Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall any confirmed sighting reported, but it is almost obvious that RCMP knows, since they said "returned to BC" for unknown reasons.

They had to go though Watson Lake, Yukon to return to BC.

When did they say this? If it was immediately upon discovering the burning truck and LE had only spoken to family members in order to determine the two were missing, it might’ve indeed appeared they had just returned to BC from the Yukon after an unsuccessful job hunt at Whitehorse because the families believed the stories the pair were telling them.

The RCMP have never really confirmed anything involving the timeframe prior to the 3 murders. We also don’t know the date it’s believed LD was murdered, only the date his body was found coincided with discovering the burning truck.

Why do you think they’d drive west across the Rockies to Alberta and then immediately head back to northern BC?

Because people do go east this way, Alberta being east of B.C.? It can be faster to zip up north on flat Highway 2. Hey, who follows the speed limit? Then head west on more flat highways with fewer hills and holiday trailers. Plus BS has relatives in Alberta, according to AS, and that's where AS assumed they were going.

Who knows at this point?

I don't know if this is reliable information or not, this article says that the BS's Grandma spoke to with him over the phone on July 14 with news. "Whitehorse had been disappointing so they were moving on." I would assume that if they had called from a cell phone, there may be a way to locate where the call originated based on the cell towers? Were they calling from Yukon or from somewhere else?
Path ‘killers’ took to murder sites
Check CBC links in first page for slightly different comment about that call or text. Anyway, they probably misled grandma about being in Yukon on July 13/14.

The checkpoint is to search for drugs and alcohol. I have passed it and wasn’t even searched. No reason they would ask them, the band constables are only there to stop booze and drugs, they aren’t there to determine your reasons for visiting a town. I’m sure plenty of out of town people stop in Split Lake for food or gas or a place to stay for a night along the long drive to or from gillam.

During one of the interviews one of the band constables said it was remarked the two were stopping to get gas. So the topic involving their intentions must’ve been discussed at least to some extent.

I don't know if this is reliable information or not, this article says that the BS's Grandma spoke to with him over the phone on July 14 with news. "Whitehorse had been disappointing so they were moving on." I would assume that if they had called from a cell phone, there may be a way to locate where the call originated based on the cell towers? Were they calling from Yukon or from somewhere else?
Path ‘killers’ took to murder sites
That's a great article, thanks.

Last edited:
I posted a link yesterday quoting AS. He said BS did not graduate. As previously discussed, some schools allow non-graduates to attend.

Well fine, the suit was for graduation day, then. I didn't mean to imply he graduated.

In BC special needs students can potentially get a School Completion (“Evergreen”) Certificate and attend graduation. It's not a "some schools" thing. But you're quite right in that they haven't actually officially graduated.

source: School Completion Certificate Program - Province of British Columbia

I think the RCMP has just about had it with the Australian press. They've been inaccurate and sensationalist. I think the RCMP dealt nicely with the Globe and Mail reporters up there and gave them as much info/access as they could.

I will have to go back and review all of the RCMP press confrences to see if the RCMP did state it was important to look forward to their capture as opposed to looking back.
IMO this would be a very unprofessional comment seeing as BS & KM were named as suspects on July 23rd yet Lucas & Chynna were found murdered July 15th. Clearly working backwards would be a huge part of the investigation. They were also asking for anyone with potential dashcam video to come forward once again asking people to look back. My investigative mind likes to try to go back to the start of their journey to try to establish how BS & KM ended up on the Alaskan Highway where Lucas & Chynna were found. JMO

It was during a reporter Q&A when they first were known to have been in Manitoba iirc and the question pertained the release of information to the public. The context was the RCMPs present focus is on capturing the suspects who are considered and dangerous. And so it should be.

They’re not asking the public’s assistance in investigating the case. If the two are arrested alive, the RCMPs investigative findings will become trial evidence.

Last edited:
Because people do go east this way, Alberta being east of B.C.? It can be faster to zip up north on flat Highway 2. Hey, who follows the speed limit? Then head west on more flat highways with fewer hills and holiday trailers. Plus BS has relatives in Alberta, according to AS, and that's where AS assumed they were going.

Who knows at this point?

These are accurate dates and places, but we don't know the exact route.

They left home on July 12, and the first 2 murders occurred over night July 14/15. I don't think they had time to drive to Whitehorse and commit the murders in the timeframe. If they went to Whitehorse, it was between the two murders.

They were at the Jade Store near Dease Lake on July 18 and they murdered the professor on July 19. It's more likely that they were lingering around in the area between the two murders.

July 18th the first 2 victims were identified and it became international news. The following day they murdered the professor, burned their vehicle and drove a Rav4 across the country to where the vehicle was burned.

I have no doubt that they both drove the vehicle. As long as they were under the speed limit and didn't violate traffic rules, they would not be stopped by RCMP. It was mentioned that there was a jacket or coat on one of the windows - my guess is so that one could sleep while the other drove.

They travelled from Dease Lake to Fox Lake Cree Nation (Sundance, Manitoba) in 3 days.

upload_2019-8-5_15-47-22.png

I think the RCMP has just about had it with the Australian press. They've been inaccurate and sensationalist. I think the RCMP dealt nicely with the Globe and Mail reporters up there and gave them as much info/access as they could.

Not only that, but they released the fact that the first 2 victims were shot. RCMP were withholding that details, just like they've withheld information about how the professor was killed.

I think freelance journalists fall into the same category of causing frustration.

Well fine, the suit was for graduation day, then. I didn't mean to imply he graduated.

In BC special needs students can potentially get a School Completion (“Evergreen”) Certificate and attend graduation. It's not a "some schools" thing. But you're quite right in that they haven't actually officially graduated.

source: School Completion Certificate Program - Province of British Columbia

And some schools do not allow students to attend if they will not graduate. BS attended an alternative school.

Good point, it sounds like blame shifting by the father from B to K, especially putting forth the suggestion the B “didn’t know how to drive”. On low-trafficked northern roads, what is there to “know” about driving other than the difference between the gas and the brake pedal and the use of the steering wheel. Learning to drive a vehicle while on the run from police isn’t an extraordinary feat.

Exactly and Bryer probably did highway driving and turned it over to Kam to drive through a city because he had the driving experience.

it might’ve indeed appeared they had just returned to BC from the Yukon after an unsuccessful job hunt at Whitehorse because the families believed the stories the pair were telling them.
RCMP press release about the missing teens had that comment "returned to BC for unknown reasons" because they probably already knew a few locations they visited between July 12 to July 19.

I upload a map with my best guess. Excuse the horrible markup on my old tablet.
image_2019-08-05_17-51.jpg

That is your opinion and I respect it.
I am of different mind, thinking that 2 people going around killing people are not much concerned about speeding or driving without a license.
Likewise :). However, a little voice in my head tells me if they did not want to avoid the RCMP, they would have stayed near the murder scenes :), I hardly think their drive to Gillam was to tour the muskegs :) - that and their nervous manner when the Cold Lake man and Split Lake tribal police stopped them.

Who knows at this point?

I guarantee you that zipping from BC to Alberta to get to Northern BC is not a preferred route. The Rocky Mountains separate BC and Alberta so before ever arriving at Hwy 2, in the summer plus tourist season one is virtually guaranteed road construction and heavy traffic making for slow progress through the mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee