GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is possible and could be why the bf did not report her missing. With Loretta's apparent drug addiction, it could be possible that the bf was "used" to her being out all night or for a day or two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From all reports Loretta had overcome her addiction and was a very bright and promising student. 3 months pregnant and delighted. Based on various links here. I believe she had turned her life around and was headed to a wonderful future. I do know a little about methadone. Good friend of mines daughter is now on it. Thankfully. Apparently some are on methadone for years after beating the initial drug addiction. Not sure exactly what the guidelines are for duration. Urine tests are frequent for drug screening in order to stay in the methadone program.

That was my thought to she said she worked for the Department of National Defense....I think not

Yes and not even a College diploma-a certificate program. Not slamming any certificate programs just her claims. Just bouncing off your post with my last comment.

Once we ended the more prescriptive segment of our meeting, I finally looked Loretta in the eye and expressed out loud what I had previously written in an email. I stammered in a way a bit foreign to me, since I’m not in the habit of expressing such awe and gratitude to my students. Despite my awkwardness, a tear welled up in her eyes, as it did in mine. We both looked down, away from each other. A thought kept circulating in my mind: “How does Loretta do it?”

I have been overwhelmed with a feeling of powerlessness in the past few days, only temporarily replaced by flurries of activity and moments of tender care with loved ones.

Since Monday, I've been thinking obsessively about getting to read the rest of that project sometime soon because it's far easier than wondering about where she might be. She can express her passion and belief in justice for indigenous women in ways that are utterly arresting, given her own will to live and thrive in a world that, it seems, does way too much to deny her the very possibilities that so much of us take for granted.

snipped from http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/loretta-saunders-courage-strength-and-resilience/21773

Well, no one ever said professors didn't have peculiar mannerisms.. Hmm. In any case, poor guy. At least he's not saying things like "How could I have prevented this?" or something that would read quite silly (to me). MOO

Her thesis supervisor is Mi'kmaq. He was likely emotionally blown away by what she is trying to convey in her thesis all while going through her own demons. JMO

I got lost when I went for my job interview in Harrow many years ago. I wnet to the wrong school. When I think about it, Harrow has hardly changed in all those years.

No it hasn't changed at all... Although we finally have a Timmies opening in April finally ....

Sorry for the off topic

I know what you mean. As I read it it struck me as strange in places too. Then after reading his Twitter feed I came to the conclusion that in my opinion he seems to perhaps be someone who likes the spotlight. I don't mean that he is happy this has happened. I mean he seems to seek attention in several causes. He has been promoting his own articles/ interviews as much as the fact that she is missing. Not saying that there is anything wrong with it just that I find it a bit uncomfortable but to each their own .

Very nice article, but I find it odd.. Can't explain why...just strikes me as odd.

Very nice article, but I find it odd.. Can't explain why...just strikes me as odd.

It strikes me as odd too, but I think that is because such overt (and to me, sappy) praise is not usually given out in academia. I would never heap praise like that on any of my students and I never received praise like that during my MA or PhD - nor would I have wanted it. Indeed, if someone handed in a proposal that was way too long, I would penalize them for it. Having said that, I do think he is right that this is an important topic that needs to be studied and something that Canadians need to have important conversations about.

I hope she is found, although, like many of you, I have a feeling this won't end well.

Some of the user names:

goddess_4_u@hotmail.com

bubble_butt16

She is on instagram as metal_maggot as well.

Vicki, lived in my town and when I met her years ago she was "Victoria (Vicki) Galbraith. Then she changed her facebook to Victoria Love. I had never heard of the Hennebery name until it was in the media.

When I heard these 2 had connections it made so sick to my stomach, to say that I knew one of them :(

This case has been eerily similar to the Noelle Piquette case in my home town Sarnia. Hopefully the outcome isn't the same.

She is on instagram as metal_maggot as well.

Vicki, lived in my town and when I met her years ago she was "Victoria (Vicki) Galbraith. Then she changed her facebook to Victoria Love. I had never heard of the Hennebery name until it was in the media.

When I heard these 2 had connections it made so sick to my stomach, to say that I knew one of them :(

Welcome to WS genbug84. Three names as you have mentioned above: Love/Galgraith/Henneberry.

Has lived in St. John's Nfld, Halifax, Bedford, Pembroke and Calgary as near as I can figure out so far. Has gone to many schools (even one in the United States), worked at DND and has attended Dalhousie University and enrolled at Athabaskan University. Mind you this information is all taken with a huge grain of salt. She has been to the Dominican and a few places in Europe as well - again a grain of salt on this information.

I just keep wondering if anybody really knows who she is...really wonder what her true name is. LE is using Henneberry but ........

Once again welcome - from knowing her previously what are your thoughts/feelings on her being involved in something really sinister like this?

eleph

This case has been eerily similar to the Noelle Piquette case in my home town Sarnia. Hopefully the outcome isn't the same.

Welcome to WS CanaDAN - I think at this point we hope for the best but prepare for the worst possible outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back