CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The men who abandoned their ride on the dead-end road, about 760 kilometres north of Winnipeg, would have been faced with limited ways to flee the isolated area, which means they may be hiding in an inhospitable, sometimes impenetrable, environment.

It's a spectacular area, but it's also a very intimidating area. If you don't know that area and you get lost in it, your chances of survival, I think, are pretty slim."

Police have not said if they believe the suspects remain in Manitoba.

If they are in the area, Hunter, a retired forest firefighter, doesn't think they could last in hiding.

"I don't think they could live in the bush — it's mean — but when you're desperate, who knows?"

He said jumping onto a train or hitchhiking may be improbable due to the vast territory, and fleeing on foot simply isn't reasonable.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...soggy-land-gillam-fox-lake-homicide-1.5224347

I can’t see them being split up unless it’s part of a plan they came up with... I do think they might be in a war mentality, they’ve been through so much together at this point I think they’d want to “go out together” like a pair of soldier brothers... yikes

I hope these two are captured alive and held accountable by the system and we can at least get some answers on motive..

Im sorry but i cannot fathom how the victims friends and families feel seeing them referred to as good boys

Id be trying to find them first

We often hear this kind of thing from family and then, once we dig deeper, we find how they treated others, outside their family and friends circle. It's easy to be good to your granny who spoils you or your close sibling or buddy, but how do you treat those who can't give back, those who are different, those who are weaker... strangers? A boy who tells a female classmate he will kill her and describes some ways he might kill her, is not a "good boy" by any measure.

Agree. However, based on everything we know, BS seems much more likely to be the dominant one who initiated or leads KM, either by force of personality or threats, or just KMs loyalty based on history of friendship. Over time perhaps, KM fell into BS's web and became a follower. Although I can't recall other cases off the top of my head where two young men go on a killing spree or team up for crimes, the dynamic of leader/follower rings true to me. MOO.

I'm starting to lean towards them being on foot - and the possibility that they did commit suicide and just haven't been found yet looms larger as more time passes without incident.

KM had the vehicle BS needed kind of thing? That's my hunch. BS being the more dominant psycho-driven of the two.

Sorry if I'm repeating anything here, folks...I have to go back through three threads to look at this point...but wasn't that confirmed sighting on Sunday in Meadow Lake a hardware store? Was there ever any report of what might have been purchased there?

I thought I saw this on CBC but can't find it now...

Hello, new here - been following from the beginning.

A few thoughts:

Burning the grey RAV4 seems nonsensical, but maybe if they're on foot they wanted to hinder dogs from tracking them aided by clothing they left behind?

I agree, all we know from his fb is that he has
a sister. this makes me think BS may be the ringleader, since he's an only child.
jmo
Sorry if I'm repeating anything here, folks...I have to go back through three threads to look at this point...but wasn't that confirmed sighting on Sunday in Meadow Lake a hardware store? Was there ever any report of what might have been purchased there?

Correct. I saw the same thing.

I don’t get the impression these guys are hardcore survivalist. More like the armchair variety. They probably talk a good game, but I haven’t read anything that indicates they’ve done more than run around the woods shooting air soft rifles at friends. To me, they don’t seem to be ready to survive in a wooded lot in the middle of downtown somewhere, much less the vast punishing wilderness of northern Canada.
Nothing indicates they have any real equipment with them. They have deluded themselves if they thought they could just step off near Gillam and survive. Unless they got another car somehow...no indication they have done that...they are already dead or close to it, in my opinion. They might never be found.

I see that the maps are including a route to Whitehorse. I know they said that's where they were going but did they?

Obviously LE knows more than we do. I wonder if there was really a "plan" or was it just and idea that happened and evolved.

Did they want to work their way across the entire country killing people as they went until they made it to the maritimes or was it an opportunity that presented itself and they decided to go for it?

So many questions I have rolling around in my head and random thoughts this morning.

If they've made it into northern Ontario there will come a point where it's not quite that remote anymore however it will be cottage country and busy. This is the high point of vacation time in Ontario. The last 2 weeks of July and the first 2 weeks of August. It'll be hopping in cottage country.

I was in Toronto last night and it was busy busy busy. Tons of people. They could definitely hide amongst the crowds but they would be homeless. I think they would be outed by the shelters or the homeless community.

They need money if they're coming to Toronto. Heck, they need money in general.

I also don't think that they're capable of stealing a vehicle if there isn't a person with the car. They need the person to hand over keys, wallet and anything else. I don't think they really know how to steal a car.

If they have committed suicide in the bush, they may never be found.

MOO

Burning the grey RAV4 seems nonsensical, but maybe if they're on foot they wanted to hinder dogs from tracking them aided by clothing they left behind?
Hi Crumble! New here too. Their families will likely have clothing the tracking dogs can use. If that was their reasoning, they slipped up! Maybe they just enjoy destruction?

I don’t get the impression these guys are hardcore survivalist. More like the armchair variety. They probably talk a good game, but I haven’t read anything that indicates they’ve done more than run around the woods shooting air soft rifles at friends. To me, they don’t seem to be ready to survive in a wooded lot in the middle of downtown somewhere, much less the vast punishing wilderness of northern Canada.
Nothing indicates they have any real equipment with them. They have deluded themselves if they thought they could just step off near Gillam and survive. Unless they got another car somehow...no indication they have done that...they are already dead or close to it, in my opinion. They might never be found.
I agree...We're approaching the third day and fourth night of being on foot, if that is indeed what happened Monday night after the Rav4 was lit. We don't know how much food they had or water, but even fully stocked they have to be reaching limits by now. Playing RUST did not prepare them well..this isn't that old Farley Mowat book, Two Against the North.

We often hear this kind of thing from family and then, once we dig deeper, we find how they treated others, outside their family and friends circle. It's easy to be good to your granny who spoils you or your close sibling or buddy, but how do you treat those who can't give back, those who are different, those who are weaker... strangers? A boy who tells a female classmate he will kill her and describes some ways he might kill her, is not a "good boy" by any measure.

If there is psychopathy involved, different people may see an individual quite differently. Psychopaths are able to do this, whereas a normal person cannot. Most people are what they are, and everyone they encounter sees pretty much the same person.

Agree. However, based on everything we know, BS seems much more likely to be the dominant one who initiated or leads KM, either by force of personality or threats, or just KMs loyalty based on history of friendship. Over time perhaps, KM fell into BS's web and became a follower. Although I can't recall other cases off the top of my head where two young men go on a killing spree or team up for crimes, the dynamic of leader/follower rings true to me. MOO.

I'm starting to lean towards them being on foot - and the possibility that they did commit suicide and just haven't been found yet looms larger as more time passes without incident.
I don't think either one of them are with the other out of duress. None of the store clerks who saw them has commented on one of them seeming uncomfortable. I think they're both in it wholeheartedly. I suspect KM might actually be the ringleader, though. Based on what I've read about duo killers, BS's personality seems very reminiscent of the other "followers," though of course it is hard to know without more info on KM.

I also disagree with the speculation I've seen on here about schizophrenia as an inciting factor. Duo killers usually have a bizarre, elaborate shared fantasy world, but that doesn't mean they are psychotic and detached from reality in a medical sense. I think they think they are playing a game, but I don't think for a minute they are are mentally incapable of recognizing it is a game.

I agree with you that they went into the woods, BearCatSafari, although we don't really know what equipment they might have with them. That stuff seen in the Rav4 could have belonged to the previous owner and they had their own equipment.

But in terms of having another vehicle to get away back on monday night, at yesterday's PC, the RCMP mention the increasing presence of LE in the Gillam area, and said nothing about any new vehicle they may have stolen from either Split Lake, Gillam or Fox Lake reserve. Everyone along there will know about this and would know if they were missing a vehicle by now, I would think.
rbbm.
Not that i think they are the cycling type of guys, but would anybody notice or care other than the owners, if bikes/helmets were stolen?
Everyone looks the same under a helmet whizzing by on a bike..
speculation, imo.

I looked through different sources and never found a record or mention of what was purchased.

Two employees at a hardware store in Meadow Lake, Sask., about 250 kilometres northwest of Saskatoon, told CBC News the suspects were in their store and made purchases, though it was not clear when.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...s-lucas-fowler-chynna-deese-1.5221657?cmp=rss

Hello, new here - been following from the beginning.

A few thoughts:

IMO, there’s a good chance dogs would track their scent from where they took off on foot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle