Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think until the mods officially declare the sexual orientation/preferences of the suspects as an allowed topic, it is better to steer clear to avoid having the thread shut down again.

I still have never heard exactly what was found on the shore. I hope that information is released eventually. It seems like whatever it was made LE suspect Kam and Bryer weren't a threat anymore, which always struck me as an interesting conclusion.
Indeed. This is why I say wouldn't it be wonderful if that one piece of important evidence proved to be a suicide note

I don't know enough about it, but I do know people who lead hunting tours in Northern Canada, and they use a crossbow. It's clean.

Only point is that although there are hunters in Canada, not all of them use guns. Guns are not so common that professors, accountants, educators, lawyers, engineers and so on carry a gun to do research.
Most, like 99% of hunters in the north use guns. All of my friends hunt, no one uses a bow. I have friends who are guides, they all use guns. But I can see some outfitters doing more specialized hunting with bows for tourists who come to hunt but your average hunters aren’t using bows.

We have lots of geologists, miners, surveyors who are in the remote bush regularly and most just carry bear spray. Some don’t carry anything, but they’re just crazy.

ERT (Emergency Response Team) was on site. Had the suspects been located or contained, the team’s objective would’ve been to attempt to negotiate a peaceful arrest.

Melissa Tait (@meltait) on Twitter
Aug 7
After the remains were aboard, RCMP ERT members in plain clothes who had been part of the search teams crossed the tarmac to board the same planes for Winnipeg. #canadamanhunt

Emergency Response Team - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
The mandate of the Emergency Response Team is to assist in the successful resolution of dangerous situations, thereby enhancing public safety and security. This is accomplished through teamwork, professionalism, advanced training and tactics.”

The ERT was divided in to multiple units. When the helicopters or planes thought they spotted something the containment team was usually the first to go, they wore proper camo outfits. Their job is to essentially circle the area to prevent escape. After the containment team the rest of the ERT would arrive lead at the front by a K-9 unit.

Since they had apparently been dead at least a few days before they were found, I think it is unlikely the RCMP heard gunshots that led them there. At the risk of being gross, I have wondered since the bodies were found if the search teams smelled the suspects' decomposing corpses after finding the campsite or dropsite where the stuff was.

I have reached out to contacts to try and get confirmation but judging by the search tactics I witnessed every time they thought they may have found something previously I think it’s safe to say the dog squad played a key role. The forest is very dense and full of smells, it’s not like a rotting corpse in an apartment building. Their bodies wouldn’t have been smellable by the human nose from any great distance.

The brother of an American tourist who was murdered alongside her Australian boyfriend says he still has no idea why the pair were targeted.

Stetson Deese told Today his sister Chynna and her partner Lucas Fowler's deaths were all the more difficult to comprehend because they had done nothing wrong.

'It's kind of hard to digest what happened to such nice people,' he said.

'We do not know why and more and more may be discovered but I don't think we're ever going to truly know why. It's discomforting because anybody, even some of the worst people in the world, if they met Chynna, the last thing they would want to do was kill her.

Brother learns teenage serial killers who murdered Chynna Deese and Lucas Fowler committed suicide | Daily Mail Online

I’m so sorry for the families grief and suffering and the fact they get no answers and no justice.

I have reached out to contacts to try and get confirmation but judging by the search tactics I witnessed every time they thought they may have found something previously I think it’s safe to say the dog squad played a key role. The forest is very dense and full of smells, it’s not like a rotting corpse in an apartment building. Their bodies wouldn’t have been smellable by the human nose from any great distance.
SBM

That makes sense--thank you! As soon as I posted my comment, I also wondered if the search team would necessarily know it was a dead person or a dead animal. Specialized search dogs would make a difference.

Did I misunderstand, or were there clothing on the shore 9km from the car, and 1km from their bodies?

Did they run buck naked into the thick Manitoba brush?

Wait, what? We don't know what the items were that they found. We speculated it might be clothing because back then we thought maybe they had hypothermia and had paradoxical undressing. But so far there has been no information on what the items were. Also if they were naked in the Manitoba brush, it would be about two seconds before they got some VERY painful mosquito bites.

as the game rust was explained to me clothing is optional...maybe they were playing the game in real life in their minds....maybe they covered their bodies in mud for a layer of insect protection.

Now that would be weird. I did hear about the covering in mud thing though to ward off bugs, but I think you're supposed to wear clothing also...otherwise it seems like the mud really wouldn't stay on for long....

I've certainly wondered! If their phones were recovered, they might have found some interesting recordings that could function as a suicide note. MOO

We can hope....

Dead guilty people are deemed innocent until proven guilty, dead people cannot be proven guilty.
Dead people can be proven guilty. They just can't be tried and convicted
Did I misunderstand, or were there clothing on the shore 9km from the car, and 1km from their bodies?

There were NO reports of clothing found. They found a water jug, a boat and a sleeping bag that we know of, and undescribed "personal items", and two guns.

At the beginning, they were alive and the speculation ranged from coded ADHD to gay to Nazis to incels to I don't know. At that point, it was fair to stop the wild speculation.

Now that they are dead, and by the sounds of it, one was a bit taken with the other, I think it should be fair game to question whether Kam was gay and Bryer exploited that.

Did RCMP say anything about their clothing on the shore of the Nelson River?
What do you mean one was a bit taken with the other?

I never thought I'd consider whether or not these 2 were nude in the Manitoba woods LOL, but I would be surprised if that were the case. Beyond the issue of the harsh elements and bugs, I would think they packed quite a bit of clothing on their trip if their ostensible reason to leave was to go find work. So, I don't think clothing found at the campsite means they weren't wearing anything.

I know Bryer was spotted a few times in his camo stuff, but judging by photos of him before, he seemed awfully fond of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he had more than one set of camo stuff, actually. I don't recall any of the witnesses who observed them on the lam before they hit the woods commenting on their clothing being especially disheveled or gross. Just from what I could tell, their clothing in the surveillance video doesn't look like it's been worn for a few days or is especially dirty, so I would be surprised if they weren't changing their clothes relatively regularly in the beginning.

I know they were teen boys and, judging by the description of the Rav4, I don't think either of them were neat freaks. But I see teens who are not on the run from the law and a lot more disheveled looking than they looked in the surveillance.

Last edited:

Perhaps they tried to use the boat, got stuck on rocks, branches, maybe water got into the boat, or it overturned, etc, they make it to shore, and some of their belongings got swept away (jackets, clothes, a sleeping bag, etc). They could have still been wearing one layer of clothes.

Isn't it still possible to get any type of gun on the street (black market) in Canada? I ask because a long arm type weapon is more challenging to commit suicide with? It's possible that they shot each other at the same time. I don't know if that's a logical thing for them to have done, but anything is possible.

'..anything is possible' is the first open-minded, non-rcmp line comment I've read here since the rcmp report was released.
If true, then its equally possible that one of the kids wanted to give it up and the other shot him.
A bit more of a reach, but if they'd naively transported the stolen the Rav on some promise they'd get paid upon arrival, then this could have been their reward. Perfect patsies.
All rcmp are confirming is that these were the two youths and they were killed by guns, two of which were found closeby, making it look like suicide.
Not the rcmp's remit to decide guilt, only report facts to the courts. But they did a great job of finding these guys, boosting their well-earned reputation.
Meanwhile, here in BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member