CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the 2 suspects either broke down or made it look like they broke down and flagged a car down. The person who was just trying to be helpful ultimately was killed and they took off in his vehicle.
yeah this is my thought pattern here, or they actually took his jeep or whatever quite a bit back, they said 2km back behind them they found the body from the camper, so they stole the guys car and one of the boys drove the camper further down the road, they torch the camper and they then both jump into the stolen car and keep going leaving a body behind and a burnt out camper van

Thanks for posting this.
you are welcome

yeah this is my thought pattern here, or they actually took his jeep or whatever quite a bit back, they said 2km back behind them they found the body from the camper, so they stole the guys car and one of the boys drove the camper further down the road, they torch the camper and they then both jump into the stolen car and keep going leaving a body behind and a burnt out camper van

you are welcome
Ahhh good point, trying to get the torched vehicle away from the dead body so hopefully it wouldn't be discovered so easily. Then again why didn't they just drag their poor victims in to the woods other than they were in a hurry.

first thing i'd do is find another car and torch my own, its step 1 in hiding your tracks to a crime and evidence

Right. I was just pointing out that the timeline is a bit wonky. They seemed to have acquired the grey car first, then torched their own car. L and C were killed first, then K and B's truck was found burning, then the third victim was found. The witness described a grey car at the L&C scene on July 14. Agreed that they'd probably torch a car that had forensic evidence, however, there's no mention of their own car as being the locus of that evidence.

Two teenagers previously considered to be missing are now suspects in the murder of a young couple and the death of an unidentified man in northern B.C., the RCMP said Tuesday.

[...]

“Investigators have been able to confirm that Kam McLeod and Bryer Schegelsky have left British Columbia and have been spotted in northern Saskatchewan. We believe that they’re likely continuing to travel,” said RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoihet during Tuesday’s press conference.

The suspects were last seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4.

However, Shoihet was quick to note that the suspects may have switched vehicles, or even altered their appearances.

Last week, a burnt-out truck belonging to the two young men was found on Highway 37 near Dease Lake in northern B.C. Two kilometres away, RCMP discovered the body of an unknown man.

[...]

Police initially investigated the disappearance of McLeod and Schmegelsky as missing cases. But they say there’s now evidence to consider them suspects in the three murders.

The teenagers are from Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. Last week, police said they were travelling in a truck with a sleeping camper through B.C. on their way to Whitehorse to look for work.

[...]

Police were able to confirm the suspects’ whereabouts and label them as suspects in both cases after tips from the public following a press conference on Monday. They did not release any additional information about McLeod or Schmegelsky, citing the ongoing nature of the investigations.

Teens considered missing now suspects in 3 B.C. deaths

It's the full version of gas station video the RCMP posted in their press release at yesterday's PC. There was a link to it back in the other thread. I just saw a portion of it in a news article where you could see a guy walking out of the store in the lower right corner of the photo. Just glimpse, but it did resemble Kam.

Will try to find it. So many articles have text and video that have been updated.
Watch the young man at the 9:40 onward mark on the top video..... Is that one of the teen suspects ?....moo

This is the best I can grab from the video of the man walking by. If you start looking around 2:17 or so, you can very briefly see his face better. He briefly glances over at Chynna, then keeps walking out of the frame

Attachments

• Fowlermurdermangasstation.jpg
    Fowlermurdermangasstation.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 137
DW left his vehicle behind though, in North Dakota and someone allegedly picked him up to drive him to Winnipeg. If teens attempt to do the same, they would be on foot. JMO

No, I agree, zecats. And I'm not suggesting they headed to the US or anything. I'm just saying 24 hours is a long time and for someone determined, you could get pretty far away from northern Saskatchewan.

They could even turn around and get right back to Liard Hot Springs in northern BC or Watson Lake, YK from Prince Albert in 24 hours.

One possible saving grace here is that, with the exception of Quebec and Ontario, the RCMP are the only LE agency in most of rural Canada, so no inter-jurisdictional communication delays between different agencies or local/county /provincial police getting reports about an abandoned Rav 4 or stolen vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member