CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to catch up. Horrendous storms just went through and no power or cell service. Missed the presser and had to drive 5 miles to find a signal. Thanks for all updates I’m getting from the latest posts.

Seems there are beards everywhere in these cases. American criminal who crossed the border illegally as well. Any connections reported? Any warnings?

No known connections. Currently treating as two separate cases. (Surrey guys not mentioned).

Not sure whether the warning about staying at designated campsites and being on guard was from the presser.

Spokespeople either didn’t know or couldn’t remember pretty much anything about anything, especially the two missing teens.

IIRC

Last video of them together at a gas station in Ft Nelson

Alexis Daish on Twitter

Time stamp on the video was 13 July 2019, 19:37.

Also noticing on this video he's putting a credit card into his wallet, so he did have one. Probably stolen by the killer. I wonder if he tried to use it? Perhaps the couple didn't have much cash to steal, also making the killer angry.

I'm also trying to figure out the timeline.

The first witness, with her husband, saw the couple along the side of the road around 4:30 pm. This video was taken at 7:30 pm, so Lucas must have gotten the car started and returned to Ft Nelson to gas up. That van probably didn't get very good gas mileage and some was probably used up when the engine flooded (as reported to another witness). Did they then return to the spot south of Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park/Lodge? IIRC, the Lodge didn't have a gas pump, so the closest gas station would be at Ft. Nelson? Did they return there because they wanted to visit the park and hot springs the next day? Were they camping by the roadside because they didn't want to spend money for a camping spot at the Lodge? Is that why Lucas's dad mentioned in the press conference today that travelers should make sure to stay in official camp grounds for safety?

‘Still troubled by it’: Witness recounts securing the scene of northern B.C. double murder

Pierre said when he arrived there was a trucker stopped at the site, visibly upset. He said the trucker had called RCMP and told him to make sure they had his name to follow up.

Pierre said he checked the couple for a pulse, but that they were already cold and unnaturally pale. Fowler had a small wound, he said, but he couldn’t tell what had caused it.

Both bodies were laying north, with their heads facing west, he said.

According to Pierre, no one was inside the van. The vehicle’s two passenger-side side doors were open, he said, and the van’s back window had been smashed outward, with glass strewn outside the vehicle.

I hadn’t read this before....probably why the orange markers were at the back of the van in the pic I posted several pages back.

Last edited:
No known connections. Currently treating as two separate cases. (Surrey guys not mentioned).

Not sure whether the warning about staying at designated campsites and being on guard was from the presser.

Spokespeople either didn’t know or couldn’t remember pretty much anything about anything, especially the two missing teens.

IIRC

Staying at designated campsites has always been advised when travelling to wilderness locations because it’s considered safer. However I believe it’s still legal to camp on Crown Land in northern BC and the Yukon.

The first witness, with her husband, saw the couple along the side of the road around 4:30 pm. This video was taken at 7:30 pm, so Lucas must have gotten the car started and returned to Ft Nelson to gas up.

Did they then return to the spot south of Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park/Lodge

Is that why Lucas's dad mentioned in the press conference today that travelers should make sure to stay in official camp grounds for safety?
I believe there is an error in the original tweet about the Ft Nelson gas station gas-up:

I believe they are gassing up on Saturday evening July 13 ( not July 14 as originally stated.)

The witness saw the couple on Sunday, July 14 about 4:30p.

They were found murdered on Monday morning July 15 about 7 am

So they did not get the van going and return to Ft Nelson to gas-up

I believe there is an error in the original tweet about the Ft Nelson gas station gas-up:

I believe they are gassing up on Saturday evening July 13 ( not July 14 as originally stated.)

The witness saw the couple on Sunday, July 14 about 4:30p.

They were found murdered on Monday morning July 15 about 7 am

So they did not get the van going and return to Ft Nelson to gas-up

Makes sense.

From linked article above

According to Pierre, no one was inside the van. The vehicle’s two passenger-side side doors were open, he said, and the van’s back window had been smashed outward, with glass strewn outside the vehicle.

The back window was smashed outward?

Did that happen in a struggle with the killer while he was inside the van with them?

Also noticing on this video he's putting a credit card into his wallet, so he did have one. Probably stolen by the killer. I wonder if he tried to use it? Perhaps the couple didn't have much cash to steal, also making the killer angry.

The first witness, with her husband, saw the couple along the side of the road around 4:30 pm. This video was taken at 7:30 pm, so Lucas must have gotten the car started and returned to Ft Nelson to gas up. That van probably didn't get very good gas mileage and some was probably used up when the engine flooded (as reported to another witness). Did they then return to the spot south of Liard Hot Springs Provincial Park/Lodge? IIRC, the Lodge didn't have a gas pump, so the closest gas station would be at Ft. Nelson? Did they return there because they wanted to visit the park and hot springs the next day? Were they camping by the roadside because they didn't want to spend money for a camping spot at the Lodge? Is that why Lucas's dad mentioned in the press conference today that travelers should make sure to stay in official camp grounds for safety?

"Police are also releasing video footage of Fowler and Deese taken at a Fort Nelson gas station on July 13, which shows the couple arriving in Lucas’ van around 7: 30 p.m."
Here’s what we know about the 3 dead, 2 missing in Northern B.C.

July 13 : 7:30PM video at gas station
July 14 : 3:20PM witness sighting at side of highway
July 14 : evening witness sighting of man talking to couple
July 15 : 7:19AM bodies found

that goes against what we thought happened, outwards though that is strange indeed... a gunshot went off inside the van maybe? hmm

‘Still troubled by it’: Witness recounts securing the scene of northern B.C. double murder

Pierre said when he arrived there was a trucker stopped at the site, visibly upset. He said the trucker had called RCMP and told him to make sure they had his name to follow up.

Pierre said he checked the couple for a pulse, but that they were already cold and unnaturally pale. Fowler had a small wound, he said, but he couldn’t tell what had caused it.

Both bodies were laying north, with their heads facing west, he said.

I hadn’t read this before....probably why the orange markers were at the back of the van in the pic I posted several pages back.

Note that Trevor Pierre said his boss ( the female road crew supervisor) saw the man talking to Lucas about 11:30 the night before. I hadn’t realized it was that late. He also said the bodies were cold to the touch at 7am when he got there

The video at the gas station in Ft Nelson was taken July 13th. The bodies were found July 15th and indications are the homicides may have occurred the during the prior evening.

Agree, M.E. or possibly Pakistani/Indian, jmo.

The woman saw this guy at 11:30 at night. I just don’t think we can conclude much other than he had a beard and a hat on. Unless she specified the headgear he was wearing looked like an Islamic Kufi, I think the drawing might be misleading.

I sure wish Jamie Davis of Highway Thru Hell TV program had come by. He’s the greatest

Last edited:
"Police are also releasing video footage of Fowler and Deese taken at a Fort Nelson gas station on July 13, which shows the couple arriving in Lucas’ van around 7: 30 p.m."
Here’s what we know about the 3 dead, 2 missing in Northern B.C.

July 13 : 7:30PM video at gas station
July 14 : 3:20PM witness sighting at side of highway
July 14 : evening witness sighting of man talking to couple
July 15 : 7:19AM bodies found

This article says 1130pm

67381_Deese_Fowler_Map.jpg

View attachment 194459 View attachment 194460

Heartbreaking moment Australian man hugs American girlfriend for the last time before their murder in Canada - as cops release breakthrough picture of 'bearded man'

Australian man hugs American girlfriend before shot dead in Canada | Daily Mail Online

This is very, very sad.

We can put the idea to rest that the van rear window may have already been smashed before the trip. In this picture, the right rear window is clearly intact.

full size high res image of person they want to speak with

Today, we are asking for public assistance in identifying a man whom investigators wish to speak with. The man, seen in this composite sketch, was seen speaking with Lucas on Highway 97 on the evening of Sunday July 14, 2019. He is described as:

• Caucasian,
  • with darker skin and dark hair,
  • he is shorter than Lucas, who is 6’ 3,
  • with a possible beard and/or glasses.
The man may be associated to an older model Jeep Cherokee with a black stripe on the hood and a black light/bull bar with small, covered lights. He is believed to have been travelling southbound.

In addition to the composite sketch, we are also releasing video footage taken at a gas station in Fort Nelson on July 13, 2019. The surveillance footage shows the couple arriving in Lucas’ van at 7:30 p.m. and departing the gas station at 7:47 p.m. All materials will be available on our website following this media availability.

Please visit the links below to that video surveillance

67377_FORT_NELSON_2019-1416_COMPOSITE_SKETCH_large_.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads