CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have they commented about being chased by the law? Do we have screenshots or links? Interesting...
BBM
Apologies on that. I posted a MSM article that stated it and misinterpreted it as one of the teens when it was actually a commenter on his page. It read as if K or S had posted it, at least seemed that way, and was also being reported in MSM. I'd say disregard that info.
Not sure the two would be using Internet, but if they are, I guess they wouldn't waste time and battery power posting to SM, given that they rarely seem to post normally. I don't know their personalities, but based on how sensationalized this crime spree has become, I could imagine them taunting by making remarks like that. MOO

IMO these young people who, in effect, raise themselves like the olden days term, latch-key
kids, grow up w/ little guidance from attentive
parents. that the role parents are supposed to play in their children's lives.

Go with the data. More kids are raised singe parent family than 25 years ago, kids have more autonomy than 25 years ago -- and yet for example murder and violent crime rates are both down in the US by 50%. In all but a few cities it is down more like 60% to 65%.

A certain number of people will be drawn to basic crime like these two guys were (these are carjacking with murder a very basic crime).

We don't know their criminal records because in Canada they are confidential and these two are only non-juveniles for a very short period of time. From all we know they started shoplifting, did some theft and robberies and were mugging people at 16,17 years old and have completely followed the typical petty criminal graduating to violence path.

Most carjackings seem like they are for a purpose - because the carjacker needed a vehicle in that moment.

These two perps had a vehicle.

I don't think these crimes are everyday crimes. Just my opinion.

If the initial crime happened in New York City, where I currently live, I wouldn’t be surprised. But it didn’t. The reason that Canadians are gripped by this is that it is highly unusual. With all due respect to the person who doesn’t seem to know the difference between Baltimore and Port Alberni (my brother lives on Vancouver Island), this is not an “everyday crime” in Canadian terms.

Most carjackings seem like they are for a purpose - because the carjacker needed a vehicle in that moment.

These two perps had a vehicle.

I don't think these crimes are everyday crimes. Just my opinion.
Actually many carjackings are done by people in a vehicle.
Their vehicle could have had problems. Or they simply could have wanted the cash or gas in the target vehicle

everything so far points to them being common criminals. Exactly what behavior points to a diagnosis of psychosis?

From all we know they started shoplifting, did some theft and robberies and were mugging people at 16,17 years old and have completely followed the typical petty criminal graduating to violence path.

Ahh, you don’t go around mugging people in Port Alberni to begin with, and somebody in the mugging business is going to wind up being transferred to adult court :)

Many, many of the serial or mass killers in US
have told the stories or their families have told
stories of the perp having an abnormal or chaotic or neglectful childhood.
These crimes didn't 'just happen' in a vacuum.
they happened because there were major holes
in the perps upbringing.
Broken homes where there's no father figure
helping young boys is another major red flag.
Even if fathers are living in the home doesn't mean they are guiding the son during the difficult teen years. Absentee parenting.
To me, there is no mystery on why these boys
go bad. They are lost souls. moo.

Not sure if posted yet. My wifi (or the site) whacked out late last night. In any case, some info about search, roads out of Gillam, 2nd abandoned car.

Manitoba Mounties on all-night patrol as search for murder suspects continues - KamloopsMatters.com

Mounties are on an all-night patrol in an area of northern Manitoba as the search intensifies for two suspects wanted in connection to three deaths on northern B.C. highways.

Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky were last seen in Gillam, Manitoba, RCMP have confirmed. A burned-out vehicle was found on the nearby Bird reserve north of Gillam, according to Fox Lake Cree First Nation Chief Walter Spence. He could not confirm whether it’s connected to the wanted teens.

“An all night patrol for the community has been prepared as a caution,” Spence said in a statement.

“We now have a more recent confirmed sighting in Gillam, Manitoba,” RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoihet said.

"Our investigators are sharing information with investigators in Manitoba but confirms our belief that they were continuing to travel and the renewed importance of not focussing on one particular area but instead our efforts to locate them.”

Gillam is roughly 730 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg, as the crow flies, with only one road in and out of the community. After Gillam, the highway continues north through Fox Lake and to the abandoned town of Sundance, a former Manitoba Hydro camp.

Actually many carjackings are done by people in a vehicle.
Their vehicle could have had problems. Or they simply could have wanted the cash or gas in the target vehicle

everything so far points to them being common criminals. Exactly what behavior points to a diagnosis of psychosis?
I can't diagnosis them, but I can disagree with your assessment and form my own opinions. We don't have to agree here. :)

jmo

Many, many of the serial or mass killers in US
have told the stories or their families have told
stories of the perp having an abnormal or chaotic or neglectful childhood.
These crimes didn't 'just happen' in a vacuum.
they happened because there were major holes
in the perps upbringing.
Broken homes where there's no father figure
helping young boys is another major red flag.
Even if fathers are living in the home doesn't mean they are guiding the son during the difficult teen years. Absentee parenting.
To me, there is no mystery on why these boys
go bad. They are lost souls. moo.

Often. But also, even among families who have access to resources and are motivated and capable of seeking help for their kids when they see red flags, the right help is difficult to come by.

I don’t think that it’s helpful to speculate on mental state or motive. I will say this. It is extraordinary that two teenagers from Port Alberni would use a gun to kill two people, even if for money, and then kill a third person for no apparent reason, and burn out one and maybe two vehicles, also for no apparent reason.

It is not common for people on Vancouver Island to have a gun license and illegal guns and ammunition just aren’t that easy to acquire, especially for a teenager in a place like Port Alberni.

Hunting on the island is complicated and expensive. The only other reason to own a shotgun is if you play skeet. I doubt very much if there is a skeet club anywhere near Port Alberni. A license for a pistol is harder to get and can only be carried to and from a range. This is not the United States we’re talking about.

Apparently one of them used a gun to kill the couple. This is just extraordinary. It would be interesting to know where the gun came from and whether it was a shotgun, rifle or pistol.

I can't diagnosis them, but I can disagree with your assessment and form my own opinions. We don't have to agree here. :)

jmo
Of course you can but where is the data, the facts that support it? We could say that there belong to a cult is responsible, but what cult do they belong to?

Robberies where homicide to eliminate witness are a type of crime. Another type is robberies gone wrong with robbers killing witnesses because they are witnesses don't require clinical insanity, or psychosis.

People are throwing around terms like "psychotic." Psychotic involves delusions that cant be parsed from reality. EG you are hearing voices in your head, or you think you mom is Satan as in she is standing there with a pitchfork and tail, etc.

These two are at peak aggression and basic violence commission age for the human male. They committed two robbery homicides. Robbery homicide is not unusual. mass school shootings are very unusual and are about 0.07% of murder in North America, robbery homicide is a massively larger number.

This entire situation is sickening. I feel so horrible for the families; the initial horror of the two teens parents thinking they'd gone missing, to them now being the suspects of a double homicide. Chynna and Lucas' families, grieving the loss of their respective children, and the unidentified male from the Dease Lake incident.

I feel in my heart that it's not long until LE closes in on B and K. They're getting closer, the public is aware, hell, I'm on vacation in Oregon right now and it was on ABC.

I work in the legal field, and in my own spare time, I obviously enjoy keeping up to date with various cases. But something about this one leaves such a sore spot in my heart. Not that anybody does, but Chynna and Lucas didn't deserve this. It's odd to not know someone at all but feel so strongly about their character.

B and K have pinned themselves down with their travel to Gillam, I think. It's a very remote area and the routes are limited. Unless maybe part of their plan, once they've finished travelling via vehicle, is to escape into the wilderness and put whatever skills they think they have to use. Eerie that once more, they've turned to burning the vehicle.
Do we know for certain that have burned the Toyota Rav 4 and changed to another vehicle? I am looking for some confirmation on this information.

A Rav 4 was found burned. The following video/article does not state that the Rav was located but I recall seeing a picture last night. Maybe GH video?

Suspects in B.C. deaths 'likely' still travelling, may have altered appearances: police

There is also this quote from an article posted above regarding Gillam: "
Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky were last seen in Gillam, Manitoba, RCMP have confirmed. A burned-out vehicle was found on the nearby Bird reserve north of Gillam, according to Fox Lake Cree First Nation Chief Walter Spence. He could not confirm whether it’s connected to the wanted teens... "

I'm not far off bed, so I'll be bowing out for the night soon.

I can remember exactly what I was thinking these last few nights, right before I fell asleep. The night before last, I looked at the pictures of the boys and thought "What if they're the perpetrators in that first murder, and everything that's happened since?". Then almost half asleep, and in the dark, I had a quick look at their social media accounts, realised they had few friends... and to a large extent possibly only have each other, which gave me some pause, but not too much. By last night, for whatever reason, I had all but abandoned that thought, and figured the boys had been a victim of car theft and may or may not be alive. I awoke to alerts to the contrary.

Tonight I'm just wondering what I'm going to see on my phone in the morning, because it feels like things could have changed a lot in 8 hours time. Any of the scenarios that a nation wide manhunt can end in, could have played out by then.

All the best to the RCMP. I'll be back in the morning.

The identity of the murdered bearded man could be found today, by tracing the license plate or VIN of the burnt-out RAV4.

I really don't think Kam/Bryer can drive past the police presence, back towards Thompson. Absolutely no other roads from Bird or Gillam to the rest of Manitoba or Ontario.

They could only try to sneak into a cargo train, but I am sure police will be watching the tracks from the sky.

A Rav 4 was found burned. The following video/article does not state that the Rav was located but I recall seeing a picture last night. Maybe GH video?

Suspects in B.C. deaths 'likely' still travelling, may have altered appearances: police

There is also this quote from an article posted above regarding Gillam: "
Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky were last seen in Gillam, Manitoba, RCMP have confirmed. A burned-out vehicle was found on the nearby Bird reserve north of Gillam, according to Fox Lake Cree First Nation Chief Walter Spence. He could not confirm whether it’s connected to the wanted teens... "
I did see this last night too but there is no confirmation it is the Rav 4 and there is absolutely no confirmation it is even connected to these suspects. If they did steal another vehicle last night you would think there would be some information released by now?

I don’t think that it’s helpful to speculate on mental state or motive. I will say this. It is extraordinary that two teenagers from Port Alberni would use a gun to kill two people, even if for money, and then kill a third person for no apparent reason, and burn out one and maybe two vehicles, also for no apparent reason.

It is not common for people on Vancouver Island to have a gun license and illegal guns and ammunition just aren’t that easy to acquire, especially for a teenager in a place like Port Alberni.

Hunting on the island is complicated and expensive. The only other reason to own a shotgun is if you play skeet. I doubt very much if there is a skeet club anywhere near Port Alberni. A license for a pistol is harder to get and can only be carried to and from a range. This is not the United States we’re talking about.

Apparently one of them used a gun to kill the couple. This is just extraordinary. It would be interesting to know where the gun came from and whether it was a shotgun, rifle or pistol.

Kill a third person for "no apparent reason"? Theu had the most common basic criminal motive: robbery of property and elimination of wittiness or resistance to robbery.

And burning vehicle to eliminate forensic value is "no reason"? It is a very good reason.

As far as getting a semi auto rifle, a Mini 14 (the gun used in the largest shooting of students, ever), it is EASY in Canada. You don't need to give a "reason" to get one. Moreover we are talking about areas of Canada where gun ownership is highest per capita.

Again you are I are not common criminals like these two are. You and I may think there is no reason to commit basic felony robbery (stealing a car), or killing witnesses or people resisting robbery or burning a car to eliminate blood or fingerprints is not rational -- but these are common violent criminal behaviors.

The identity of the murdered bearded man could be found today, by tracing the license plate or VIN of the burnt-out RAV4.

I really don't think Kam/Bryer can drive past the police presence, back towards Thompson. Absolutely no other roads from Bird or Gillam to the rest of Manitoba or Ontario.

They could only try to sneak into a cargo train, but I am sure police will be watching the tracks from the sky.
Very good point about the VIN and license plate. It is bothersome to me that the bearded man remains unidentified. I hope they can find his name through the burned vehicle. Thanks for that thought.

jmo

I did see this last night too but there is no confirmation it is the Rav 4 and there is absolutely no confirmation it is even connected to these suspects. If they did steal another vehicle last night you would think there would be some information released by now?

Police are witholding info, for operational reasons. It looks like the RAV4 and was first noticed when burning.

Very small town, and nobody has a missing RAV4. But there is a guy missing, according to one single tweet. To be confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234