Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there would be no reason for the family to request that RCMP withhold the details. Airsoft is speculation. They probably had acquired a gun illegally.

Edmonton mass murderer Phu Lam used a gun stolen in BC. Toronto Danforth mass murderer used a gun stolen in SK. Gunshops lose many guns in unsolved overnight thefts.

For sure they could have acquired a real gun.

As for the family having a reason to withhold his COD, it can simply be because they have a choice whether or not to and they chose not to. That’s it.

BS was was already on the road when AS texted BS about the cologne. And AS asks him how would he get the cologne to him then. BS asked his dad to send him a pic of the cologne. That was BS’s last text message to his dad. (Iirc) link on one of these threads.
The dad wrote "send photos" in an unanswered text.

RCMP crime analysts must have put in crazy hours over the last five days.

As one of the RCMP officers involved in the recovery said, one of the things that they have to rule in or out is the possibility that McLeod or Schmegelsky committed a fourth murder and, if so, which one.

That is not a determination, if that’s where the evidence leads, that the RCMP will make lightly. If this is the scenario, there may be some careful wording around it.

The RCMP must also know that the autopsy reports may become public (they normally aren’t) and that this could lead to second guessing, legitimate or by people with their own agenda. There is a real possibility that Schmegelsky’s autopsy report will be in the hands of journalists within hours of Alan Schmegelsky receiving it, whenever that might be.

Oh no, the possibility of a 4th victim is terrible. But maybe it will explain where they were between L and C deaths and LD. There are a couple days unaccounted for.

It was mentioned here that the gun laws in Canada extend to proper weapon storage as well. I wonder if that's one of the reasons why Kam's family is being so quiet: the possibility of culpability because Kam took or was given a firearm for his trip with Bryer.

I think that it is completely normal for people in the position of the McLeods to decline to let the media into their lives. Alan Schmegelsky is the exception, not the rule.

That said, if Kam McLeod did not have a Possession and Acquisition License, and was given a gun, or obtained one that was improperly stored, it’s quite possible that the person responsible will be sued by the Deese, Dyck and/or Fowler families for damages. It wouldn’t be a slam dunk lawsuit, but quite possibly worth pursuing.

Oh no, the possibility of a 4th victim is terrible. But maybe it will explain where they were between L and C deaths and LD. There are a couple days unaccounted for.

I think what was meant was that if it was a murder-suicide, either Bryer or Kam would be the "fourth victim", because one of them would've murdered the other...

I could be wrong on this, I just think that's what was being said about the fourth victim possibility.
jmo.

The fourth victim that I’m talking about is McLeod or Schmegelsky. Murder is a crime, and consent is not a defence.

In other words, the police were treating the recovery site as a crime scene, and their subsequent work has been in part a criminal investigation. That’s what the recovery officer meant when he used the word homicide.

This is one of the things that people who have been demanding more info for the last six days just don’t get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that it is completely normal for people in the position of the McLeods to decline to let the media into their lives. Alan Schmegelsky is the exception, not the rule.

That said, if Kam McLeod did not have a Possession and Acquisition License, and was given a gun by someone, it’s quite possible that that person will be sued by the Deese, Dyck and/or Fowler families for damages. It wouldn’t be a slam dunk lawsuit, but quite possibly worth pursuing.

I was wondering about that. What if the gun was improperly stored in the family home and KM took it, could the gun owner still be responsible?

Edit - oops, you already answered in your post, never mind!

Please no disrespect to any and all but this case seemed off to me from the beginning and to be honest just reading and researching what I could find led me here-and reading pages and pages of posts, opinions and ideas, it still feels off. Meaning nothing in detail has pointed to these are two violent troublemakers with a history of actions that would lead them to kill strangers for no reason then a thrill. Unfortunately many of the things mentioned about these two describe a vast volume of today’s youth. Yes there seem to be some flags, but let’s all be honest with ourselves I am sure every single one of us have a picture, have made a statement , or acted one way or another that would deem us ‘off’ - so building a case with that information just seems like some major components of information is being held back, missing or they just don’t have enough to fill in the blanks.
They are so confident that they have the “accused killers’ and they are deceased why continue to withhold details/?? They no longer are building a case against suspects, there is no damage to be done to the “case” with releasing information- only damage is admitting there are a lot of pieces missing.
I for one still haven’t made a decision to completely jump on board that these two indeed are the killers, I have read or seen absolutely nothing to point me in the direction they are. No one can place them visually with any of the deceased, just in the area, no gun or murder weapon, what actual evidence exist at this point other then speculation and theories. I will be the first to apologize for doubting the people working the case when they can provide me with something more then burned cars.

Agreed...good post

The fourth victim that I’m talking about is McLeod or Schmegelsky. Murder is a crime, and consent is not a defence.

In other words, the police were treating the recovery site as a crime scene, and their subsequent work has been in part a criminal investigation.

This is one of the things that people who have been demanding more info for the last six days just don’t get.

Of course, makes sense. Thank you.

As far as I know, Canadian law does not hold parents legally responsible for major crimes committed by their minor children. Similarly, parents cannot be held legally responsible for the actions of an adult child.

I have no idea about civil lawsuits against the estate of a deceased minor or adult in the event of major crimes. If they cannot be found guilty because they are deceased, how could they be sued?

I am not a lawyer.

As far as I know, Canadian law does not hold parents legally responsible for major crimes committed by their minor children. Similarly, parents cannot be held legally responsible for the actions of an adult child.

I have no idea about civil lawsuits against the estate of a deceased minor or adult in the event of major crimes. If they cannot be found guilty because they are deceased, how could they be sued?

I am not a lawyer.

If you are referring to the second paragraph of my post #296, I am not talking about a parent being held responsible for a child’s criminal conduct. I am talking about a person’s own negligent or criminal behavior contributing to a crime.

You will note that I did not use the word parent, but the word person. That was deliberate. The point I was making would apply to anyone who gave McLeod a gun, or failed to secure access properly, not just his parents. However, note that the scenario assumes that McLeod did not have a Possession and Acquisition License.

As for the estates of McLeod and Schmegelsky, they would be directly liable if murder was proven, but the estates are probably worth nothing. No point in suing, unless the objective is to get one’s hands on documents, such as internet records.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. LD's cousin is from Calgary, Airdrie, actually.

BS had family in Alberta, according to his dad.

The great uncle (not uncle, my error) lives in the PA area.
Oops yep I think I mixed him up with LD’s cousin. Thx.

I'll defer to those who have said he used voice-to-text. Whenever I or my friends have used it, hilarity ensued :)

I can read and write just fine but mostly use talk to text because I am too lazy to type Lol if I forget to go back and check sometimes my messages are quite funny too! Even when I go back and correct words my phone definitely doesn’t remember for next time. It just hears what it hears.

1) My daughter’s name is Grace. Voice to Text ALWAYS spells her name Greece, no matter how many times I’ve corrected it. I have an iPhone.

2) Calls and text messages would work fine providing they are in a place with cell service. Perhaps that’s how he communicated with grandma. Alternatively, Messenger is an app and requires data or wifi as others have already stated. If BS did not have a data plan, he would not be getting the messages via Messenger from AS. I doubt wifi is abundant up north. You’re not seeing a McDonalds every few hundred kilometres.

I will provide an alternate explanation for the texts, using a very unlikely scenario.

Dad AS calls BS on a landline immediately after the "going to Alberta" texts. BS asks him to meet him at Nanaimo with the $100 cologne. Ignore what he said in interviews for this scenario.

AS arrives at Nanaimo, but BS and KM are already gone. His next text ( July 12 7:37pm ) show frustration about them taking off early, right after picking up Walmart paychecks, and BS not reimbursing him for the cologne.

He waits until July 13 5pm to allow them to arrive in Alberta, rest, etc. He asks for photos from the Rockies. Now imagine BS calls dad, from "Alberta" based on previous chat, and mentions their next destination.

For this unlikely scenario, I am suggesting that BS told dad where the final destination "there" was, and dad checked the estimated arrival at towns where they could have exchanged texts.

So the next text, Sunday July 14, 12pm, may be when dad thought they would be at some town on their long route. No answer.

The unusual Monday July 15, 5AM text was probably when they should have been in yet another town, but not final destination. That is why he took the chance at 5AM, instead of waiting for them to wake up. Little did he know BS and KM were murdering Lucas/Chynna.

Dad waited out the whole day, because of whatever BS told him they would be doing at the final destination. He sent the final "are you "there" yet" text at 4PM after not hearing back. He knew they lied to him, and didn't want to contact him.

I thought of this aswell. That once you type a word enough - even if it isn't a real word - the phone stops autocorrecting it because it recognizes that it's a word you use often. That's my experience with my Iphone anyways. You'd think if Bryer had typed "Kam" a fair amount of times, the phone would stop autocorrecting it to something else. Maybe Bryer just never cared to correct it to "Kam". Who knows.
jmo.

My phone still auto corrects one of my often used words to duck, no matter how often I ignore the autocorrect option it’s offering.

Forgiving people who commit crimes is one thing. But forgiving parents of people who are suspects in crimes is another. This bothers me, for reasons explained previously. The parents and families of BS and KM are not suspects. At this point, KM and BS are suspects, with no public proof yet available.

How do you forgive someone for something somebody else did, when not even that is proven yet?

I understand the anguish, but forgiving the families of BS and KM for crimes is treating them as if the families themselves committed these crimes. How can you be forgiven for something you did not do?

AS was under no obligation to apologize to anyone, but he did.
Right on Gina20!

1) My daughter’s name is Grace. Voice to Text ALWAYS spells her name Greece, no matter how many times I’ve corrected it. I have an iPhone.

2) Calls and text messages would work fine providing they are in a place with cell service. Perhaps that’s how he communicated with grandma. Alternatively, Messenger is an app and requires data or wifi as others have already stated. If BS did not have a data plan, he would not be getting the messages via Messenger from AS. I doubt wifi is abundant up north. You’re not seeing a McDonalds every few hundred kilometres.
My assumption was also that he was communicating with the grandma by actually calling her or texting her. I found it kind of strange that he communicated with his dad through messenger. Why not texting? Maybe dad doesn’t have a phone and it using an ipad? When my son is out and about we call and text each other.

I can read and write just fine but mostly use talk to text because I am too lazy to type Lol if I forget to go back and check sometimes my messages are quite funny too! Even when I go back and correct words my phone definitely doesn’t remember for next time. It just hears what it hears.
I use it to save my thumbs and neck :) I've allowed it to *somewhat* re-engineer how I socialize, but damnit they're not gonna disfigure me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810