GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd bump the query I had embedded in a meandering post --

Anyone else heard anything about LS being the primary caregiver to a younger sibling? This is something on of her profs said to CBC.

I keep wondering, where did that sibling live, with her at the bfs? Or as a roommate with these two, with her?

Just thought I'd bump the query I had embedded in a meandering post --

Anyone else heard anything about LS being the primary caregiver to a younger sibling? This is something on of her profs said to CBC.

I keep wondering, where did that sibling live, with her at the bfs? Or as a roommate with these two, with her?

I hadn't heard that before you posted it - and I have not listened to the interview her prof gave to CBC. I will search out the CBC interview and give it a listen later on tonight.

I had not heard that before

Thanks for posting, this seems the most important thing at this point..from your link..
bbm.

"Saunders's sister is asking anyone who has seen the missing woman or who may have seen her vehicle between Nova Scotia and Ontario to contact police.

Working with the Nova Scotia Native Women's Association, Delilah Saunders-Terriak, 21, spoke to reporters in Halifax on Friday morning.

"Someone had to have seen her car or the people driving her car,” she said."

Thanks for posting, this seems the most important thing at this point..from your link..
bbm.

"Saunders's sister is asking anyone who has seen the missing woman or who may have seen her vehicle between Nova Scotia and Ontario to contact police.

Working with the Nova Scotia Native Women's Association, Delilah Saunders-Terriak, 21, spoke to reporters in Halifax on Friday morning.

"Someone had to have seen her car or the people driving her car,” she said."

It bothers me that there is not more coverage in the Quebec media in regards to this case. Had they driven the Trans Canada they would have spent a huge amount of time in the province.

Fellow Sleuthers - looking at what has been presented, it would seem that Loretta did not reach her tenants when she arrived at her apartment building. They were there, and called a cab to take them to an 'arranged' meeting place when Loretta did in fact reach them by phone. That 'arranged' meeting place was the location of the take down of Loretta - they perhaps said meet us at a bank, and we will take out the money we owe you, and instead took her life, and then control of her car, and her wallet. I do believe they know where her body is. It is horrific.

I missed where they called a cab to meet Loretta. Was the cab driver's statement released?

Agreed, furthermore I thought they only had LS on video leaving the apartment. but yet the cab was at the apartment. Me=Confused. :p

Agreed, furthermore I thought they only had LS on video leaving the apartment. but yet the cab was at the apartment. Me=Confused. :p

A cab was at the apartment at 2:30PM on Feb 13. Police have spoken with that cab driver. They were hoping that the cab driver witnessed something related to the disappearance.

I think a major difference between this case and the 500+ allegedly missing women is that Loretta was reported missing, and the other 500 have not been reported missing and RCMP do not have names. It's impossible for anyone to be concermed about someone that has not been reported missing.

There is something wrong with the number of 600 and everyone knows it. It is not enough for a federally funded special interest group to claim that 600 people are missing and, at the same time, withhold the names of the alleged victims. It is also unexceptable to have no specific dates and locations.

Furthermore, one in five Canadians is a visible minority. It is absolutely untrue that Canadian investigators are only interested in doing their jobs if victims of crime are pretty white women.

I would absolutely expect law enforcement to investigate all disappearances with equal importance. However I also suspect that an aboriginal woman disappearing from a reserve under similar circumstances would not have illicited the same media coverage. In fact I'm sure a native woman HAS probably disappeared from a reserve or even a big city under similar circumstances. Other than the Picton case has there ever been a huge outcry? Why no arrests and tears for the Highway of Tears? 600 across Canada? Might not be so far off. MOO.

A cab was at the apartment at 2:30PM on Feb 13. Police have spoken with that cab driver. They were hoping that the cab driver witnessed something related to the disappearance.

Ya I knew that, but im just wondering if it was confirmed that the two left in a cab, as quoted above. And if so why weren't they on camera leaving and only LS. Basically just wondering if I missed a news release stating they they were at the apartment and called a cab.

But yes I see your point Otto. Many of those 600 may have simply walked away, moved to the cities etc. I hope that in this case Loretta has done the same.

Yes, Professor Madine Vanderplaat (Professor of Sociology) at the 1:59 mark of this video clearly states that Loretta was the primary care giver of a younger sibling. This is the first time I have heard this and completely missed this the other time when the interview was played.

Wonder what is meant by 'primary care giver' - did that mean a younger sibling was with her in Halifax or were funds being sent to support a younger sibling in her home town. Would the younger sister Deliah (sp?) be the one as she just recently started a job in BC?

Sure leaves a question in one's mind.

Ya I knew that, but im just wondering if it was confirmed that the two left in a cab, as quoted above. And if so why weren't they on camera leaving and only LS. Basically just wondering if I missed a news release stating they they were at the apartment and called a cab.

We don't know what the cab driver had to say, and I think that police only stated that Loretta was seen leaving the apartment to let people know that they need information from anyone that saw her after she left.

Yes, Professor Madine Vanderplaat (Professor of Sociology) at the 1:59 mark of this video clearly states that Loretta was the primary care giver of a younger sibling. This is the first time I have heard this and completely missed this the other time when the interview was played.

Wonder what is meant by 'primary care giver' - did that mean a younger sibling was with her in Halifax or were funds being sent to support a younger sibling in her home town. Would the younger sister Deliah (sp?) be the one as she just recently started a job in BC?

Do you know when the sister that's name starts with a D moved to BC. I saw another article I am having trouble finding that has friends talking about Loretta I will try find it

Do you know when the sister that's name starts with a D moved to BC. I saw another article I am having trouble finding that has friends talking about Loretta I will try find it

The sister whose name starts with D reported to work in BC on January 31st 2014.

But yes I see your point Otto. Many of those 600 may have simply walked away, moved to the cities etc. I hope that in this case Loretta has done the same.

That's not my point at all. Of the 600 persons that are allegedly missing, 118 names have been provided to RCMP, and only 54% of those have been verified.

I'm curious. Is the belief that investigators don't care about aboriginals, or do they not care about the 20% of Canadians that are visible minorities?

Sure wish I could read Loretta's thesis on this. Sounds like she did phenomenal work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back