Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But someone also posted that fiberglass doesn't "melt," that its traces are near invisible and near weightless. Not that it matters now. I was just curious about fiberglass and its qualities.

This is the same information I have now gotten from 3 people who fight fires for a living. They say if it were indeed fiberglass it would have basically "dissolved"(I think that was for lack of a better word) All 3 also said that the heat would be very unlikely to cause the dent though so I'm very myself confused about all that still.

ETA: Fixed 'dissolved'

Last edited:
Probably because they didn’t use it, and the killings appear to have occurred outside the vehicle.

They might have burned those vehicles to destroy evidence, but there might not have been any to find here.

Which would mean they didn't try to start the van so that would rule out them trying to steal it(not items inside it, but the van itself is all I mean). It would also rule out them breaking the window...which I am not sure if it has ever been released how the window was broken.

I wish the families had come forward with a strong positive unified voice asking their sons to please turn themselves in and reassuring them that this could be sorted out. The messaging about books being written and parental conflict would have sent them running in the opposite direction.

I really dont think it wouldve made a difference. I dont think they cared what their families thought.

That broke my heart. I don’t even know how you accept Something like this and move on with your life. I am thinking about my son and I’m not sure I could ever believe he was capable of something like that. Especially without getting to talk with him after the fact.
Oh man. How awful. All the accounts I have heard (with the exception of that young woman who claimed he said he wanted to chop her head off or some such thing) have mirrored the uncle's view, even the fellow who helped the pair of them when the RAV4 was stuck. Ugh! So bewildering and sad.

Not sure how to share things from Twitter but Austin Grabish said he was told a stern no when he asked if the medical examiner had any comments. He also said he isn’t expecting an update today or tomorrow.

Austin Grabish must have a very high opinion of himself. Someone from the Chief Medical Examiner's office will probably issue a public statement, perhaps live, with an opportunity for journalists, and attention-seeking reporters, to ask questions.

And...really, just to avoid the smell issue while transporting and before it gets to the special room where who people are used to it...can deal with it. It's very hard on searchers and others to deal with a body that's in an advanced state of decomp and not well on the way to being a skeleton. Also, if there are two dead bodies and the bodies/their clothing aren't all together in one big piece, the recovery team can package various plastic bags of stuff in one box and not jumble it up (and that's been going on with cardboard boxes and labeling for as long as I can remember - the metal box is a definite improvement).

The people in the receiving area in Winnipeg will be grateful. I'm so used to "austerity" measures here in the States.

So sad

Which would mean they didn't try to start the van so that would rule out them trying to steal it(not items inside it, but the van itself is all I mean). It would also rule out them breaking the window...which I am not sure if it has ever been released how the window was broken.

That broken window perplexes me, and no, we don’t know any details regarding that (unless I’ve missed something).

One theory I have is that they were locked inside, and our two killers broke the window with the butstock of a gun, in order to coerce them outside.

If that explains it, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have busted out one of the front windows, and opened the door.

Weird. Then again we could say that to describe this whole damn thing.

I really dont think it wouldve made a difference. I dont think they cared what their families thought.

I don't know. 18 and 19 years old is young and they did completely high school before doing this, so it seems that death may not have been their ultimate goal. There may have been a window of time to reach them and turn things around. No one tried, so we'll never know, but I think some effort should have been made. I understand that the families were probably first in disbelief, in shock, overwhelmed and many other things, but ...

That broken window perplexes me, and no, we don’t know any details regarding that (unless I’ve missed something).

One theory I have is that they were locked inside, and our two killers broke the window with the butstock of a gun, in order to coerce them outside.

If that explains it, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have busted out one of the front windows, and opened the door.

Yeah, nothing surrounding the van makes any sense to me really....well...nothing surrounding Any of it does, but my focus is still on that van and their truck.
If they were so hell bent on hiding evidence then I personally feel they would have burnt that van with the bodies inside it.

Definitely could have broken the window with something else, but they would have had to touch the door handle to open the door, and if there was any sort of struggle with the door then that would very likely leave some evidence as well.

All the Canadian cases I've followed have been really weird. There's the pig farmer who abducted, drugged and assaulted prostitutes before feeding them to the pigs and then feeding the pigs to police officers and locals. There's the schizophrenic who cut off a man's head while riding the Greyhound bus. There's the man who thought his idea was stolen so he massacred a man, his wife and their grandson while they slept before burning them on his parent's acreage. There's the architecture student who was overwhelmed with work and studies so he massacred his tenant, wife and two little girls but spared the infant before killing himself. There's the millionaire pharmaceutical executive and his wife who were murdered, kneeling and hung from their swimming pool railing - discovered during an open house showing. All very strange.

@Kubirai
I provided LE detailed info about the "murders" of Australian tourists Owen Rooney and Alison Raspa in the weeks preceding Lucas Fowler and Chynna Dease murders.
Even if their IDs were missing, the unusual circumstances should have raised suspicion of malice.
Imagine a worst case scenario ... Prof. Dyck was asked to meet someone at the lookout, just as KM/BL was heading down Highway 37.
do the others you reported tie in to this? I am not understanding.
Alison Raspa was working at a huge resort in southern BC Whistler - her body was found and she committed suicide. Owen Rooney actually went missing in my area after attending a massive annual music festival called Shambala - he showed up at a hospital in Grand Forks, BC - near the Washington, USA border with some injuries and was somewhat in disorientating state. Acting weird . They wanted to keep him in, but he disappeared on his own. There was huge searches for him here in the area. He was found deceased not far from GF and the hospital area he disappeared from. There was no foul play suspected in his death. (MOO he may have had a reaction likely to some drugs or was schitzophrenic) Neither of these cases showed any evidence other than deaths of their own doing.

I'm just saying that I feel July 16 is a day too late. The news release should have been sent out immediately after they realized the deaths were suspicious to warn people on the highway (because something like this is so RARE around here).

From what I can see, a News Release was posted pretty much immediately. Northern Rockies RCMP attended the scene, called for assistance from North District Major Crime Unit, established that the deaths were suspicious, and a News Release was posted at 11:18 a.m. on July 16th. Considering the distances involved, and the hands-on work that was required, it looks like police were working all through the night. I really don't see any delay at all, and I highly doubt that there would be any delays, given the seriousness of the situation.

In case anyone is interested, the BC RCMP Public Alerts and News Releases can be read here:
RCMP in British Columbia - Newsroom

I wish the families had come forward with a strong positive unified voice asking their sons to please turn themselves in and reassuring them that this could be sorted out. The messaging about books being written and parental conflict would have sent them running in the opposite direction.
@otto Most definitely in terms of the Mcleod family. Bryer's father and now his great uncle have spoke. I find it disturbing the Mcleods have not said a word, I also strongly feel Kam was the leader on all of this. It's easy to paint Bryer with a brush, however Kam was right there at his side through the years, Kam drove, Kam had the vehicle, Kam burnt his own vehicle (which I'm sure Dad bought or gave to him) - Kam's image is the one felt talking to Lucas/Chynna. I have a little personal resentment right now for the McLeod family staying so eerily silent and letting Bryer take the fall in media etc. I feel there is an unwritten Code of Silence from anyone connected to Kam's family. His parents are affluent, own a big business in Port Alberni, and when the Mayor warned the people not to talk about anything - that doesn't usually happen. Bryer may have 'talked big' but I am convinced the oh so quiet apparently polite and kind Kam was the lead man and Bryer his idolizing follower. I feel there is a whole huge amount of information on Kam that some in Port Alberni have worked really hard to try keep covered up.

From what I can see, a News Release was posted pretty much immediately. Northern Rockies RCMP attended the scene, called for assistance from North District Major Crime Unit, established that the deaths were suspicious, and a News Release was posted at 11:18 a.m. on July 16th. Considering the distances involved, and the hands-on work that was required, it looks like police were working all through the night. I really don't see any delay at all, and I highly doubt that there would be any delays, given the seriousness of the situation.

In case anyone is interested, the BC RCMP Public Alerts and News Releases can be read here:
RCMP in British Columbia - Newsroom

The delay wasn’t in reporting two “suspicious deaths.”

The delay was in saying “two people have been found shot to death.”

Many people would hear the first statement, and quickly put two and two together.

I think everyone here would.

But that doesn’t resonate with everyone, which is a bit of an issue.

Austin Grabish‏Verified account @AustinGrabish
We're waiting to hear the results of autopsies expected to be done on two bodies RCMP say they believe are B.C. fugitives Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. Meanwhile, people in Northern Manitoba are hoping life will return to normal now that the manhunt is done. @andrewcbc @cbcmb

/> CBC News video clip at link
6:57

Northern Manitoba looks to move forward after manhunt ends
We're waiting for the results of autopsies on two bodies RCMP say are B.C. fugitives Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. Meanwhile, people in Northern Manitoba are hoping life will return to normal.

3:18 PM - 8 Aug 2019 pt

We're still waiting to hear how the men died and when. It's unclear if the office will be releasing those details. @BCRCMP told me earlier today they will send out a news release if and when IDs are confirmed.

2:34 PM - 8 Aug 2019

Mark O'Rourke, the director of the office, told me has no comment today and likely won't have one tomorrow either. It's looking like we're going to have to wait at least a couple of days to get confirmation the bodies are the two suspects.

2:34 PM - 8 Aug 2019

The chief medical examiner's office here in Manitoba has given me a stern 'no comment' when I asked for an update on the autopsies that are expected to be conducted on the bodies of who RCMP believe are Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky. #cbcmb

2:34 PM - 8 Aug 2019 pt

All the Canadian cases I've followed have been really weird. There's the pig farmer who abducted, drugged and assaulted prostitutes before feeding them to the pigs and then feeding the pigs to police officers and locals. There's the schizophrenic who cut off a man's head while riding the Greyhound bus. There's the man who thought his idea was stolen so he massacred a man, his wife and their grandson while they slept before burning them on his parent's acreage. There's the architecture student who was overwhelmed with work and studies so he massacred his tenant, wife and two little girls but spared the infant before killing himself. There's the millionaire pharmaceutical executive and his wife who were murdered, kneeling and hung from their swimming pool railing - discovered during an open house showing. All very strange.

Off topic but.....
Add to that the most recent machete attack which involved an 85(?) year old man who was minding his business and was attacked simply because he wouldn't give up a cigarette. The elderly man fought his attacker off by grabbing that blade and holding on as tight as he could. He is Superman in my opinion!

Yes, what teenager would not be horrified by the bad parental press. How sad that the father assured the world that his son wouldn't be taken alive and would go out in a blaze of glory. The RCMP were kinder, stating that the suspects would be taken to hospital as soon as they were found.

CBC News Alerts on Twitter

Apparently, Bryer lived with his grandmother for many years before this horrible occurrence. This would have been decided in family court, because in Canada the well-being of the children involved is more important than any family acrimony.

Perhaps other members of Bryer's family are attempting to protect the grandmother now. There are often death threats in such situations. This can't be an easy time for a senior, who probably had no clue what her grandson was doing on his computer, or plotting with his friend.

We are just weird people... Reading this made me shake my head. Robert Pickton (pig farmer) was an evil b*stard if ever there was one. Barry and Honey Sherman were the opposite, altruistic and charming (but they were the victims and WTH happened there?) You left out those creeps Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka who murdered the two teenage schoolgirls and Karla's younger sister. The Greyhound bus murderer was let out I believe as his "insanity" is now cured.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member