children at family gatherings. Ms. Fink has six grandchildren. “He’s all right with them.”

She said her son, who was born and raised in Fernie, is a loner. “He seems to like to do things by himself and alone. Even when he’s here, it seems like he wants to go off by himself,” she said. “He always was like a loner. He liked to be by himself.”

Investigators are following leads that suggest Mr. Hopley, may have been in Kamloops as recently as Thursday night.

Meanwhile Friday, police also reported multiple unconfirmed sightings of Mr. Hopley in British Columbia and Alberta.

Other tips have pointed to Alberta, although Mounties would not specify where in the province Mr. Hopley, his older model Toyota Camry or Kienan have been spotted.

“There are possible unconfirmed sightings in Alberta and B.C.,” said Alberta RCMP Sergeant Patrick Webb.

Investigators are contacting all known family members, friends and associates of Mr. Hopley.

“People tend to go back to their comfort zone,” Sgt. Webb said.

So emotional right now as I finish packing up to head out to Fernie. Driving through Sparwood will be strange this time ~ knowing what has happened there.

I'm anxious to get to our property to check everything out. Yet, I'm scared I might find something....does that make sense? Thankfully our neighbors out there have been diligent in keeping watch for us.

Part of me wants to wait until my DH can leave and go together but, another part of me wants to just get there.

This is just so close to home ~ sorry for the spill. I know that alot of you know these feelings.

JMO Being this was the last long weekend before school starts, most people have been closing down their cabins for the winter. So if he's looking to squat, he's going to have lots of choices. But he probably will go to an area he is familiar with. Could make it hard to find him.

I agree. Where I am from (Canadian prairies) a lot of the seasonal trailer parks shut down after the September long weekend. The provincial and federal parks usually shut down their camping sites too.

I bet there have been a lot of petty thefts going on for some time and this creep either has a place already or right now his car is his lair and he is planning on squatting for the winter.

So emotional right now as I finish packing up to head out to Fernie. Driving through Sparwood will be strange this time ~ knowing what has happened there.

I'm anxious to get to our property to check everything out. Yet, I'm scared I might find something....does that make sense? Thankfully our neighbors out there have been diligent in keeping watch for us.

Part of me wants to wait until my DH can leave and go together but, another part of me wants to just get there.

This is just so close to home ~ sorry for the spill. I know that alot of you know these feelings.

Take care, Koolmum, and stay safe.

Thank-you for caring about Kienan.

Reported sighting of Hopley on Wednesday Morning in Frank, AB. Of course this goes directly against the landlord's account of hearing someone in the trailer, unless somehow Hopley drove Kienan somewhere south east of Sparwood, got gas in Frank, AB, then went home to his trailer to pack up, then back again?

43 KM's / 40 Minutes away down Highway #3.

The Crowsnest Highway is right there. I do wonder if Hopley was heading to the area he knew so well, the one where he was arrested? I guess he had to drive past Crowsnest, AB, to get to that gas station. Is this sighting false?

Map from Whiskey Jack Resort to Frank, AB:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=120+Spruce,+Sparwood,+BC+(Whiskey+Jack+Resort)&daddr=15233+-+20th+Ave,+Frank,+AB+T0K+0E0+(Fas+Gas+Frank+Slide+Service)&hl=en&sll=49.587568,-114.743958&sspn=0.471851,1.582031&geocode=FQDf9gIdsgcn-SFrzCLYVeZ2qSnBL4h8J1llUzHvtuOMbIIjiQ%3BFfbR9AIdDVku-SG7IPsYTK_hng&vpsrc=0&gl=ca&mra=pd&t=m&z=11

As well, staff at a Fas Gas station in the town of Frank claim they saw Hopley come in between 7 and 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday and reported seeing him to the police.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...ienan_search_110909/20110909/?hub=CalgaryHome

Jeepers, maybe Hopley really was heading to Pincher Creek.

Look at that Map. If the Fas Gas sighting is correct, that's on the way to Pincher Creek. :waitasec:

Still nothing on the little guy? Taken from the one place a child should be safe. How many kids have to be kidnapped, abused, and murdered before we start looking at locking these creeps away for life? People like this have nothing good to contribute to society. What's really sad is that once/if this guy is caught and convicted he will still be young enough when he gets out of prison to carry out the plans he's had time to conjure up for his next victim.

OMG that ctv story about cabin he broke into and "renovated" makes me sick to my stomach.
Thanks to those who transcribed the presser.

I don't know why, but every time I look at the picture of the creep/POI, I think of Clifford Olsen.

I'm happy that the media is using the plea from the suspect's mother in this. I believe this could help and he could release Kienan. I wonder if he'll get the message though, if he goes somewhere with Kienan and there isn't a TV, etc.

Maybe this is out in left field, but thinking about the perp's obsession with kids world, could he have taken Kienan to some kiddy places as sort of a last hurrah roadtrip? I am thinking in terms of fairs, parks, McD's, movie theatre,zoo that sort of thing - besides they would not standout as much surrounded by other kids.Could he even be pushing a babystroller?

Maybe this is out in left field, but thinking about the perp's obsession with kids world, could he have taken Kienan to some kiddy places as sort of a last hurrah roadtrip? I am thinking in terms of fairs, parks, McD's, movie theatre,zoo that sort of thing - besides they would not standout as much surrounded by other kids.Could he even be pushing a babystroller?

Every McDonalds etc. in the area and surrounding area needs to have their staff on alert in case this creep goes through the drive thru to get a happy meal or something.

Every McDonalds etc. in the area and surrounding area needs to have their staff on alert in case this creep goes through the drive thru to get a happy meal or something.

Ohhhhhhh.....apparently he told his mom he was going grocery shopping. So maybe he's not planning on stopping anywhere for food for awhile, or to use a drive through.

http://twitter.com/#!/cbcnewsbc/status/112287111511683073 (CBC News Twitter account):

A B.C. ferry en route to Victoria has returned to dock in Tsawwassen in connection with the Amber Alert re 3-yr-old Kienan Hebert.

Hope it's something good!

Edit: More details here

The 2 p.m. ferry from Tsawassen to Swartz Bay, outside of Victoria, was turned around in the middle of its journey. Passengers say an annoucement by the captain said the detour was linked to the Amber Alert.

Map from Tsawwassen to Victoria:

Attachments

• Tsawwassen to Victoria.png
    Tsawwassen to Victoria.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors