Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mho
I feel the suspects left items on the spot so police could find their bodies.
I think k and b knew they would never return to the items
In a way maybe their decision to leave items behind knowing they were going to die. Was for their family and the victims families
A closure
Yes I absolutely agree with you. There 'calling cards' along their whole trek have been odd and no doubt they did the same in terms of the items as compared to where they died.

coroners reports are always open to the public. the media will be able to request this report and relay the information to the public.
I think sometimes an inquest or equivalent is ordered into the circumstances of a high profile death. The results of an inquest are public. But certainly not every death is chosen for an inquest.

It would be up to the Coroner's Office to decide whether an inquest were necessary, perhaps they will decide yes.

The Medical Examiners report is required for all deaths, results are only available to limited audience, as I interpret this

"
Are Reports from the Investigation Available to the Next of Kin?
Upon completion of the investigation the medical examiner submits a report to the Chief Medical Examiner. This report will normally answer questions about the cause and manner of death, the date, time and place of death and summarize the circumstances surrounding the death. If an autopsy is performed as part of the investigation, the doctor performing the autopsy also submits a report. Both the medical examiner's report and the autopsy report are available to the adult next of kin upon written request to the Chief Medical Examiner's office. (An autopsy is an intricate medical procedure, often requiring complex laboratory tests, and for this reason autopsy results may not be available for several weeks after the death. This means the medical examiner's report may not be immediately available to the family.)

The medical examiner's report and the autopsy report may also be requested by attending physicians and medical reports departments of hospitals. Other interested parties, such as an insurer of the life of the deceased or a legal representative of the deceased, may receive the report upon written request and payment of the prescribed fee under The Fatality Inquiries Act." Justice | Province of Manitoba

Austin Grabish on Twitter

Bodies found in northern Manitoba believed to be 2 B.C. fugitives
Police believe they have found the bodies of fugitives Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky in northern Manitoba, ending a cross-Canada search for the men suspected of killing three people in B.C.

7 min CBCNews video with Austin Grabish at link

Last edited:
Canadian police say 2 bodies found, believed to be fugitives

AUGUST 7, 2019

"....Police sent in specialized teams and began searching high-probability areas. On Wednesday morning, police located the two bodies within 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) from where the items were found and approximately 9 kilometers (5.6 miles) from where they left a burnt-out vehicle on July 22.

“We are confident that these are the bodies of the two suspects wanted in connection with the homicides in British Columbia,” MacLatchy said....

The bodies were found near Gillam, Manitoba — more than 2,000 miles (3,200 kilometers) from northern British Columbia...."

Canadian police say 2 bodies found, believed to be fugitives

Joe Scarpelli on Twitter

"I’m about 6 km from where Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod’s bodies were found. It’s too dangerous to get there by foot. A local can be heard in this video describing the area."

Interesting video at the link. Gives some perspective on how difficult this search must have been for the RCMP.

As someone else pointed out, look at all the flies in that video. Horrible conditions, not surprising the killers perished. Look at how steep those cliffs are. If the killers went into the water there, it's amazing they were able to climb out and get to shore. Even moreso if this happened at night, as LE has speculated.

Great work by RCMP. They did a fantastic job! Impossible for most of us to imagine how much dangerous work and struggle went into this search.

I'm so glad they've finally been found and that the community up there can relax and let their lives return to normal. It's still so sad, though, that these terrible crimes took place. RIP to Lucas, Chynna and Len. You won't be forgotten.

I also agree with the poster above - it's been such a fantastic group here. Everyone has contributed so much to following the news and helping the rest of us understand the communities, geography, etc. Thanks so much to all our pals from Canada and Australia, England, too. You've been fantastic, I've learned so much!

Again, Thank You RCMP!!! Great work!

I am feeling the same. I felt so saddened and I really wasn't expecting to feel that way. I think being a mother and picturing the two boys (to me they are also just boys) huddled together in the bush it just kinda hit me. Thank you for your post. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I feel sorry for the families that will never have closure if the teens aren't ever charged in the double murder

Yes I absolutely agree with you. There 'calling cards' along their whole trek have been odd and no doubt they did the same in terms of the items as compared to where they died.
Yes
They knew the canine dogs would follow their scent

T
The boat damage suggests it impacted a large boulder at very high force (rapids). Anyone riding would have been either knocked out completely or so disoriented upon hitting the water drowning likely occurred in mere seconds. Eddies often trap similar objects, bodies probably washed up together and boat shortly thereafter.
It is my understanding that the bodies were found inland so they did not drown.

With all those supposed sightings of them 100's of miles away, it gave a sense of them being a couple of real survivalists but only in the movies... . In real life, they didn't travel far at all.

In real life, these 2 teenagers managed to survive in very hostile terrain, escaping major manhunt for... 3 weeks? I think real survivalists in this case is justified. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee