Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he was lashing out at other commenters. But he is clearly lashing out at other people he would rather blame than his own son, who was clearly not a hostage and an active participant in multiple homicides, and ignoring established facts about the case that don't support his version of events. MOO I know he's grieving, and his response is a very natural human instinct, but it's not doing himself, his late son, or anyone else any favors. The whole thing is very sad, but I don't think any of that is really cathartic for him.
If people don't want to listen to him or read what he says, then they shouldn't get drawn to those pages and comments. If the other victim families have an issue they can easily put out a statement, but they don't, they sit silent. Let's not forget Alan wasn't even given the courtesy as a far of knowing where his son's ashes were scattered or if he was buried initially.

Well, Chynna's sister made a comment about it which sounded like she was pretty hurt and angry, to me. I would be to.

At that time yes. But I highly doubt they are seeking out his comments by scouring YouTube. He has as much right to be vocal as they do, as difficult as it is. The difference is he is a grieving parent of a murderer so he is blamed. JMO.

In 2016 when he was returned to Port Alberni, his father was working. His father is a unionized carpenter, he doesn't have to be working full time to earn a decent salary - that aside his father WAS working when his son was with him those few months in Victoria. As for the issue of 'homeless', there are varying degrees of that aspect, and I don't see any evidence where Alan lived in a tent camp in the woods. The problem in British Columbia the past few years and especially in the "lower mainland areas" of Vancouver, Victoria, and further up many parts of Vancouver Island is that housing and renting apartments has become astronomical . In my view it's irrelevant at this point, I'm pretty sure Alan is not living on the streets.

Pretty sure I read that in 2016 Bryer was living in Victoria just to work for the summer. His father has stated several times that he's been living in his van, which I find strange, because he would probably qualify for housing assistance. His lawyer mentioned in an interview that he was being "marginally housed." This could include many housing situations, but definitely not living in his van. I'm actually more concerned about the well-being of Bryer's other family members at this point, especially any siblings, because we know nothing about what's happening with them.

Yes, I'm aware, but they still lived in the same community. It's also doubtful that providing a home for a child, and paying monthly child support is possible when one is homeless. Could be the reason that Bryer returned to PA.

The law is very clear that a parent can't be denied access of visitation, even if child support is in arrears. A minor of Breyer's age would have legally been able to decide which parent he wanted to live with, unless the courts found a parent to be unsuitable. No permanent address, unsafe or unsanitary living conditions, living conditions lacking basic necessities or mental instability, would be some examples.

Well, why would 2 18 year olds, on the run from the law, purposely post that picture with butterflies all around their heads?

There improbably some kind of reason as I dont think it was random. ?
It's possible it was random. I am not positive how Instagram works but I do know facebook has a feature where you can change your profile photo temporarily (24 hours, a week or you can set a date) perhaps that is what happened .. makes sense to me. As far as the butterfly filter, again I doubt that was anything. IIRC a girl friend of theirs took the photo, added the filter and posted it. All just in fun. I do believe K and B had a very tight friendship, kind of like twins can. Seems to me friendships don't last like they used to but with these guys it did, they understood each other, sadly it ended up going in a very dark direction.

Why do we and most comments always focus toward Bryer? One reason is because we can't wedge that door open on Kam McLeod.....and we must always remember, Bryer was only one half of this 'equation'. I feel because we have nothing on McLeod we tend to build Bryer into a bigger monster than he was perhaps. Alan is telling the truth: it was Bryer's best friend's truck/camper, guns, driving ability, money, etc etc., - So rather than extensively re-parsing Bryer the big unanswered question is Kam McLeod - who I feel without doubt was the more dominant.
SBM
I think one reason Bryer dominates the discussion many times is because Alan is keeping him front and center. And I don’t blame the McLeods (or the rest of Bryers’s family) for staying silent, they have plenty of fresh hell to deal with every day. If Alan needs to get thru this horror by talking, so be it. But it appears he’s trying to rewrite history... sure he’s right that Kam had the car, could drive, had more money, knew the route likely, all of that. But Alan seems to now suggest Bryer never knew even where Kam was taking him. Like he was blindsided. And that’s just not even close to truth. Maybe in some ways Kam was dominant, I definitely can see that. Yet I still believe they were equal in their desire to go on a killing spree that ends with their suicide pact. In other words, equal size monsters. JMO

SBM
I think one reason Bryer dominates the discussion many times is because Alan is keeping him front and center. And I don’t blame the McLeods (or the rest of Bryers’s family) for staying silent, they have plenty of fresh hell to deal with every day. If Alan needs to get thru this horror by talking, so be it. But it appears he’s trying to rewrite history... sure he’s right that Kam had the car, could drive, had more money, knew the route likely, all of that. But Alan seems to now suggest Bryer never knew even where Kam was taking him. Like he was blindsided. And that’s just not even close to truth. Maybe in some ways Kam was dominant, I definitely can see that. Yet I still believe they were equal in their desire to go on a killing spree that ends with their suicide pact. In other words, equal size monsters. JMO
You said everything I have been trying to say but much better. Thank you!

but isn't that part of our problem too as sleuthers? We kind of contradict ourselves in sleuthing this case. Some public disparage Alan for being public - while at the same time get frustrated at "the lack of information". We all draw to what he says continuously.

Yeah technically I don't think we can really criticize him on speaking publicly about this without criticizing ourselves. We're kind of doing the same thing, except we have even less knowledge of the situation.

Why do we and most comments always focus toward Bryer? One reason is because we can't wedge that door open on Kam McLeod.....and we must always remember, Bryer was only one half of this 'equation'.

Because there's way more information available on him and way more visible red flags.

But I think I speak for all of us when I say, we hope one day a lot more information will become available about Kam. I have my theories on Kam but they're not substantiated.

I feel because we have nothing on McLeod we tend to build Bryer into a bigger monster than he was perhaps.

Well...I wouldn't go that far...they both turned out to be worse than a lot of us originally expected....

Alan is telling the truth: it was Bryer's best friend's truck/camper, guns, driving ability, money, etc etc., - So rather than extensively re-parsing Bryer the big unanswered question is Kam McLeod - who I feel without doubt was the more dominant.

Hopefully some enterprising journalist will figure out THAT one someday.

IIRC a girl friend of theirs took the photo, added the filter and posted it.

Where did you find that out?

I do believe K and B had a very tight friendship, kind of like twins can. Seems to me friendships don't last like they used to but with these guys it did, they understood each other, sadly it ended up going in a very dark direction.

I still wonder at what point it went from lifelong BFFs to the super dark, sadistic, terminally codependent, ninth circle of hell thing it became. Like what was the progression of events there??

I think one reason Bryer dominates the discussion many times is because Alan is keeping him front and center.

Well...I think it's mostly the Nazi stuff, "jokes" about homicide and suicide, and pictures where he looks like he's about to go shoot up a school. But yeah, the interviews didn't help either. But I don't think Bryer's dad wants the discussion to go away. He doesn't want people to forget this happened until the next one, as so often occurs.

I never said he was lashing out at other commenters. But he is clearly lashing out at other people he would rather blame than his own son, who was clearly not a hostage and an active participant in multiple homicides, and ignoring established facts about the case that don't support his version of events. MOO I know he's grieving, and his response is a very natural human instinct, but it's not doing himself, his late son, or anyone else any favors. The whole thing is very sad, but I don't think any of that is really cathartic for him.
Well said @Zella !

Oh, I see what your saying. I thought you meant he was lashing out at other commenters. He definitely is lashing out and blaming B.C. social services et al. and his ex-wife.

But...that is HIS side of the story and it's his story to tell if he wants.

I guess I just disagree with this comment:

but it's not doing himself, his late son, or anyone else any favors.

It may be later regretted but right now - at this very moment in time - AS may feel the need to talk to someone. If people on a Youtube conversation wants to engage with him, it probably feels helpful to AS.

I think if he wants to make a difference, instead of on youtube, maybe advocate for better mental health services, for improved parental and children rights.

I think that's what he thinks he's doing. His outlet is a youtube conversation.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I read that in 2016 Bryer was living in Victoria just to work for the summer. His father has stated several times that he's been living in his van, which I find strange, because he would probably qualify for housing assistance. His lawyer mentioned in an interview that he was being "marginally housed."
Along with the insane rental prices you have the .4 vacancy rate. Fifty people apply for each rental that pops up. If he does qualify for housing assistance, he would be on a waiting list which sadly is years long (in many cases). My guess is "marginally" means he is in a "shelter" so he would have a bed and everything else shared with 100 or more others. Many are addicts .. real sad place for someone to live. Some of the shelters expect you to leave early am to go to work or?? Then you get to go back for a meal and sleep. Many choose to sleep in a tent or in their vehicles instead of the shelter option. Sad situation all around.

Oh, I see what your saying. I thought you meant he was lashing out at other commenters. He definitely is lashing out and blaming B.C. social services et al. and his ex-wife.

But...that is HIS side of the story and it's his story to tell if he wants.

I guess I just disagree with this comment:

but it's not doing himself, his late son, or anyone else any favors.

It may be later regretted but right now - at this very moment in time - AS may feel the need to talk to someone. If people on a Youtube conversation wants to engage with him, it probably feels helpful to AS.

I think that's what he thinks he's doing. His outlet is youtube.
He very well could be opening himself up to a libel lawsuit from multiple parties with some of the accusations he is making. That is NOT doing himself any favors.

He very well could be opening himself up to a libel lawsuit from multiple parties with some of the accusations he is making. That is NOT doing himself any favors.

I doubt he cares. He doesn't have any assets. But I don't think he would care even if he did. This is his only raison d'etre now.

The law is very clear that a parent can't be denied access of visitation, even if child support is in arrears. A minor of Breyer's age would have legally been able to decide which parent he wanted to live with, unless the courts found a parent to be unsuitable. No permanent address, unsafe or unsanitary living conditions, living conditions lacking basic necessities or mental instability, would be some examples.

The right to visitation of the non-custodial parent would depend on the visitation or court order, which would be binding, even with the child's school, social services, etc. In awarding sole custody, the court will always take into consideration the best interests of the child, and not the mother or father. In BC, both the federal Divorce Act and the provincial Family Law Act regulate child custody and support. Also, Breyer would not legally be allowed to decide where he lived until the age of 19, which is the age of majority in BC., although Family court could certainly take his wishes into consideration. Clearly, the court, and perhaps Breyer, decided it was in his best interest to live with his grandmother.

Hi, do you have a link for these comments? I cannot see anything on the alleged Youtube channel for Al Schmegelsky. I am only seeing re-posts of re-posted alleged quotes with no supporting links?How do we know these posts are even really from AS and not fake?

Here’s a link to the CBC You Tube channel where AS is posting in the comments section:

I know the glove discussion has been going on and I'm terrible on timelines and the geography... but reading that AUS article just now it sounds like the gloves were purchased right before Leonard's murder that night and not after? So I went and looked up dates as I think it was discussed here they bought gloves after LD's murder and not before.

Sorry for being gross - but if violence escalated they probably bought the gloves for a "better grip" of an object that they might've used and as mentioned here, being more hands on as Leonard's murder was.

Gloves were purchased on afternoon of July 18th:
"They also bought doughnut packages, a Coffee Crisp chocolate bar and two pairs of gloves at a local store in Dease Lake on the afternoon of July 18."

Leonard's body found early morning July 19th:
"On July 19, just before 8:30 a.m., a highway worker notified a Dease Lake RCMP officer responding to a burnt truck along Highway 37 that he had found a dead man at a highway pullout just two kilometres south."

https://www.vicnews.com/news/doughn...ix-facts-about-b-c-s-triple-homicide-manhunt/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18