Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"On July 22, 2019...at approximately 2:00 p.m., primary investigators became aware of a witness who came forward to a RCMP detachment and provided a statement. The witness knew McLeod and Schmegelsky and believed the boys may have been involved in the murders. This is the first time that police learned that McLeod and Schmegelsky may be capable of the murders which conflicted with original witness statements from family and associates."

I thought it was interesting that the van was registered to Lucas....we had largely assumed it wasn't.

Yes and also that the truck with camper was registered to KM. It was not just a loan from his parents - it was registered in his name.

from the report: "Police located a burnt license plate which was determined to be from a Dodge pick-up truck registered to Kam McLeod from Port Alberni, British Columbia"

It also does not look like they stopped killing because they ran out ammunition (something we speculated on here at WS).

From the report:
On July 29, 2019, police located several items belonging to the suspects in the Sundance area, including hundreds of rounds of ammunition from a number of scenes. This led investigators to focus on locating additional evidence within this area.

On August 1, 2019, McLeod’s backpack was located containing a full box of ammunition, McLeod’s wallet with his identification and clothing.

Based on the witness information, a composite sketch was created and released publicly on July 22nd in order to determine the identity of the individual, along with his vehicle, an older model Jeep Cherokee with a black stripe on the hood and a black light/bull bar with small, covered lights. This unknown male was considered a person of interest initially, however he was changed to a witness after McLeod and Schmegelsky’s involvement came to light. This witness remains unidentified to date.
RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

“There appeared to be some “escalation” of violence between the two crime scenes.

Dyck was found with injuries to his head and body, including bruises and burn marks. At first, police believed his cause of death was blunt-force trauma, but when the coroner arrived and his body was moved, they found a bullet entry/exit wound. A spent casing was located on the ground.

He remained unidentified until his wife Helen contacted police after seeing a composite sketch of her husband.”

Dead assailants recorded videos taking responsibility for three B.C. murders

What a completely awful and sad ending for a gentle soul. No wonder Mr. Dyck’s family didn’t want his cause of death to be released.
The DUI lawyer who spoke on a CBC audio broadcast said Mr. Dyck was burned and we all assumed he misspoke.

From the RCMP report:

There were two SKS type firearms used in the offences, one of which has being identified as being purchased by McLeod on July 12, 2019 at the Cabela’s Store in Nanaimo, BC. The second is an older style SKS with numerous serial numbers indicating parts from different weapons were put together over the years. Investigators were unable to identify where this older SKS weapon or parts originated from.

Photos at link:

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation
Thats odd, I've never heard of a rifle having multiple serial numbers. I know some of the Russian SKS rifles had parts stamped with number but they were process and approval numbers not serials

Furthermore, the family stated they sent photos of their trip via texts and shared that they had vehicle troubles. Their last contact with family was on July 17, 2019.

I am doubtful of the vehicle troubles. I think it was said to buy time and keep them as possible victims. If they knew that the van of LF’s was broken it probably gave them the idea.

Leonard Dyck:

The deceased was an older male and he did not match the physical descriptors of McLeod. The deceased suffered injuries to his head and body, including bruises and burn marks. Initially, the cause of death was unknown. [The police are not releasing further details of the injuries out of respect for the deceased’s family and not to further victimize them.]

So gunshot confirmation not released.

"The deceased (Leonard Dyck) suffered injuries to his head and body, including bruises and burn marks. Initially, the cause of death was unknown."
But if you read further:
“On July 23, 2019, an autopsy was conducted on Leonard Dyck. The preliminary findings showed a single gunshot wound was the cause of the death”.
I understand from that that he was burnt and beaten and then shot.

Also: “Victims from both scenes suffered gunshot wounds in similar locations”

Furthermore, the family stated they sent photos of their trip via texts and shared that they had vehicle troubles. Their last contact with family was on July 17, 2019.

I am doubtful of the vehicle troubles. I think it was said to buy time and keep them as possible victims. If they knew that the van of LF’s was broken it probably gave them the idea.

From the report:

"On July 16, 2019, at approximately 2:30 p.m., a witness was working as a traffic control supervisor near 1435 kilometer marker on the Alaska Highway east of Whitehorse in Yukon. The witness observed an older Dodge truck stopped along the Highway with the hood up and two young males. The witness offered assistance, but one of the males declined help and continued North bound."

I would find it unsettling to learn this after the fact. There could be more witnesses who had strange encounters or saw them but thought otherwise because it was never confirmed they were there.
It’s very unsettling! They were in an area getting gas where I get gas and groceries all the time. They likely drove out my way after 6:30, when I’m on the road heading home. I am so aware of my surrounding at all times now, esp after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle