CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire situation is sickening. I feel so horrible for the families; the initial horror of the two teens parents thinking they'd gone missing, to them now being the suspects of a double homicide. Chynna and Lucas' families, grieving the loss of their respective children, and the unidentified male from the Dease Lake incident.

I feel in my heart that it's not long until LE closes in on B and K. They're getting closer, the public is aware, hell, I'm on vacation in Oregon right now and it was on ABC.

I work in the legal field, and in my own spare time, I obviously enjoy keeping up to date with various cases. But something about this one leaves such a sore spot in my heart. Not that anybody does, but Chynna and Lucas didn't deserve this. It's odd to not know someone at all but feel so strongly about their character.

B and K have pinned themselves down with their travel to Gillam, I think. It's a very remote area and the routes are limited. Unless maybe part of their plan, once they've finished travelling via vehicle, is to escape into the wilderness and put whatever skills they think they have to use. Eerie that once more, they've turned to burning the vehicle.

I think they will take their lives as well.
That's what concerns me though ... they have nothing to lose now. Three counts of 1st degree murder already and they get automatic life sentences, possible/likely multiple life sentences of 25 years; they can each be looking at up to 75 years each.

I strongly fear they will take more lives because they know they will never get out of jail.
i think they will take their own lives as well. However, I don’t think they will do that much time...meaning 20 if that. Jmo. But, who knows as we don’t know all the circumstances.

Last edited:
That's what concerns me though ... they have nothing to lose now. Three counts of 1st degree murder already and they get automatic life sentences, possible/likely multiple life sentences of 25 years; they can each be looking at up to 75 years each.

I strongly fear they will take more lives because they know they will never get out of jail.

I think at this point, they're most likely to take their own lives, or have a violent stand-off with RCMP. But I can also see them being caught by someone; they see them, B and K realize they've been spotted, retaliate by murdering them. It's all too scary.

If they do get caught and mental illness is determined...that can change the sentencing. For example Vince Li who beheaded a 22 year male on a bus in Canada. He was in a psychiatric hospital for a few years and is now out on the streets.

Also, there was a young guy in Calgary who stabbed and killed a few people at a party...again mental health issues...how much time is he doing? He killed five people and was found not criminally responsible.

For both of the above, their behaviour was deemed to be related to psychotic episodes. So are these two having psychotic episodes?

Not saying I agree with these sentences but this can be reality in Canada.

Last edited:
If they do get caught and mental illness is determined...that can change the sentencing. For example Vince Li who beheaded a 22 year male on a bus in Canada. He was in a psychiatric hospital for a few years and is now out on the streets.

Also, there was a young guy in Calgary who stabbed and killed a few people at a party...again mental health issues...how much time is he doing? He killed five people and was found not criminally responsible.

For both of the above their behaviour was deemed to be related to psychotic episodes. So are these two having psychotic episodes?

Good points. I do think this case is more similar to Tim Bosma’s killers than the two you note and will likely end up with a similar sentence. But anything is possible.

Good points. I do think this case is more similar to Tim Bosma’s killers than the two you note and will likely end up with a similar sentence. But anything is possible.

Personally, I think they will end up in psychiatric hospitals for an undetermined amount of time. That is they don’t end their lives first. I don’t see it being similar to the Tim Bosnia killers situation but that is just my opinion.

I think they will take their lives as well.

i think they will take their own lives as well. However, I don’t think they will do that much time...meaning 20 if that. Jmo. But, who knows as we don’t know all the circumstances.

I think you're right. This is Canada. Serial killer Karla Homolka got out in how many years? And now happily lives on a tropical island with her husband and three kids.

For both of the above, their behaviour was deemed to be related to psychotic episodes. So are these two having psychotic episodes?

True. It's scary. To me if someone goes crazy enough to kill like that they should be locked safely away for life. Imagine sawing someone's head off. He should be in a hospital setting for the rest of his life.

Once a person goes psychotic they're prone to it. I learned that from a teacher I met who had a full blown psychotic episode. Her psychiatrist told her that and it was true as a year later it happened again. Now she has to be cared for by family and can't teach.

I think at this point, they're most likely to take their own lives, or have a violent stand-off with RCMP. But I can also see them being caught by someone; they see them, B and K realize they've been spotted, retaliate by murdering them. It's all too scary.

It would be so hard to pretend you don't know who they are if you were serving them at the counter of a gas station with a convenience store or something. Even if you tried not to show it, there would be something in your eyes the moment you realise, that one of the two would pick up on it.

Chynna Deese's mother appeals for information about murder of her daughter and Lucas Fowler
Sheila said she first met Lucas over the phone.

Chynna was staying at a hostel in Croatia and mentioned she had met a few Australian men.

"She called me one day [and said] the Aussie boys want to hear you speak," Sheila recalled.

When she replied with a classic North Carolina "hey y'all," she could hear Lucas erupting with laughter in the background.

Chynna and Lucas's relationship developed, and Sheila finally met the young man in person over the Christmas holidays.

"He just fit right in. He did traditions with us. He cooked with us," she said.

"He helped me paint my entire house," British added.

"We felt like he was part of the family pretty early on. He had both grandparents' approvals if that tells you anything. He went to Christmas on both sides of the family, and everyone just loved him," he said.

Sheila knew he was a keeper when he sent her daughter a box of her favourite cheesecake cookies for Valentine's Day.

Secretly, she began fretting that the couple might decide to move to Australia together. It seemed too far and foreign for her to visit.

"I'm not an experienced traveller as they were," she said.

"But today I would love to have that option."

Travel fuelled the couple's love
Travel was the couple's life passion, the lens through which they discovered themselves and their love for each other.

"If their life purpose was to travel the world, they were doing an amazing job by age 24," British said.

The two self-funded all their adventures, including 13 different countries for Chynna.

She studied abroad in Europe and worked her keep on a grape farm. Lucas served as a Canadian cattle hand just prior to his death.

Chynna was industrious and enthusiastic. Sheila was proud to recognise her daughter's signature spark in a CCTV video of the couple's last petrol stop.

In the video, Chynna got out of the van to clean the windows before falling into Lucas's arms in a moment of unmistakable joy.

"She's wiping the windows. That was my daughter. She doesn't just sit in the van, she's going to get out. She's not going to go in and get a soda or something. She's going to get out and clean the windows," Sheila said.

So it seems BS was/is sort of a lost soul, dropped out of HS, tried working w/ his dad,
then living w/ his grandmother, working at
Walmart, still playing imaginary games, few friends.
What do we know of KM's life? Have his parents or family spoken yet?
I get the feeling these 2 are modern day latch-
key boys. Just surviving but no real home life
w/ attentive, loving family in their lives on a regular basis. So they fill their lives w/ video
games, fantasy games out in the woods. They
seem a little old for this. Possibly emotionally
immature?
Maybe they feel they don't have much of a life to lose? Hopeless, boring lives.
moo

i would have tried to find a populated car park that has cars even overnight and left it there, easier to hide in plain sight and it doesn't draw attention, so yeah its a bit strange but when you might be involved in 3 murders.. everything is evidence and burning it is a good way to get rid of it

Right, it is better to leave it among a lot of other cars. But the drawback is that there are likely to be cameras on a populated overnight car park. And then during a trial, the prosecutors have solid evidence of them leaving the stolen vehicle there.

But the drawback is that there are likely to be cameras on a populated overnight car park. And then during a trial, the prosecutors have solid evidence of them leaving the stolen vehicle there.

not all that different from getting picked up by traffic cams driving the car, at least this way you'd had some time before someone found it i guess

How depressing to think that you don’t have much of a life to lose at 18, 19 years old. :( Man, I wish someone could have paid attention or intervened before things got to this point.
The picture I get is similar to the lives of the
Columbine killers. Young people who have a
roof over their heads but otherwise ignored or
neglected within their families. Emotional neglect and feelings of emptiness.
Young boys pretty much raising themselves.
I have a feeling this was planned as one last
exciting fantasy game. Little planning on details and just taking it a few hours at a time.
Burning their truck/camper tells me they have
no plans of surviving to need it.
They'll play cat and mouse w/ LE until the end.
This is their ultimate video game played out in real life.

Chynna Deese's mother appeals for information about murder of her daughter and Lucas Fowler
Sheila said she first met Lucas over the phone.

Chynna was staying at a hostel in Croatia and mentioned she had met a few Australian men.

"She called me one day [and said] the Aussie boys want to hear you speak," Sheila recalled.

When she replied with a classic North Carolina "hey y'all," she could hear Lucas erupting with laughter in the background.

Chynna and Lucas's relationship developed, and Sheila finally met the young man in person over the Christmas holidays.

"He just fit right in. He did traditions with us. He cooked with us," she said.

"He helped me paint my entire house," British added.

"We felt like he was part of the family pretty early on. He had both grandparents' approvals if that tells you anything. He went to Christmas on both sides of the family, and everyone just loved him," he said.

Sheila knew he was a keeper when he sent her daughter a box of her favourite cheesecake cookies for Valentine's Day.

Secretly, she began fretting that the couple might decide to move to Australia together. It seemed too far and foreign for her to visit.

"I'm not an experienced traveller as they were," she said.

"But today I would love to have that option."

Travel fuelled the couple's love
Travel was the couple's life passion, the lens through which they discovered themselves and their love for each other.

"If their life purpose was to travel the world, they were doing an amazing job by age 24," British said.

The two self-funded all their adventures, including 13 different countries for Chynna.

She studied abroad in Europe and worked her keep on a grape farm. Lucas served as a Canadian cattle hand just prior to his death.

Chynna was industrious and enthusiastic. Sheila was proud to recognise her daughter's signature spark in a CCTV video of the couple's last petrol stop.

In the video, Chynna got out of the van to clean the windows before falling into Lucas's arms in a moment of unmistakable joy.

"She's wiping the windows. That was my daughter. She doesn't just sit in the van, she's going to get out. She's not going to go in and get a soda or something. She's going to get out and clean the windows," Sheila said.
This absolutely breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member